Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could manipulate time

Hat988

(edited)

Out of all the superpowers, I think control of time would be the best. What would you use this ability for? If you could stop time, do stuff, and turn it back on, do you think you would eventually do all the things (!) or would you become bored/crazy with the potential?

Here are the rules:

- You can stop everything around you. You still function and anything you purposefully interact with is changed (e.g. no footstep marks but you can move an object).

- You can snap back in position with where you were before. People watching you wouldn't notice you stopped time, moved around, then resumed.

- You can go back and forward and make changes to see how differently things will play out. Complete with undo function!

I know this would be great for students. Have a high distinction report submitted by the afternoon it was given.

Impress the audience of game shows! Stop, go to a library/learn how to cook something/find the weak points of the obstacle course, and resume.

Want another superpower? You have forever to figure out how to make it happen.

Edit: I forgot the most important one! Be the first to submit pony art after a new episode.

Edit 2: You don't age when time is stopped.

Edited by Hat988
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

What would I do with that power?

Wreak chaos. Oh the fun I would have, the places I'd go, the people I'd prank and most importantly the egos I would raze. Of course, I wouldn't be all chaotic, that sort of power pretty much commands a person such as myself to try and do good. I'd probably act a wee bit like Deadpool, with the whole I'm a good guy but I do bad things anyway approach. However, I feel that if I held that power I would probably go absolutely power mad and crazy. No longer would I have to fear the consequences of my actions, there would be no one who could stand in my way, no one that would be able to go up against time itself. With that sort of power I would slowly derive my fun from the aimless destruction of others, perhaps not physically but mentally.

Now that isn't to say that I wouldn't like this power because I so would but if I did have it I pretty much guarantee that I'd go batshit insane. On a little side note, I'd be too scared to go back in time out of fear of altering the timeline that we see nowadays. I'd hate to go back and return only to discover that the world was under command of a super mutant robot dinosaur, which does sound like a nifty future/present but I like what we have at the moment. Other super powers you could obtain from time...

You'd pretty much obtain super speed considering you can just stop time and go to a new place and then restart it. Man, that'd really mess with my school "fun" races.

Edited by Gingerpotato
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Make sure that Adolf Schicklgruber gets into his art school in Vienna. I have a surprisingly small amount of things I would like to do given that ability. I figure everyone would say that one. Sure, his name never realy was Schicklgruber, but I also figure that would be changed as well.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone
  • Brohoof 1

The question is: Would I age in the Time Lapse?

First off, I'd probably wreak chaos, like most people here.

Secondly, I'd use it for SCIENCE!

It's the perfect power to study time and space.

Once I get bored, I'd probably become a superhero or something.

Or I'd channel my powers into a Blue Police phone Box from the sixties.

• Brohoof 3

The question is: Would I age in the Time Lapse?

First off, I'd probably wreak chaos, like most people here.

Secondly, I'd use it for SCIENCE!

It's the perfect power to study time and space.

Once I get bored, I'd probably become a superhero or something.

Or I'd channel my powers into a Blue Police phone Box from the sixties.

Oh you.

I would eat a 5 guys burger, then undo, then eat it again, then undo, then eat it again, then undo, then eat it again, then undo, then eat it again, then undo, then eat it again, then undo, then eat it again, then undo, then eat it again, then undo, then eat it again, then undo......

I'd probably spend a million years constantly pressing "undo" and "redo" just to try to get the best outcome possible.

I would travel back in time, generating split timelines and time clones so there would be multiple versions of me, and then I would use it to confuse my friends and play time related pranks and shenanigens. (Which i know i didn't spell right.)

I once posted something like this on 4chan, and one of the answers I got was one of the funniest things I've ever read on the Internet. Unfortunately, it was also NSFW, so I can't repost it here :(

If anyone wants to know, I can PM or email it to you or something

• Brohoof 1

I would commit suicide, because eventually I will become batshit crazy and realize that suicide would be the only option without a possible redo, freeing me of my burdens.

Just being realistic here. It would be fun, then annoying, then lonely, then hell, then suicide.

I apologize if anyone was offended, if you are I'll just redo this post.

I'd probably die since

A. I'm perfectly tanglible, however the volume of air around me, is not.

B. The pressure exerted by my own muscles relative to time dialation would make them rip apart because snapping my fingers would operate similarly to an organic thing breaking the sound barrier.

C. Heat emitted from my body would gain such a great density that it would behave the same as an ionizing radiation.

It's easier when time never gets involved and you just say "Everything except you stops moving".

And with that, I would so totally rig a skateboarding competition.

• Brohoof 2

Probably just time travel in the past to see what life was like and live a few days, weeks, months, possibly years. Who knows? Definitely would want to meet some famous people and learn as much as I can from them. Then come back to present day and use what I learned to do good, and some evil, in the world. I am a firm believer in that everything happens for a reason, so I wouldn't change events. That doesn't mean, though, we don't know what the reason is and what we can learn from it. ;)

(edited)

WARNING!

AS OF NOW, I SHALL TRAVEL BACK IN TIME TO UNDO CERTAIN EVENTS.

YOU SHALL KNOW THAT I AM SUCCESSFUL IF GERMANY LOSES WWII AND TUESDAY COMES BEFORE WEDNESDAY INSTEAD OF AFTER.

WISH ME LUCK, FELLOWS.

Edited by Pilot (Croaks)
  • Brohoof 3

I would keep it at a stand still and spend years upon year thinking about the many things in life...that is if i dont age when i stop time. If i do then i'll just use that power to manipulate the people around me (aka go back in time and make ponies the one religion)

I would keep it at a stand still and spend years upon year thinking about the many things in life...that is if i dont age when i stop time. If i do then i'll just use that power to manipulate the people around me (aka go back in time and make ponies the one religion)

Comedically, I chortled.

Realistically, you'd only be able to go back about 13 years before Adobe Flash-based animation would be alien-ly advanced for computer technology, 50 years before you surpass color television and 300 before you surpass electrical devices themselves.

Most world religions have a track record of at least double that.

I would go back in time to do something a wanted to do, but doing it in the past would negate the reason why I would go back in time, so it would have never never been changed. So I would go back in time to change it, making a ever lasting loop for myself and I would never stop, because I would never remember changing it, because I never did. Unless going back in time and changing something would create another universe were the change took place. :blink:

Honestly, I also wish that I could control time, so many things that I regret and I could change....

But if you change it, it would defeat the purpose of going back in time and you would be stuck in the time loop forever! :P