Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Night to remember

Midnightive

Ivy blinked and headed for the door that River was standing by. She wallked through it and looked at the city. She looked back at the friends she then blinked as she saw a pony fall out of the ceiling. She looked around for that curly hair mare. "Now where would she of got to!"

River smiled at the newcomer.

"About time you caught up, sweetie."

She looked at Ivy.

"The Doctor needs us right now, but he isn't stupid. He'll have hidden in the deepest part of his guilt, so that we'll have to go through all of his fears before reaching him."

She looked around.

"We're quite deep already, actually. This is where I died."

Ivy blinked and looked at River "Oh... i see"

She looked at River "Do you know how you died?" She looked around the city.

She then relised how old the doctor must be... every fear before we reach him...

She then paused "we're not in a city are we?"

River smiled.

"You're right, it's not. It's a library."

She looked at the artificial moon.

"I died saving the Doctor, like so many others. What he doesn't realize is that I don't regret it."

She looked at Prince, then behind him.

As night fell, shadows were creeping up the bridge. But something was off. They moved to fast.

Then, a voice from behind her. A voice she knew all too well. A voice she'll remember forever, and that she hoped she never heard again. And the voice said,

"Hey! Who turned off the lights?"

Ivy went over to prince and kissed him. "it will be ok... we where never at this point in time so we should be ok... Right" she looked over at the pony. She smiled "OH... i never caught your name what was it?" She looked closer at the shadows and where that voice was coming from... "What is that?"

A spacepony was limping towards them, monotonously repeating the same phrase over and over "Hey! Who turned off the lights?" as shadows extended from it's body. But the most terrifying thing was it's face: It didn't have one.

Only a skull

River shouted.

"RUN!!"

And galloped into the door, looking for a source of light.

River ran into a circular hall, and when everypony was in, she closed the door, using her screwdriver to lock it even tighter.

She then pointed it at the overhead lamp to give it more power, and waved it at all the sorrounding shadows.

"Everypony, stay in the light!"

Ivy stood there spoken up, she looked at everypony and all she saw was that skull. She looked to see if she was in the light. She made the connection "There’s something wrong with the shadows isn't there..." She looked up through the sun room. "The moon is just rising and the shadows are like its night"

River smiled.

"You're a sharp one, Sweetie. I can see why he picked you."

She took a piece of chicken from the table.

"Look, some carnivorous alien left their luch here."

She threw it at the shadows, and the moment it touched them, it was picked clean.

"Probably because it BECAME lunch."

Ivy paused and looked at the chicken leg.

"Thats just gone... All of it gone..." She paused and looked at River.

She then looked at the shadows "So how do we get out of here?"

Prince signed "It takes this much for her to notice me?" he whispered. He turned around to see the light receding and the shadows closing. "Eep!" he squeed as he quickly butt crawled for a sec then when was far enough got up and trotted toward his allies. "Never thread alone is right" he said to himself.

River thought for a bit, before coming up with an answer.

"If this is all a dream, I guess the best way would be to end it."

She pressed a button, and the center of the room opened, revealing a gravity elevator.

"Well, I guess my time is up."

She jumped in, and promped every pony else to do so.

When they arrived at the core, River walked up to a console, and strapped herself to it, her eyes full of tears.

"Tell... Tell the Doctor I still love him, no matter what..."

She pulled the lever, and dissapeared in a flash of light.

The group woke up in another black room, a small door on the other side, and another blonde pony waiting for them. Her coat was pink, and she seemed to have been waiting a long time.

"Hello. I'm Rose."