Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite and least favorite dungeon in Zelda?

Luigi

So everyone who's played Zelda games before has that dungeon they can't wait to explore and that dungeon they wish could die. What are your respective thoughts?

As for me, my favorite dungeon is Arbiter's Grounds from Twilight Princess, and my least favorite is the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite - Fuck, just about any from TP is fantastic, though Snowpeak is probably my favorite

Least - Water Temple fuck that place

Ocarina of Time is the one I remember best so I will go with that for this topic.

Hmmm....

I think my favorite would be either the Ice Cavern or the Forest Temple. Both are very atmospheric with great music and scenery. 

Least favorite? Lord Jabu Jabu. Never enjoyed that dungeon honestly. Through my playthroughs, that was always the one I dreaded the most. It is not difficult, just annoying. 

My favourite dungeon is the Spirit Temple from Ocarina of Time because of the Egyptian motif that surrounds it in addition to the overall difficulty. My least favourite dungeon without a doubt is the Great Bay Temple from Majora's Mask because of all that water and confusion.

(edited)

I never really had a favorite... I love a good puzzle, but not really a fan of the dungeons. If I had to chose one though I would go with the Snow Temple from Spirit Tracks. It has interesting puzzles using your boomerang to freeze, or burn things, even the final boss, Fraaz has a burn and freeze mechanic. Reminds me of Koume and Kotake's boss fight. Plus I feel Spirit Tracks, and Phantom Hourglass had the more unique, and interesting dungeons compared to the other titles. I would say Snowpeak Temple from Majora's Mask, but it doesn't use its ice and fire mechanics as much as the Snow Temple does.

Now least favorite temple... You probably think I'm gonna say the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time, or the Great Bay temple from Majora's Mask. Okay the Water Temple did have a bullshit hidden room under that block you enter when you raise the water, and despite how many times I beat the game I keep overlooking that room and get stuck. Not to mention Dark Link was very frustrating if you fought him normally, but overall the Water Temple isn't that bad. As for Great Bay... why do people keep saying that temple is hard? That temple is the second easiest in the game and can be beaten in less than an hour. The only hard thing about that temple is the boss, especially on the remastered version.

Okay enough stalling... my least favorite temple. No one ever talks about this temple for how hard it actually is, and how confusing it can be. This temple in my opinion was made by satin himself. I'm referring to the Stone Tower Temple... I fucking hate that place sooo much. Puzzles that are way too hard. Too many mid-bosses. When you think you're done with the damn place you have to flip it upside down and do the temple again but upside down. If you forget the key in the mirror room and the temple is upside down, have fun backtracking. Fuck Gomess, he does way too much damage and is so far in the temple so if you die... you get to walk all the way back to him... he's harder than the final boss. Gives you a cool mask to turn you giant... but can only be used against the boss in this temple. And lastly the final boss Twinmold is a push over... all this crap for an easy boss fight... ugh just give me my Heart Container and let me beat the game. :unamused:

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

Favorite, I do not know. I liked Spirit Temple from OOT, the snowy mansion one from TP, and the futuristic ones in Skyward Sword.

My least favorite is probably Arbiter's Grounds - for one reason - it creeps me out. Although I did like the item introduced and thought the final boss was unique, I don't like being scared. The redeads or whatever in that game were too detailed. I'm so glad that with Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild they've moved away from these creepy areas/dungeons.

My favorite dungeon is Ganon's Castle in OOT, specifically after you've cleared the minidungeons preceding it.

My least favorite is the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask. I didn't like the gimmick of changing the water's flow, and the boss, at least in the 3DS version, is annoying as hell to beat. OOT's Water Temple was straightforward and easy by comparison.

• 1 year later...

Favorite Dungeon: I'm split between Tower of Hera (ALTTP), Shadow Temple (OOT), and Earth Temple (WW)

Lest Favorite: Water Temple? LOL XD. Great Bay Temple? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Jabu Jabu's Belly......... the Oracle of Ages one :eww: . That's the real bullshit dungeon. Think the water flow in Water Temple was bad? Try it with 5 big floors with their corresponding water control switches all over the place. Floating platforms that are [art of the water level puzzles, the limited square layout is easy to get lost in, and oh, I've read that it's actually possible, TO MAKE THIS DUNGEON UNWINNABLE :wacko: 

• 3 months later...

Favourite dungeon is The Dark Palace from A Link to the Past. I also liked the Forest Temple (OOT), Tower of Hera (ALTTP) and Tail Cave (LA).

Least favourite is The Great Bay Temple from Majora's Mask. I don't know how they did it, but they somehow took everything about the Water Temple and made it ten times worse. Dishonourable mentions to the Water Temple and Jabu Jabu's Belly (OOT), as well as the Ice Temple (ALTTP).

@Snow Frostflame What? I love the stone tower temple, it's by far my favourite one. Super catchy music, the stone tower looks so evil and intimidating, and the temple can turn upside down.

My least favourite is probably the Goron Cave in Ocarina of time, or Lord jabu jabu, I think both are just really boring.

• 1 month later...