Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mlp Movie Trailer Out!

Moved to Elsewhere

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Sly said:

Uhm yeah, infact I never said she was involved in it. I'm saying this teaser is POINTLESS for getting an indication on the quality of the animation of the story. 

Well, to be fair, I never implied that you did say it (you even said otherwise).

And the teaser is merely supposed to raise awareness. That is all. I've seen better teasers, yes, but the ones I'm thinking of are different in tone and have higher budgets to work with. Does that excuse the crunched up shadows? No, it doesn't. But I wouldn't worry about things just yet. If actual clips from the movie are of poor quality, then people should begin to worry.

Edited by Halberd

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

How is that an indication of the quality of the movie? That is the very definition of conflation. If anything, a reasonable argument can be made that it implies the movie will look more amazing than the trailer animations 

I mean the teaser, not Rebecca's answer to it. The teaser is pointless to get an indication  of the Movie's quality, it's practically like we  haven't got nothing. We are at the starting point again...

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I mean the teaser, not Rebecca's answer to it. The teaser is pointless to get an indication  of the Movie's quality, it's practically like we  haven't got nothing. We are at the starting point again...

You can get an idea of quality the same way you can from wire frames in CGI. You just have to know what you are looking for, especially if you know a bit about animation and the software. Will this be a perfect representation? No. But you can get an idea on movement, art style, etc. The final product will just be more detailed/smoother. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

You can get an idea of quality the same way you can from wire frames in CGI. You just have to know what you are looking for, especially if you know a bit about animation and the software. Will this be a perfect representation? No. But you can get an idea on movement, art style, etc. The final product will just be more detailed/smoother. 

A well, we can all agree on that. Still, I'm very disappointed about the lack of ACTUAL footage. We all are.

1 minute ago, Sly said:

A well, we can all agree on that. Still, I'm very disappointed about the lack of ACTUAL footage. We all are.

I'm perfectly fine with there being no footage from the actual film. Movie trailers often make the mistake nowadays of revealing too much about the movie before its initial release. The less we know, the more pleasantly surprised we'll be once we watch the actual thing.

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Stardust Balance said:
12 minutes ago, Sly said:

I'm perfectly fine with there being no footage from the actual film. Movie trailers often make the mistake nowadays of revealing too much about the movie before its initial release. The less we know, the more pleasantly surprised we'll be once we watch the actual thing.

They will release another trailer, days before the airing of the movie, I m sure. At least that is what I think. 

3 minutes ago, MissDiamond said:

They will release another trailer, days before the airing of the movie, I m sure. At least that is what I think. 

Yeah, this is just the teaser. I don't know if there's going to be another teaser, but there's going to be a full trailer at some point.

That new style is definitely adorable, I'm really looking forward to seeing another trailer! ^_^
To be honest it doesn't really bother me that there hasn't been anything revealing about the movie itself, it's just nice to have a sample of what the animation style is going to be like. The lack of trailers also just creates some more hype that I'll just excitedly wait for the release of the movie.

26 minutes ago, Flutterstep said:

Who the hell is Sia? xD That's a random thing to throw into a trailer for a kids movie.

I'm not gonna lie, I like how there's a change of art style and animation. It looks interesting to me anyway.

Sia is a pop singer. Look up the song Titanium. You might have heard the ponified version, I Am Octavia. ;)

• Brohoof 2

I've been off the fandom for a couple of weeks and just when I come back, BAM!, the teaser is out! Nice. :D

I like the new animation style, especially how the pony expression palette got a little wider. But I don't think it's frame by frame animation (or is it?) and I was hoping for something a bit more traditional... But still, the teaser left a good first impression and I'm really hyped for more! :D

• Brohoof 2

I think it's great, though now I can't  wait for the full trailer. :scots: I like how they changed the art style though, it looks even better! 

Not much to go on yet, but I am excited.

Not much to analyze here other than the art style which is shaping up to be very good, if this is any indication. I really don't mind the lack of footage since season 7 is right on our doorstep. The movie can't just overshadow that.

While it didn't really show any movie footage, it was just a teaser after all, and I have to say that I actually liked it.

I thought it was cute.

I am also enjoying the updated character designs, and the animation so far looks like it is going to be pretty good

• Brohoof 1

This is the first we're seeing of the new animation style, for which I can say ToonBoom Harmony looks like it'll work pretty good for this project.

But I swear I could just feel the computers frying up rendering those shadows.

giphy.gif

• Brohoof 5

I suspected that the trailer wasn't going to reveal anything major, but at least Hasbro provided one in the first place. Despite the unfortunate quality--with Rebecca Dart confirming that this was the case--this will definitely get the fandom excited for what is to come. I think a trailer sometime in either June or July will give us a better inclination of what we are to expect from this movie.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Sia is a pop singer. Look up the song Titanium. You might have heard the ponified version, I Am Octavia. ;)

Oh yes. Now I know. She's got a great voice. Thanks for the reminder :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Gotta say thought, now with that problems off the mind, I must admit the animation is neat. I just hope we're gonna get a proper more clear trailer soon anyway. 

1405590__safe_screencap_rainbow+dash_my+

Althought I gotta say... this is kinda funny for the wrong reason (I mean the fact that Rd looks like someone who hasn't slept for weeks when it's just bad rendering) XD

Edited by Sly
  • Brohoof 1

Trailer sent shivers down my spine... So much hype!

Upon closer inspection, I am not 100% sure I'm on board with the new art style. Rainbow Dash in particular looked a bit weird. Welp, only time will tell!

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Sly said:

Gotta say thought, now with that problems off the mind, I must admit the animation is neat. I just hope we're gonna get a proper more clear trailer soon anyway. 

1405590__safe_screencap_rainbow+dash_my+

Althought I gotta say... this is kinda funny for the wrong reason (I mean the fact that Rd looks like someone who hasn't slept for weeks when it's just bad rendering) XD

no, I think rarity caught rainbow asleep and hit her with some eye shadow