Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone miss primary school?

zerox

I really enjoyed primary school but not so much high school. my high school was mostly filled with retards/assholes and that ruined my high school experience.

I always liked learning stuff so I was rarely bored in school.

• Brohoof 1

Elementary and Middle School was a pain in the ass for me. Mostly because during those times the Fallout of my parents nasty divorce when i was 4 followed me pretty heavily through those times in school. It all led to a lot of stress, anxiety, issues with self confidence and caught me in a power struggle my mom was waging against my dad to suit her own agenda while trying to manipulate my teachers, doctors, and principals in order to try and discredit my dad and try and get a manufactured diagnosis of ADD. It was a terrible predicament. All of that bullshit ended when i entered high school. In short i don't miss elementary/middle school. Not a bit. Was a terrible part of my life.

I can say that I don't miss it at all. The curriculum was boring and far too easy. Also, there were always annoying kids, and complete jerks even then. Though I can remember some of the great times I had in special education class (Oh yes! I, the first of my third grade class to completely get through multiplication (by a few WEEKS), also had Special Ed for about an hour everyday!)

I don't miss it by any means. Was bullied a lot and never had friends during that time. I also struggled with plenty of subjects. It was simply tough for me to get through. I would not have gotten through it if I wasn't put into a special ed program. I do miss those days of my life though, even with all of the troubles in school I found ways to stay happy.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I don't miss it by any means. Was bullied a lot and never had friends during that time. I also struggled with plenty of subjects. It was simply tough for me to get through. I would not have gotten through it if I wasn't put into a special ed program. I do miss those days of my life though, even with all of the troubles in school I found ways to stay happy.

same here but it never really affected me. some used to beat the shit out me but that didn't work. I never became scared/afraid of them nor did a have any problems with going to school. I know that may very negatively affect some people.

worst thing that happened is that someone spitted into my mouth and I got a nasty virus as a result of that.

Edited by zerox

(edited)

Fuck no, some of the absolute worse years of my life were in elementary and middle school, the kids I had to deal with were were absolute monsters

Contrary to popular belief, despite some problems I had a decent time in high school, and would gladly go through another 4 years of that instea

Edited by Whompy Whomperson

I miss some aspects of primary school, but not others. 

For one, I enjoyed not having as much responsibility as I do now. I look back on the petty little things I worried about back then and chuckle. :P Elementary school was fun because of all of the different field trips and outdoor activities. Plus, everyone seemed to get along for the most part. My elementary school experience was a little different because I was homeschooled for part of it, so I only physically went to a school-like facility with other kids in my homeschool group one day a week. 

I switched into public school for junior high, and it was a major culture shock. Throughout middle and part of high school, I struggled with anxiety and was very quiet. I remember focusing more on academics than social interactions with others. It was hard adjusting to the notion of cliques and bullying. My experience did have some positive aspects, though. I loved Language Arts and Art classes, and I did make a few friends that I am still in touch with today. :)  

The adult world can be challenging at times, but I do enjoy having more freedom and flexibility as I plan out my future. I also enjoy being around (mostly) mature people! Overall, I cherish the past, but I am happy just where I am. :P 

• Brohoof 2

When I was in elementary level schools, there were good times, and there were bad times.

I have ADHD, so sometimes I would get in trouble for the smallest things.

I miss the life I had in high school and before. However, the aspects of that time I miss aren't really connected to it being high school anymore. Really, I'm glad to be done with needing to be at school at 8 in the morning. I'm even more done with having to take math classes which I could barely even make a C in. But I would gladly go back and do it again if I had the opportunity to change things so I could continue on the happy path to a 'normal' future.

I can barely remember what primary school was like for me since it was over twenty-five years ago. What I do remember of it though was that I had a lot of hardships all because my behaviour was different from everyone else.

I hated primary school, if anything those were the worst years of my life. All the fighting, all the bullying so painful, those were the only years I lived in contant fear as a kid. By the time I reach high school I didn't want to deal with anybody, I just sat down and kept my head low and mouth shut.

(edited)

Yes, yes I do. I spent a quality time in it, even my high school was filled with some time that I enjoyed. Yeah, high school was filled with bunch of assholes and idiots but I didn't mind that, I just loved being there. 

I am the type of person that can adapt pretty well in any environment, no matter what. 

Edited by MissDiamond
i wanted to add more things.

To be honest, I don't know. I never really interacted much in primary school. If I ever tried to though, it would be passed off as "Once in a blue moon."

What i'm saying is, It wasn't bad, it was just boring.

• 3 weeks later...

Elementary and middle school were rough. It was difficult to make friends, and I was usually the target of school bullies. It plain sucked. While I was always bored in high school, at least I can say that I developed meaningful friendships during that time. This wasn't the case during the early years.

• 2 years later...

Hell no.

I was as shy and timid as Flutter Shy and I was incredibly awkward. I was not well-liked by my fellow classmates and I remember just hating going to school every day.