Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Into Darkness: A RWBY RP OOC

Drago Ryder

2 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

Well that's true plus he has a nice bushy tail considering he's a wolf faunus and wolfy ears.

Ironically enough, he'd look like a member of the white fang. Lord have mercy on the idiot who points that out in the rp

Why wear a a mask that looks similar to the ones that terrorists wear in the first place? Especially if he doesn't like the group. It wouldn't be anyone's fault for pointing it out, it would be the wearer's fault ignoring the fact he looks like a white fang member.

6 hours ago, Ranger22 said:

Why wear a a mask that looks similar to the ones that terrorists wear in the first place? Especially if he doesn't like the group. It wouldn't be anyone's fault for pointing it out, it would be the wearer's fault ignoring the fact he looks like a white fang member.

Hmm true so maybe artificial fangs in his mouth. The mask idea was so that he wouldn't put a sharp sword in his mouth.

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

Hmm true so maybe artificial fangs in his mouth. The mask idea was so that he wouldn't put a sharp sword in his mouth.

I get what you're saying, however if this is his semblance I think having to activate the effect through his teeth would cause some problems and be a bit impractical. What if he could apply the effect(use his semblance) by coating the weapon with his hand. Sorta like how in dark souls a character applies resin buffs to his weapon, but a whole lot faster. If you don't get the reference maybe he could apply the effect through striking his weapon on himself, though being shielded by his aura. If you really want to do it through his fangs artificial fangs sound like your best bet. Sorry if I sound a bit pushy, i just like throwing ideas around.

(edited)

Hi, I know you've already started but I'd really like to join you all seeing as you have extra spots available! I hope my character gets accepted :).

Name: Kelpie Arowana

Species: Faunus

Type (Faunus only): Catfish

Home Kingdom: Mistral

Weapon: A custom fishing rod, capable of blowing bubbles and is also a usable rifle. It has flexible and shiftable parts, and can be shrunken to fit in her backpack. The string attached to it can be used as a whip, and is often used to keep enemies in place for others. The bubble blowing is more for fun if anything.

Semblance: Call of the Water - She uses her aura to extract the water from the air to use for herself in combat, or for healing on others. She is capable of freezing or boiling the water, or even in some instances control the weather if she focuses hard enough. The more particles in the air, the stronger her ability gets.

Extra abilities: She is capable of breathing in water, and is an excellent swimmer.

Appearance: A fairly short student at only 4"11, however she makes up for it in the way she walks and stands. At first glance, it's fairly difficult to notice her Faunus features, however on further examination you notice gills on her face and arms, and the whiskers on her face. She has long, shiny hair that is very flowy. In combat, she puts it up so it doesn't get in her face, and her outfit is often showing off her gills to give her the ability to use her semblance to her full potential..

((Will be drawing her soon, don't worry!))

Personality: She's a fish out of water (pun intended) due to her swampy upbringing so far away from civilisation. She knows little about the world around her which makes her extremely curious, almost to the point of being oblivious. She loves other cultures, and wants to learn things that she wasn't able to in the swamp. Despite being clueless, she's not incapable and hates being underestimated because of her nature. She's hardworking and does her best in every situation she finds herself, even when it's hard for her. She has a very odd way of speaking, and often makes cat and fish puns. She's much better at following others then being a leader, 

Background: She was raised with her two fish faunus parents deep in a swamp located in the depths of Mistral. She lived there all of her life, and due to the high density of Grim, she was unable to leave. Even though she was happy there, she wanted more from life then to be born in a swamp then to die in a swamp. She wanted an adventure. It was when her parents told her about their past, and them being a Huntsman and a Huntress respectively. She decided she wanted to follow in their footsteps, and that first step means going to Beacon Academy. She built her own weapon and fought her way out of the swamp, and eventually made it to Beacon.

Edited by maemaee

28 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

@maemaee

I will accept her, but you may want to wait until we get three more people so that we maintain the four person team rule.

That's fair enough! Thanks :)

23 minutes ago, maemaee said:

Hey, this is just a quick question. Would I still be able to role play on campus before the first test? I'm really excited to be role playing.

Sorry, but unless someone drops out or we get two more people, there's not much I can do.

• 3 weeks later...

Huh... Hi, this is an awkward greeting, I agree. Anyways, still accepting? I mean... it is saying taking applications... 

I'll be waiting until you respond so I know.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, rolle said:

Huh... Hi, this is an awkward greeting, I agree. Anyways, still accepting? I mean... it is saying taking applications... 

I'll be waiting until you respond so I know.

Yeah. I want to have a second team set up like in the origional show. Just sumbit your character and I'll see where to go from there. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Drago Ryder

Name: Etherius Malvaleine

Species: Human

Type (Faunus only): N/A

Home Kingdom: Vale

Weapon: Two retractable claws that can shoot out for about 1m and are chained to his gauntlets. His left gauntlet can have dust inserted into to improve his left claw, likewise with his right. On the top of the gauntlets, there are small holes which can shoot needles, these can also be improved with dust from the same source as the claws.

Semblance: Etheris Awakening is a hereditary semblance such as the Schnee families' glyphs. Every member of the Malvaleine family ever since their ancestor Etheris first used it. The effects of the awakening can differ slightly depending on who uses it. The normal description would be an enhancement to the body. However, this can be described differently a thousand times over. Some, gain wings and a beak, some claws, some just boost their own reaction speed. The thing that makes all of these related is that it all resembles what their ancestor Etheris' semblance could do. No one is quite sure why, they theorize that they inherit a small portion of their ancestors' power, or that they have to unlock it somehow.

Etherius himself is a little more of a special case inside of his family, he inherited four of the abilities. One is to create the Malvaleine family's armor, however, he can only currently create the gauntlets which are described above. The second thing he has access to is the customization of the family armor, if only he knew how to use it in the middle of combat. The third ability is an improved reaction type and the final and fourth one is one that everyone inherits, which is their eyes. No matter what color they get their eyes always have a small star-like formation in the middle of it. One side-effect that he and some others from his clan suffer from is that they start looking like their ancestor Etheris, with Etherius looking the most like her at the moment.

Just between you, I, the others, and nothing characters in roleplay will probably ever know. The real semblance is more of a semblance to modify certain attributes. Etheris could modify an unthinkable amount of things. Most people nowadays can only modify their own bodies and most likely only 1-2 things. Therefore Etherius is a rarity in that he can both modify the space around him to transport Etheris' armor onto him, but he can also modify the armor itself. Although, he barely knows how to use his semblance yet as it is a hard semblance to use since they know nothing about their own family semblance almost.

Extra abilities: Flexible, unnaturally strength for how he looks, 

Appearance: Standing at 5'3 Etherius is rather... Well, small. To go along with this short stature of his he also has rather long hair, which is the color of the night with green stripes in it. As mentioned earlier he looks like his ancestor Etheris, which is why he is rather short and has long hair. He has tried to cut it shorter, but to no avail, dyeing it also doesn't work. He also has the face of a girl and the body shape. He is quite well trained, even though it wouldn't show on his body due to the effect of his semblance. His combat suit almost makes it seem that he only has one set of clothes, but he has multiple of the same. His combat suit is made out of a black shirt that ends just above his stomach, and shorts. Both made for women, obviously due to his body type. he was also forced to wear a side bow in his hair until he was finished with the studying at his father's unreasonable demand.

Picture Reference (Optional): N/A

Personality: He dislikes being called short, he also dislikes being called a girl, although he is very reasonable with it as he looks like one. Otherwise, he is rather calm and quiet, he will talk when with friends but otherwise not. He dislikes having to kill if having no reason to, except Grimm, that is a reason though. He dislikes his family business, both the underground and the famous parts of it. He isn't too fond of arrogant people, although he can be a bit arrogant when it comes to knowledge about the Malvaleine family. He didn't have many friends when he was little, much due to family reasons, and as such he is rather bad at socializing. He also over treats friends, that meaning he can be quite obnoxious without knowing.

Backstory: The Malvaleine family is quite old, older than the kingdoms at the very least. No one is quite sure about an exact date, however. Their story goes alongside that of Remnant for an unspeakable amount of years before, to their knowledge. However, most of their records are lost to the ages... and Grimm. From what they have left of their documents show that they have always been the secret organization that they are today. Not many government officials know of the darker side of the Malvaleine family, I mean, to most they are just simple maid shop workers. That being said, their maid shops are quite popular. Although the female ones are much more popular than their male counterparts for reasons untold here. The darker side is that they're mostly assassins, however, the maids are failed people. They know how to fight decently, but they failed the exam. Etherius, however, didn't, he just asked to be sent to beacon instead of training to become an assassin.

Back in the day when Etherius was quite young, he was taught how to fight, martial arts were the first thing, after that he learned how to fight with needles, claws, sticks and swords just in case. He also learned the basic things like math and other school stuff. He was quite promising, except in the practical missions, such as killing rats or other pests around the house, without any reason, he just didn't want to. His father didn't care much. His mother, however, the Malvaleine of his two parents wasn't too happy about it. He repeatedly told him to stop caring so much about every single life, to which he always replied "Any life, no matter how insignificant. Is important, just like how bees pollinate flowers. Rats, well... They feed the cat." or depending on the thing he was supposed to kill. He later asked them for permission to go to Beacon, they both saw nothing wrong with it. His mother thought he'd finally get over his feelings of killing things if he started killing Grimm. Now he is on his way to becoming the first Malvaleine hunter.

Just ask me if you want anything clarified, if you're confused or if you want me to add/remove/edit something. I'm always open to suggestions or demands. Should I tell that I am nervous? Yes.

Edited by rolle

(edited)

@rolle

Just take out the bit about him being able to change the type of dust and he should be fine. Probably should've warned you that you may have to wait for two more people to sign up.

Edited by Drago Ryder

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

Is this still open or am I too late.

Should've updated, but sign ups are currently closed. I will probably open them back up later on in the rp, though. Sorry.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

Should've updated, but sign ups are currently closed. I will probably open them back up later on in the rp, though. Sorry.

Couldn't you just put em on hold like you did with me though? Or am I considered to not be on hold anymore? I'm unsure.