Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Anypony Still Use Calendars?

Denim&Venöm

I have one physical calender. The theme of the clander is weather/meteorology. There are really nice pictures and I buy this calender every year. I also usually use this calender when I want to know a date or plan something.

• Brohoof 1

I place a new calendar in my bedroom at the start of every new year. I am keen on using calendars now that I am back into school again. They help me with tracking assignments, important dates, etc. I think that I may have picked this up from my mother, as she is huge with them and relies on them.

(edited)

I always have one in the kitchen. I never think to look at my phone.

Then again, i also wear a watch and use a real alarm clock, so...

Edited by BlueStreak98

(edited)

I've been using Friendship is Magic calendars mounted above my nightside for the past few years! May 2017 has Rarity saying, " Nice is an understatement, I look fabulous! 

My favorite picture in all the calendars was August(my birth month) 2014 where Twilight and Spike are together and labeled as Best Friends!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
Wrong word
  • Brohoof 2

Under normal circumstances...no. I did all through college to keep track of job work times, project due dates, assignments and personal appointments.

But after college I found I never needed them anymore since I didnt have assignments and had full time jobs with regular hours. So my life essentially became routine.

I did end up buying a pony calendar at Babscon last month but not entirely by choice. A couple walked up and asked if I would buy one as the profits went to a charity. They said I would be special and be the 5000th sale they need. I mulled about it and was heavily leaning to no but they emotionally strong-armed me and I caved. They said being the 5000th meant I would have my picture on their twitter which they did take a picture of me with the calendar.

Spoiler

I really dont think I was actually the 5000th :D

• 4 months later...

I buy a new Zelda calendar every year. It's filled with game and manga release dates, when movies are coming out, collectibles I'm interested in and a small handful of birthdays and anniversaries of family and close friends. The past few months and for the rest of this year I've added bill payment dates and pay days to it as well. I use my phone calendar for my work schedule too

I don't have one up in my room (last time I had one up here was 2010), but occasionally I'll either use the one downstairs or the one on the computer. I'm always forgetting what day of the week it is, so I'll have to look there. If I have something I really need to remember though, I'll just put it in my phone.

So, some?

We have a physical calendar in the hall that is used to write important information. Doctors appointments, Parent-Teacher conferences, interviews, meetings, etc. It is actually required that if you need to time that you write it down so that others in the household can accommodate it. If you don't write it down, don't be surprised if no one is willing to give you a ride/watch the kid(s)/whatever.

I've tried to implement Google Calendar or something similar so we can sync our calendars but no one friggin' uses it so I gave up and stuck to the paper calendar.

• Brohoof 1

I have one, but it's mainly there just for decoration. I always forget to change over the months simply because I forget it is there :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Funny you should mention this. I was thinking about getting a my little pony calendar. I guess it would be mostly for decoration since I wouldn't have much use for it, still think it would be cool though.

I do. I tend to be pretty scatterbrained and forget appointments pretty easily. I used to use a physical calendar, but Outlook's works a lot better for me now. 

• 1 year later...