Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Interference with Audio Playback

Derpaherpamerpa

First time I'm reporting something so I might be all in the wrong place.

The new UI is really great and you've already ironed out some of the bugs but I've noticed that when listening to audio in my EarPods (iOS 10), loading new pages within the forums very frequently causes my audio to stop, as if loading the page also loads a media element.

• Brohoof 1

Have you perhaps thought about disabling the notification sounds?

Here's how:

1. Click on your username in the top right corner, then click 'Account Settings'.

2itrjh0.png

2. Go to 'Notification Settings' in the Other Settings section, once your account settings load.

2jbjh4h.png

3. Uncheck "Play a sound when I receive a notification.".

2z4kbdc.png

• Brohoof 2

In case you are on your iPhone when you get this, here is how to get to the notification settings on the smaller viewport display. 

Spoiler

1d94c3e9165d4ac69b36a352ab05cb9d.png

52945f39e01244bdb97c26f1cf204d43.png

fda6b01fa94b4518a697dc2dab4f67c3.png

e3105045a1684a6980f7755a7ee68646.png

63994705d95d436780b6df217d0f855e.png

As @Cloggedone stated, unchecking "Play a sound ... " may actually solve the issue. Remember to tap/click the save button at the bottom. I'm also curious if this worked so please pop in here and let us know if it did or didn't. :)

@Miss_SpaceNinja I just realized that I brohoofed your post, so my apologies if I stopped a song while you were in the process of listening to it. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

In case you are on your iPhone when you get this, here is how to get to the notification settings on the smaller viewport display. 

Hide contents

1d94c3e9165d4ac69b36a352ab05cb9d.png

52945f39e01244bdb97c26f1cf204d43.png

fda6b01fa94b4518a697dc2dab4f67c3.png

e3105045a1684a6980f7755a7ee68646.png

63994705d95d436780b6df217d0f855e.png

As @Cloggedone stated, unchecking "Play a sound ... " may actually solve the issue. Remember to tap/click the save button at the bottom. I'm also curious if this worked so please pop in here and let us know if it did or didn't. :)

Thanks for that!

What did you use for the screenshots? Those arrows are nice - I just used Snipping Tool on W10 to take mine. :D

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cloggedone said:

Thanks for that!

What did you use for the screenshots? Those arrows are nice - I just used Snipping Tool on W10 to take mine. :D

I use Lightshot from printscrn.com for screenshots. Occasionally I'll use SnagIt for some things (like video). 

5 minutes ago, Miss_SpaceNinja said:

Great, thanks!

Havent really looked around honestly prolly could have found this with a search sorry for the hassle lel

No need to apologize, and FWIW this was the first time this issue has been raised so it is new. This site recently went through an upgrade so little things like this are actually new to the users here too. I suspect that Cloggedone was on the right track, and if he is right, this would be likely pop up again with someone else. This way Forum and Tech Staff will have a better idea how to address it. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

No need to apologize, and FWIW this was the first time this issue has been raised so it is new. This site recently went through an upgrade so little things like this are actually new to the users here too. I suspect that Cloggedone was on the right track, and if he is right, this would be likely pop up again with someone else. This way Forum and Tech Staff will have a better idea how to address it. 

Well then I will report back if the problem persists (kinda hard to check immediately as it only happened s o m e t i m e s)

Suppose small stuff like this always happens with version changes. I have no backend experperience with this version but I can only hope it resolves some of the... issues, that sometimes arise with older versions of IPB

For now though, I believe that is all!

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Miss_SpaceNinja said:

Well then I will report back if the problem persists (kinda hard to check immediately as it only happened s o m e t i m e s)

Suppose small stuff like this always happens with version changes. I have no backend experperience with this version but I can only hope it resolves some of the... issues, that sometimes arise with older versions of IPB

For now though, I believe that is all!

I am a Tech Staff person, and this is really one of my first experiences with working on IPB in and out. I come from mostly a Linux and Windows OS background, with some coding. It's definitely... interesting. :D

I think it's mostly an IPB4 thing, since IPB4 seems to have some major code changes compared to IPB3, which was out for a long while, so everyone was used to it, and things changed from the time the first version of IPB3 came out to now. Always gonna be bugs, just gotta eliminate them!

• Brohoof 2