Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an air conditioner in your house/flat?

zerox

Not here in France, it's pretty chilly so we only have electrical radiators for the winter.

In summer, all we gotta do is open the windows wide for an hour or two, once in the early morning and once at night before bedtime, as a passive "environmental A/C". There are also desk fans we can use in the living room and each bedroom, I guess that's the only active and "local" air conditioning we really do.

Back in Turkey, I don't remember during my childhood, but our current apartment had one.

Living in England, 99% of houses don't have or need them, but on some days I really wish we did 

• 1 month later...

Nope. I have window AC units in summer, and even with that NYC is sweaty smelly hot. I miss Texas, where it was 100 (37.7c) outside but a brisk 70 inside everywhere you went (21c)

Nope, I only have a fan. In summer, I sometimes wish I had one when it is really hot. But luckily, these hot days are not so often in summer so that the fan is usually enough.

• 3 weeks later...

In Alabama it is ABSOLUTELY necessary in summer. The heat and humidity are unbearable without strong AC and a fan to keep the air circulating. Kinda wish I lived in a less unpleasant climate; I don't mind the cold as much as the heat.

Yes, I have a central A/C unit in the apartment. I like it cold, freezing cold, at all times. My roommate likes it warm so I have to compromise, but I keep a window open in my own room, even in the winter.

Nope. Live in North-West of Russia, heater in much more essential for us here. Though in summer, there are usually a couple of weeks you might need it, when it goes to 30 or above.

Most people don't have neither though, centralized heating is still how most people get it.

• 8 months later...

I live in the deep south, where one can nearly drown in the humidity during the summer. My house has a central air conditioner.

I wouldn't mind a liquid nitrogen upgrade. :sneer:

I do have an A/C in my home (a beefy one too), but it's always on auto to save money. Funny thing is that my A/C barely turns on no matter if my home is in an extreme Winter condition or an extreme Summer condition, so it's like a 2 - 5% chance of actually turning on. What's also funny is that every other neighbor around my home uses a more puny A/C.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...