Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Into Darkness: A RWBY RP

Drago Ryder

@Drago Ryder , @Acnologia , @Ranger22

Ghalan had the biggest smile on his face as he grabbed his measuring tape. He then began to measure each of his teammates arms, legs, thighs, chests, He was careful with Yuki though he didn't want her to think he was some sort of pervert. He was but more chivalrous. He smirked at her as he was done measuring all his teammates with a smirk on his face. he looked at the twenty or so ingots of Mithril or Mithrandier as his father called it. "You won't regret your decisions my friend," Ghalan stated with a grin on his face. "Yuki do you have your specifications that you want for your land and bow?" he asked with a gentle tone of voice. "Because this will be a long forging process," Ghalan stated simply.

(edited)

@dragon4111@Drago Ryder@Ranger22

Yuki thought for a moment before shaking her head. "Yeah. I have the specs for the original, but I don't think it's anything to drastic." She said as she handed the designs for Lunar Spire to Ghalan, knowing that it'd take time to get used to a new weapon. The only other change was a larger battery so that she could fire more arrows without recharging. That being said, she did feel a bit weird when he measured her, but tried not to show it. She knew it was for the armor that he would most likely make for the three of them, so there wasn't exactly any ulterior motive there. The fox faunus then glanced at Draco. "That reminds me, what did you get on your shopping trip?" 

Edited by Acnologia

@Acnologia@Ranger22@dragon4111

"I doubt I would." Draco then gave a light smirk as he looked at Ghalan. That being said, he was also a bit curious about the effectiveness of whatever thw wolf faunus would create. The dragon faunus then turned his attention to Yuki and shrugged. "Just a bit of dust for some experiments I have in mind, and of course ammo for Vince and Ghalan. It was honestly a it of a pain to get, but that isn't surprising considering all the robberies as of late."

@Drago Ryder @dragon4111 @Acnologia

Draco coincidentally enough walked through the door just as Yuki finished her sentence, with Vince not knowing whether or not the faunus had overheard their earlier conversation. Vince's concerns were temporarily discarded when Draco had begun conversing with Yuki, followed by Ghalan with the same offer he had given to Yuki and himself. With Ghalan's enthusiasm Vince would admit that Draco was in quite the distracted position. Though it wasn't like Vince had any real intention to hide the assumption about Draco's heroism, even going so far as to potentially bring it up as a topic eventually. But once again Ghalan's offer proved to be the dedicated topic, which to Vince's admittance made him want to reconsider Ghalan's offer of reforging his equipment. Sooner or later Yuki had initiated dialogue about something other than mithril, question about the specifics of Draco's shopping trip. Which to Vince's satisfaction proved his earlier theory, naturally a huntsman in training would purchase dust for supplies. But only giving the faintest hints about whether or not he had anything to do with stopping a robbery. "I never requested dust from you Draco," Vince remarked, not feeling comfortable with having someone buy him something without asking first. It had always made him feel the slightest bit indebted, in a more negative way than he would have liked, as if the buyer had wanted Vince to feel like he owed something. "Though I thank you for doing so, especially considering the robberies. Speaking of which, have you heard of the robbery in town today? It was near the stores so I wonder, did you see anything?" Vince asked in an innocent tone, though he had mainly wanted to gain more evidence to prove his theory.

Ghalan grinned as he looked at his friends with a grin on his face. "So do you want to know how effective Mithrandier is?" he asked as he tossed the mithril chain shirt to Yuki. "Hold that close to you please," he said with a gentle tone. he drew his gun and took aim. He shot the shirt, the bullet  flattened itself against the shirt and nothing happened to Yuki. "Any questions?" Ghalan asked smugly to his friends.

@Drago Ryder@Ranger22@dragon4111

Yuki had just gotten the shirt over her chest when she felt the impact of the bullet against the malie armor. When she looked down, she noticed the bullet crumpled on the groumd. "Well, I'm sold." She said, giving a nervous smile. The fox faunus then looked over the amor, curious about its structure.

Draco thought for a moment, before deciding that it would be best to just tell his team about what happened earlier and nodded. "Figured it'd be better to have a stockpile available than to rely on the shops. As for the robberies, I did have to step in on one occasion before I left the last shop I visited." He said. "Took out most of them, but one got away. Think his name was candlestick, or something like that." The dragon faunus also decided to ignore the fact that Ghalan shot a round at the armor Yuki was holding. 

(edited)

Knew it, was all Vince could think as he heard Draco admit to having stopped the robbery that was brought up on the news. Unless there was some other robbery that happened in town in the exact same way Vince was confident in his statement. The stockpiling of dust was generally a smart idea for students, especially considering the increasing rarity of said dust. Though the endeavor surely would have cost quite a sum of lien on his part, making Vince wonder what form of income his teammates had. Though that was a question for later, what concerned Vince the most was Draco's safety. "I expect nothing less from a huntsman in training, though it seems these robbers are quite a problem for the police. I wonder how they manage to successfully rob so many stores? They must have to be quite organized to keep this stuff up, and you said one managed to escape? How are you certain that Candlestick fellow won't come back seeking for payback? I know your tough Draco, but if this man is connected you and anyone you know may be in trouble." Vince said as he rose to face Draco. The while Ghalan had tested the mithril armor with a live round, much to Vince's complete annoyance. Though he had to admit, the armor had managed to hold up horrifyingly well for it's composition and design, and it wasn't as if Yuki was shot wearing the damn thing. Mail? How the hell did mail stop a bullet? "Ghalan, can you not fire your damn gun in the damn dorms? We might get into some serious trouble with the teachers We aren't even suppose to have them out in the academy, take some caution next time." He said in a rather lecture like tone, mainly worrying about Yuki's well being, especially since she was shot with a revolver. "So, what are we gonna do about this. You took action Draco, if anything happens it's your responsibility," Vince said to Draco after refocusing his attention back to him. Trying his utter best not to act on his instincts for firearm safety that had been drilled into his mind.

Edited by Ranger22

Draco sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He knew that, while he may not have a family, two of his teammates did. If they were dragged into this, then he wouldn't be able to forgive himself. That being said, he wasn't about to show hesitance. "I already told Yuki this, but I don't exactly have family. At this point, the number of people I actually have any connection with can be counted with one hand and they're all in this room." He said. "As for candlestick, I doubt he was the mastermind behind the robberies. What crime boss works in the field with the hired help?" The real thing he wanted to know was what they were going to be using the dust for. Compared to the haul he had scored, they probbaly had around ten times more at this point. The dragon faunus then leaned against the counter in the kitchen. "I know you and Yuki have family. Believe me, the last thing I want is for any one to get hurt becuase I stuck my nose where it didn't belong, but I had to do something. If Torchwick comes after me, I'll deal with him."

Ghalan chuckled as he looked at his friends. He then noticed the puzzled look on Vince's face and the nervous look on  Yuki's beautiful face. "Relax my father did the same thing to me once he figured out the right method," Ghalan stated with a chuckle. "Be glad I didn't use a sniper round that'll hurt your ribs. But a word of warning it will stop pulls in their track but it won't stop explosions or bludgeoning weapons," Ghalan stated as he looked at his team. "It will stop slashing weapons but a rapier if thing enough can get through the small chain links," Ghalan explained. "Unless you guys want plate armor then well I want you to find a Mithrandier mine or if the white fang still have all the mithril ingots on them. Good luck to them trying to forge it in today's factories," Ghalan stated with a laugh.

"Because Mithril has a unique property as if it is almost alive," Ghalan said with a shrug. " Atleast that was my father's theory when he tried to use a factory. Which made the cannon so brittle. One shot shattered it,"

@Drago Ryder@dragon4111@Ranger22

Yuki nodded slightly, happy with Ghalan's explanation, before glancing at Vince. "I honestly am fine." She said, giving a comforting smile. The fox faunus then turned her attention to Draco and walked towards him. When she was close enough, she placed a hand on his shoulder. "And we'll be there to help."

(edited)

Vince had found himself agreeing with Draco's assumptions about Candlestick, though the name itself sounded too ridiculous for Vince to believe it was the criminal's real name. Despite this, what crime boss worked with his own lackeys? The idea was ludicrous for sure, but the world has a way of surprising people, in usually unexpected and horrible ways. That idea alone made Vince wary about Candlestick's true position and possible mastermind of the recent chain of robberies. Regardless, this was a particularly big issue to deal with, though Vince couldn't blame Draco for acting considering he would have done the same thing. But the prospect of dust being stolen didn't sit well with Vince, where was it all going? Black market sounded too easy, but it made complete sense. The robberies would make dust from vale more expensive, making the other regions want to buy from somewhere else like Atlas or Mistral. The prospect of Atlas hiring these goons frightened Vince, though it made sense and he didn't have any doubts about his government doing such things. But if they were robbing dust to sell on the Mistral blackmarket, more profit was to be made if these thugs were simply in it for themselves. Thinking about it made Vince's head hurt, this sounded bigger than he and the others had any right in butting in. "As I said before this man is probably connected to a lot of friends. If worse comes to worse your going to have a rogue huntsman after you, or multiple.This man won't come after you alone, and I suspect he saw your combat capabilities for himself. Saying you'll deal with him doesn't answer my question. So again, what will you do?" So Torchwick is his name? Not much of a difference but it at least sounds better. On a different note Ghalan brought many curiosities about mithril to Vince's mind. This material could stop a bullet but not a rapier stab? It was lunacy to think about, though the rest made sense. It was a strange prospect, a living material that seemed to refuse modern technology and methods. Besides that, Vince found himself thanking Yuki for saying what he was about to.

Edited by Ranger22

@dragon4111@Ranger22@Acnologia

Draco glanced at Yuki and gave a light smile. "Thanks for the support." He said, before turning his attention back to Vince. "We get stronger. I have a few theories that I want to test out that may or may not result in a explosion. I say theory, because I'm not sure if anyone has even tried what I am thinking, If it does work, I'll teach it to the three of you, along with a few other things I have planned. My only rule is that you not show what I teach to anyone, The last thing I need is to be hounded by the student body or to give our enemies a full spectrum of our abilities." The dragon faunus then felt his scroll vibrate. When he looked at the screen, he essentially saw a summons from Ozpin that asked for him specifically. "This shouldn't be long." With that, Draco left and made his way to the central elevator. He already had an idea of what the headmaster wanted to talk to him about, and he had questions of his own that he wanted answered.

Ghalan was paying attention to this conversation and said "Hmm well some bosses tend to be on the front lines like some generals of old," Ghalan rubbed his neck slightly as he looked at his teammates. "Hmm," Ghalan said with a grin on his face. "well I could probably do a half plate for you," he stated as he shook his head slightly. "Considering rapiers are smaller at the tip so they could slip through the small holes in the chains," Ghalan stated with a chuckle.

@dragon4111@Ranger22@Drago Ryder

Yuki frowned as she watched Draco leave and thought about what his training would entail. A major red flag was the fact that he asked them not to display when they would learn from him. What exactly was he planning. The fox faunus. then remembered Draco's journal and removed it from its hiding spot under the chair curshion. While she was curious to see if he had written anything about the team he was leading, she decided that it would be best to stop looking into things they shouldn't. When Yuki opened one of the larger compartments on Draco's bag to put it in, she noticed that it contained nothing but boxes of dust crystals. She also noticed similar boxes in the smaller pockets, the only difference was the fact that these contained the dust rounds Vince and Ghalan could use for their weapons. "How much dust did he buy?" She thought to herself as she finally found a place where the journal could fit.

What Draco said didn't sit too well with Vince, though it gave an answer it was vague and potentially dangerous. He agreed that the had to get stronger, that was a plain given. Though Draco's theories and need for secrecy made Vince wonder what could have possibly been going on in the faunus' brain box. Despite his discomfort with the notion Vince understood why Draco had wanted to keep what he did secret. Though it may seem peaceful, the world was still dangerous and filled to the brim with dangerous people and faunus. Secrecy, like Draco had explained would help keep whatever enemy they had just made from gaining an advantage. Though Vince still worried, whether they liked it or not becoming a huntsman forced them into a scheduled life. One, that despite being there to aid in their growth could potentially make it easier for anyone with enough intelligence to easily keep track of them. Before Vince could say anything Draco's scroll had vibrated, leaving the dorm as well as questions. With a sigh, Vince overheard Ghalan offering more possible things he could forge with his mithril. Vince scoffed at Ghalan's grammatical use of 'a half plate,' he had to agree it was a more sturdy option for those up close. Though, aura and speed seemed to be the norm among huntsman. Mithril had proved an interesting topic, however Yuki's hiding of Draco's journal and investigation of his belongings proved to be a more direct and immediate issue. Walking over to Draco's bag he saw the dust that filled it, making Vince feel more uncomfortable with the fact Draco bought it all for the team. "So, what are we going to do?" Vince asked, feeling as if he had asked the question more times than he had to.

@Ranger22@dragon4111@Drago Ryder

Yuki could only sheug at this point. "I don't know. All of this is just getting more complicated the further we get involved." She said, not even moving to look at Vince. "I guess the best thing we can do is train with Draco and try to help him the best we can. Of course, that's assuming you're talking about Draco."

Ghalan looks over and saw the rounds. "Hmm I never gave him what caliber I use," Ghalan stated as he pulled out a dust round that fit's his gun. Now that it was out since it was a large magnum. It looked like a elephant killer magnum. How he was able to keep his hand from being broken by the recoil was a Muzzle brake to help with the large amount of recoil. Ghalan looked at the dust rounds that Draco got him and sighed "He didn't get the right ones," he muttered as he shook his head."Hmm unless he saw my other revolver which well," Ghalan stated as he walked to his locker and pulled out an old western revolver with the inscription '“Be not afraid of any man; No matter what his size; When danger threatens, call on me— And I will equalize!” printed on the barrel  of the gun.

For Ghalan's larger revolver it had a simple name on it 'Ranger Sequoia' along with a scribble of a dead language lost to time. "Those rounds look to be .45 good enough for the Colt," he stated with a chuckle.

(edited)

@Ranger22@dragon4111@Acnologia

After about two minutes, Draco found himself sitting in front of Professor Ozpin. The man showed little emotional expression, but he didn't see too angry. At least, that's what the dragon faunus assumed.

"Do you know why I called you here, Mr.Ignis?" He asked.

"I assume it has something to do with either the recent dust robbery or how I acted in Ms.Goodwitch's class. For the latter, I apologize. I should've at least managed to restring myself and not throw Winchester into a wall."

"I'll tell her you said as much, but it is the former. What you did was highly dangerous, but also expected of a huntsman in training. You stepped in and quickly took control of the situation, but someone your age shouldn't have to do something like that." When Draco didn't give a response, the headmaster decided to continue. "Do you know why I made you the leader of your team?"

"I have been curious about that to some degree. I didn't inspire them or come up with some brilliant strategy, and I practically did nothing compared to the others against that last grimm."

Edited by Drago Ryder

Yuki had seemed to be in a similar predicament as Vince was, overwhelmed by the sudden surge of information and wondering what to do in face of it.  Her suggestion was simple and held merit, Vince couldn't help but nod in agreement. What else was there to do? No one was certain about anything besides the fact there was possible danger in the near future. The best they could do was just train, plain and simple. Continue their lives as huntsman in training and hope for the best while doing whatever could be done. "I said we didn't I? It can't be helped, best we can do is aim to get stronger and do what we can when if we have to. Best not stress over it, we don't want to be dragged down by something that isn't certain." Vince stated to Yuki before returning back to his bed, trying his best to find comfort in the soft fabric. Vince noticed Ghalan investigating Draco's 'groceries,' listening to his teammate's words that seemed to just flow through his mouth as if nothing had happened in the past few minutes. Vince couldn't help but smile, seeing his teammate practically following his advice without even trying. Vince couldn't help but laugh at the cheesy and lengthy inscription Ghalan's revolver had, keeping it subtle and quick to not sound rude. Seeing Ghalan's weaponry made Vince wonder about his own, after all-a weapon practically made a huntsman. He never really put much personality into his gear, not bothering to put much thought into his armaments compared to many others. Vince had assumed this was due to his combat school issuing gear instead of letting students create their own. Though Vince knew he had the freedom to do so now, considering if it was worth the effort to do so. With a bit of pondering Vince had concluded that he should, it was something to do if not anything else, best think about that instead of impending doom. "So, what do you fellas want to do now?" Vince asked, slightly bothered that he felt he had asked this question before as of recent.

@Ranger22@dragon4111

"I heard Vale had some good markets. We may not need dust, but we could buy some stuff to make the room feel a bit more like home." Yuki said. That, and she also promised her younger sister that she would get her a souvenir before the first year was over.

(Of course, that's assuming that the room our character's personal design choices already implemented.)

@Ranger22@dragon4111@Acnologia

Ozpin nodded slightly, before continuing on. "Really, because I saw just that. You kept half your team at a range where they would be effective while you and Mr.Chromwel engaged it at close quarters. That, to me at least, is a good strategy" He said. "Either way, a leader must be able to awaken the dormant strength that resides in each member of his team, and I have no doubt that you'll have trouble helping them reach their full potential. This world needs guardians."

Draco nodded slightly, though he didn't exactly understand that last part. After that, he was essentially dismissed by Ozpin. Thankfully, it didn't take him long to make his way back to his dorm room, and he entered just as Yuki gave the others her idea. "I don't see why not." He said.

Ghalan smirked as he said "Well do you ladies want to see how I work my magic?" Ghalan asked as he then asked Yuki "Your weapon if you please?" he held out his hand to Yuki with a gentlemanly smile on his face. He had placed forging hammer onto his belt before he had asked those two questions.He was smiling slightly as his eyes roamed over Yuki as there seemed to be a fire in them. Reignited by his passions for his craft.

Vince simply nodded in agreement to Yuki's suggestion, for it was convenient and it had sounded like a good distraction from the whole Dust robbery mess. But that brought another question, what was everyone's take on home? Naturally it was subjective for sure, but Vince hadn't the slightest idea what his teammates had like aesthetically. Not that it was an actual issue of course, considering Vince would figure out their tastes when the shopping actually began. Before Vince could vocally agree to Yuki's suggestion Draco had conveniently walked through the door to answer for him. All things considered Draco was gone for a relatively short time, not that it had any impact of the suspicion Vince carried. "I guess that's three votes for some shopping." Vince stated before seeing Ghalan's interest in forging Yuki's new weapon reappear, interrupting the topic about shopping. Dog is persistent aint he? Vince thought to himself as a light smile briefly appeared on his face. 

@Drago Ryder@Ranger22@dragon4111

Yuki smiled as Draco entered the room and nodded. She honestly didn't know if the three would be open to her idea, but it looked like they were going shopping after all. The fox faunus then turned her attentiom to Ghalan and handed him Lunar Spire. "Be careful with her." She said, more or less joking with the wolf.