Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you like & dislike about the new forum update?

dreamstream

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm getting used to the new forum look and all the stuff that comes with it. But I wanna know. What do you guys like and dislike?

RULE: Only one of each.

1. Like
  • Being able to upload things and see emojis in status updates.

1. Dislike
  • The little ad at the bottom of the entire page that keeps forcing me to look at it!
  • Brohoof 3

I like that You can Brohoof Status Update and See Emojis in Status Update.

I don't like that there's a Ad that You can't really block with Adblock like It used to.

The mobile website is pretty much like the desktop version, so it's super easy to do everything I could do on a computer now that I don't have to load the desktop site just to look at statuses, which was the hardest thing to use on mobile.

I wish followers were called friends though :please: . But now you can follow people even if they aren't willing to be friends.

Also I can use emites everywhere :yay: .

Like- Ease of access for mobile.

Dislike- Well, I'm sure with further updates we'll see this feature implemented again and that would be displaying the Brohoof counter again.

• Brohoof 1

Like - can participate more since the the site is actually responsive providing a better mobile experience. 

Dislike - the messenger system. It's slower, and a pita to locate a specific message if you know the time it was sent, but not sure on the title and sender (I have a lot of group messages). 

• Brohoof 1

The biggest problem to me, is the design, it's like the "simple and clean design" witch is really fashionable ! Every website look like that nowadays !!!
I really enjoyed the precious design more "brute" of course, but more welcoming and warm !
And the website is not even faster.

Only one of each? >.<

I like the design of the new forums, it looks much better and cleaner than the old forums in my opinion.

I don't like the ads that pop up even though I've opted out of them (they cause problems). 

Like : You can now like Status Updates. ( you couldnt do that before, right? With my memory skills, it wouldnt surprise me, if i got that wrong )

Dislike : The Side is to white.

• Brohoof 1

Hiya, @dreamstream! Just letting you know that I've moved your topic to Feedback. 

As a side note, if anyone is experiencing technical issues with the new update, please post them here. Thanks! :) 

• Brohoof 1

I really like how much status updates have been improved upon with brohoofs, removed character limit, being able to add images and such! Being able to view all status updates through a link on every page also helps quite a bit :)

While I haven't seen this criticism too much, the birthday list feels a lot more inconvenient now due to listing members in alphabetical order, rather than from mostly recently active and descending... not only does this make it much easier for the average member to miss a friend's birthday unless they scroll through the list every day, it also means that members that like wishing all recently active members a happy birthday (which I know there's been a few) would have to hover over each profile pic (today, that would 48 pics), see if they've been online, then rinse and repeat ^^;

• Brohoof 1

There's so much for me to say about the forum update but this time I'll just go with the things related to profiles.
Like: Cover photos!
Dislike: No more profile backgrounds.

(edited)

Its way easier to create a blog or topic

Lastest Forum Post

Live posts are better then before

Forum Navigation is better

Dislike

Profile backgrounds are gone; making the thread "Rate my About Me Page" pointless. Its replaced with The Cover Photo and I truly despise it because you only upload only blurry photos to it, due to the size of the photo its asking for 

Threads you participate in and see of they are updated are gone

Its just a tiny bit harder to update your status. Originally you go up to your username, click it and update your status. Now you have scroll down to the status section and update it that way.

The "friend" system is gone. Its replaced with a follow system, which really annoying because now every time some post a status update you get a notification.

Edited by The Cynical Lone Wolf

(edited)

Like:

• You can view entire topics by hovering over them
  • Profile banners
  • Tags more visible
  • Auto-embed

Dislike:

• Status updates shown on the home page are cut off
  • You can't view a status update without going to someone's profile
  • The "Recently Posted In" section at the top of the home page takes up a lot of space and doesn't have much in it
  • No profile backgrounds
  • Profile info shoved off to the side, "About Me" shoved off to another page
  • Line spacing is too big
  • Lack of BBCode
  • Lack of member stats (posts per section, post times, etc.)

There's more on the dislike list than the like list, but I really don't mind the update too much and I think I'll get used to it.

Edited by Kor
  • Brohoof 4

Dislikes:

I preferred using the IP Board theme, and it's gone now.

Also liked the old mobile version of the site better. May have been more minimalist in nature, but it was easier to navigate.

The PM system looks a lot worse now, with the messages, usernames and avatars cramped down to make room for the random sidebar listing all the other PMs you may or may not have received recently. There's also no longer an option to delete messages, for whatever reason.

Okay, if I can only put one of each:

Likes: Um, I don't hate it as much now that I'm getting used to its ugly new look. :unamused:

Dislikes: No Brohoof counter. There's not much point to adding Brohooves to Status Updates and such if no one can see what their count is. :ooh:

There's a few zillion other things I'd like to name here but again, only one allowed in each category. :pout:

What I like: ... I really don't know. Notification sound I guess? I don't see any improvements, maybe except some bugfixes...

What I dislike: WYSIWYG mode only - Lack of BBCode. All bugs and dislikes merged together aren't as inconvenient as this one.

Also many ponies seem to mention new look and the white space - I absolutely have no idea what these are all about, because it's exactly the same for me, except little changes in the front page layout. It's the same background, the same look... Just like it was before. Do they mean the mobile version or is there something I've overlooked? Just wondering. :P 

I am starting to really like it. The responsiveness is a lot of fun and it looks and feels nice ob mobile. I like the extra notification options.

On desktop I'd still like more border on the sides.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Rikifive said:

What I like: ... I really don't know. Notification sound I guess? I don't see any improvements, maybe except some bugfixes...

What I dislike: WYSIWYG mode only - Lack of BBCode. All bugs and dislikes merged together aren't as inconvenient as this one.

Also many ponies seem to mention new look and the white space - I absolutely have no idea what these are all about, because it's exactly the same for me, except little changes in the front page layout. It's the same background, the same look... Just like it was before. Do they mean the mobile version or is there something I've overlooked? Just wondering. :P 

There are quite a few design changes made by IPS to give it a cleaner look which contributes to the white space feel. 'View Topic' has no blue border separating the posts. That is one of about two dozen small changes I see. 

• Brohoof 1