Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mlp Movie Trailer Out!

Moved to Elsewhere

Go crazy with analyzing this. Dat art style. It's gonna take some getting used to. I also kind of wished they showed clips from the movie but it's the first teaser. Probably gonna be a more complete one down the road

• Brohoof 9

Animation looks pretty good, though having Pinkie screeching "MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE" doesn't leave a good first impression honestly :P

• Brohoof 4

I really hope someone will analyze this, bacause so far the only new thing I can see is a bunch of new (?) pegasi. The animation is quite good, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

A little taste of the new style and animation, and so far I approve of it. As Rarity said it best "How lovely!"

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I really like the the new art style. It's a bit strange to have a new one, but it looks great! That yellow and blue pony at about 5 seconds seems to have a unique coloration.

Edited by Foxy Socks
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Halberd said:

Everyone on my Facebook feed: "Wow, Hollywood is out of ideas."

Me: "Don't care! Opening day ticket purchase for me."

There's a BIG difference between yet another remake/reboot and something based on a currently running animated series that has captured way more hearts than it was ever intended to. :P I'm going to see it as soon as possible. And I don't care if I'm the only adult in the theater who isn't a parent. :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 3

10 minutes ago, COBLoneWolf said:

Still not hyped for this movie. I know this teaser, but show us some footage and  I wont be excited for this movie until I see actual footage.

Considering the amount of times the idea of a film, or a teaser like this one, led me to get excited ... only to be disappointed later ... I admit that's a fair approach. 

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, Halberd said:

Everyone on my Facebook feed: "Wow, Hollywood is out of ideas."

Me: "Don't care! Opening day ticket purchase for me."

Bet these same people were going crazy over The Power Rangers and Beauty and the Beast movies last week

• Brohoof 3

Just now, C.B said:

Bet these same people were going crazy over The Power Rangers and Beauty and the Beast movies last aeek 

They were, actually.

A few are even excited for Blade Runner 2049 (a sequel), which comes out the same day as this.

But I still don't care. I purchase tickets for movies that I want to see. This is one of them.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not really surprised that there weren't any clips from the movie since it's just a teaser. I was mainly interested in seeing how the animation looked, and we got that, so I'm not disappointed.

23 minutes ago, C.B said:

On a side note, this was posted on the official Lionsgate YouTube channel. Imagine this comment section in a few hours.

I looked at the comments a few minutes after it went up and there were already bad comments. I only read a few before I decided to stop. I'm not surprised.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I'm not really surprised that there weren't any clips from the movie since it's just a teaser. I was mainly interested in seeing how the animation looked, and we got that, so I'm not disappointed.

I looked at the comments a few minutes after it went up and there were already bad comments. I only read a few before I decided to stop. I'm not surprised.

Honestly, if the commenters get buttmad because "mlp is for little girls" this channel posts about the Power Rangers movie so them freaking out about this while going crazy over a movie I could argue is "for little boys" seems a tad hypocritial.

(edited)

https://mobile.twitter.com/R_Dart/status/850034989726969856

Well, if even the art director of the Movie agrees this teaser was badly made (she hasn't anything to do with it) it means it's not a good indication of the quality of the actual Movie..... we are at the starting point once again guys...

Edit: https://mobile.twitter.com/R_Dart/status/850038828039458818

Yeah, exactly the answer Is expected.

Edited by Sly

8 minutes ago, C.B said:

Bet these same people were going crazy over The Power Rangers and Beauty and the Beast movies last aeek 

Same people who have never gotten tired of the endless cycle of Spider-Man reboots with different casting each time.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Well, if even the art director of the Movie agrees this teaser was badly made (she hasn't anything to do with it) it means it's not a good indication of the quality of the actual Movie..... we are at the starting point once again guys...

Animation quality alone doesn't define the quality of the movie itself. Let's just give it a chance once the film comes out; I'm actually quite pleased we were given little to no information from the teaser to begin with.

Edited by Stardust Balance

Just now, Sly said:

The art director didn't have a say in the teaser, but I'm quite certain that the first true trailer will be more indicative of how this film will look when it's finished.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Halberd said:

The art director didn't have a say in the teaser, but I'm quite certain that the first true trailer will be more indicative of how this film will look when it's finished.

Uhm yeah, infact I never said she was involved in it. I'm saying this teaser is POINTLESS for getting an indication on the quality of the animation of the story. 

• Brohoof 1

Who the hell is Sia? xD That's a random thing to throw into a trailer for a kids movie.

I'm not gonna lie, I like how there's a change of art style and animation. It looks interesting to me anyway.

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

Edit: https://mobile.twitter.com/R_Dart/status/850038828039458818

Yeah, exactly the answer Is expected.

How is that an indication of the quality of the movie? That is the very definition of conflation. If anything, a reasonable argument can be made that it implies the movie will look more amazing than the trailer animations 

• Brohoof 1