Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When You Decide to Care (Cover)

Stallionslaughter

A fan song of a fan song. Steelchords is, surprisingly enough, one of my favorite brony musicians. He recently played Whinny City Pony Con, which was a really awesome set. So, naturally, as with everything I love, I decided to ruin it with a cover. Please enjoy, and be sure to check out SteelChords Youtube Page too!

Download - Stallionslaughter - When You Decide to Care (SteelChords Cover).mp3 :wub:

In Game Name:
Server Name :
Offense Banned for:
Staff member who banned you:
Dispute Reason:

Ok...

Jeez that EQ is way up there...gotta bring it down, especially that kick, which is completely suffering. All that high end is bringing that beach ball kick. Give it some depth and low end. Also, running it through a compressor and increasing the gain and completely lowering the attack time would restore it's power. 

Again, running stereo vocals will definately give it more space. Mono vocals, especially in this genre, can be very piercing and with the stereo, it can relieve all of that stress, enabling the vocals to spread out. 

Your distortion is sounding better then your previous tracks. Using a clear sounding distortion eliminates the need for further editing. 

All in all, great cover, but watch the mixing on your kit and vocals. I'm always here if you need help. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Ok...

Drums are so finicky! lol And admittedly, they need a lot of tweaking, but ultimately I need a better program. (Right now, I'm using a midi-programmer and stock drum sounds. It's not even a Drum VST, so squeezing out good sound is very difficult.) Thanks for the heads up on that EQ though. ;P

For vocals, I've found that I don't like the sound of stereo enhancements. I have three vocal tracks (Lead Center, Backup Right, and Backup Left) and that's really about as good as it's going to get. :( My ears don't like the sound of double-tracked lead vocals.

I'm glad my distortion is sounding better! I rebuilt the entire set-up with Reaper plug-ins and different cab sims. Instead of Marshall Stack impulses, I'm using an Orange 2x12 that provides a much warmer tone. Also! Distortion pedal on Bass guitar is my new favorite thing! ;P

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Stallionslaughter said:

Drums are so finicky! lol And admittedly, they need a lot of tweaking, but ultimately I need a better program. (Right now, I'm using a midi-programmer and stock drum sounds. It's not even a Drum VST, so squeezing out good sound is very difficult.) Thanks for the heads up on that EQ though. ;P

For vocals, I've found that I don't like the sound of stereo enhancements. I have three vocal tracks (Lead Center, Backup Right, and Backup Left) and that's really about as good as it's going to get. :( My ears don't like the sound of double-tracked lead vocals.

I'm glad my distortion is sounding better! I rebuilt the entire set-up with Reaper plug-ins and different cab sims. Instead of Marshall Stack impulses, I'm using an Orange 2x12 that provides a much warmer tone. Also! Distortion pedal on Bass guitar is my new favorite thing! ;P

No prob on the drums...best way to find a kit that you can mic up...

For vocals, if you wanna not go full stereo, you can make an audio illusion. Keep the center vocals at 64 pan (perfect center). You can then take the left at put it 51 (left pan) and the right one at 71 (right pan). This is technically a stereo setup, but really, is three mono tracks in the shape of a stereo soundwave. You can then add a little bit of small room reverb for extra atmosphere.