Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an air conditioner in your house/flat?

zerox

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

yep, we have a whole house A/C and heater, but I"m my part of the house it doesn't work very well, so this past may I bought a window unit and I've been living in an icebox o3o- although it's about time to take it out of the window with autumn at our doorstep 

Yeah, I do. I actually have three in my house. Two on either side of the building, and one on the second floor. That might seem like an overkill but during the really bad summers, they are a god send. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a window air conditioner installed in my room but it's removed during non-summer months.

air...... conditioner?? 

what is this magical device you speak of? 

Seriously though, no. Its not really a standard thing to own in a house here in the UK. only time i ever get to see or use one is in hotels or various work places. at home, we just put 3 desk/floor fans on. 

My house has central A/C. It usually is set to 82 degrees F though so it doesn't kick on a whole lot. I have ceiling fans and some smaller desk ones too.

I only turn it down cooler for a little while If I get hot from doing work or if I have company. Since it does the whole house, it can get expensive to run.

The heat doesn't bother me too much but the humidity really does, especially when trying to sleep. I remember when I was about 12 the A/C at my parents house was broken for a year. Some nights that summer were pretty unpleasant, even with a fan.

My neighbors' A/C seems to run 24/7 in the spring through early fall. It's so OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD. It sounds like it's ready to break. What's even dumber is that sometimes their WINDOWS are OPEN when it's on...:muffins:  I REALLY wonder what their electric bills are.:wau:

Yes, I do. Both back at my family's home and in my dorm. Last year I lived in a dorm with no air conditioning but it was never bothersome on hotter days as long as I had a fan turned on in front of an open window.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...