Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tired of the 'feminazi' comments

heavens-champion

Just now, cpl_dixon said:

I always thought it was be the other way around, a movie with a male protagonist gets ridiculed by SJWs.

Exactly this. With the exception of the Ghost Busters Reboot, I've never  heard anyone call a movie with a female protagonist "Feminist Propaganda" .

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I actually am tired of people constantly calling feminazi. It's about as tiring than SOME people calling sexism against women when they feel threatened... (*cough cough* HILLARY CLINTON *cough cough*). Really, people should shut up and get along (and make that as easy as it can be as well...). Maybe things will get better in this world? Just tired of that crud. It needs to freaking stop.

Edited by Nerdy Luigi

24 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

What movies have you seen people say this about?

I watched a trailer for Smurfs: The Lost Village on Youtube, and from the looks of it, Smurfette will be the hero, and some comments were calling it feminist.

21 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

I watched a trailer for Smurfs: The Lost Village on Youtube, and from the looks of it, Smurfette will be the hero, and some comments were calling it feminist.

From the sounds of it, this does not sound like a very frequent thing... I will say if I did see it I would be annoyed since it is just a silly way of thinking. A good movie is a good movie, whether or not the lead/hero is male or female. On the flip side a bad movie is just a bad movie no matter who is the star. Just because a film company makes the lead character female does not mean they are preaching some sort of SJW ideals or the like.. it just means a bunch of paranoid guys are afraid of being mentally emasculated by that particular film and ridicule it to hide their insecurities. Of course if the film has some sort of agenda, that is a different story... but those kinds of films come in all shapes and forms, not just those with a female lead.

I've got to say, I hear about these at least as often if not more so than I hear people complaining about movies being sexist, racist, etc.

My eyes tend to glaze over at the repeated insistence of either party. That being said, don't we have an entire thread over in the debate pit full of people bemoaning SJWs and "feminazis"?

It wouldn't be feminist unless they only doing so for the sake of feminism.  There's no need to try hard to give a female's an important role. Just come up with a lead character without being pressure that you need to add a female as a lead character or give them important role just to please the feminism out there. You don't own them any favors, it's your characters do what you want.

I feel like some people call "SJW" and "feminazi" to fit in. Like they're hopping on some bandwagon. I do hear it all the time, even about things that don't make sense. ''A black WOMAN and a GAY MAN????!!1 the SJW are taking over"!!

Also, being a tumblr user, I see ample amounts of misandry so I'm skeptical about feminism. I hate everyone equally I guess. I just notice that people like to hop into their camps and attack the other group. It's a tribal mentality. 

I am tired of both alt rights and SJWs messing with movies, games, music etc. It's like when there's a black/female character in a movie it gets trashed for being SJW propaganda. Then if there's a white male protagonist radical leftiests get all the butthurt they can gather, because it is "white racist junk" etc. In 90% of cases when any of those start crying I wouldn't even notice such insignificant aspects of art if they weren't pointed out. I would never take note that Rogue One is "SJW propaganda" if not alt right whining about how it is full of random nations. I would never think The Witcher 3 is racist if not random genius SJW on Polygon crying that there is no dark skinned character in the game (new to slavic stuff, huh?). I would never think Mass Effect: Andromeda is SJW appeasement if not alt rights looking for evidence behind every corner. I wouldn't think that way of most of so called "propaganda" stuff if not people who just keep looking for reasons to complain. 

Honestly, just enjoy stuff, stop looking for political nonsense author didn't even care about in order to trash it. 

• Brohoof 2