Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you want and expect

BronyHekapooFan

I expect cringe-worthy brony pandering

I want subdued, epic world building and awesome new locals to be explored by the Mane6. I also want the new characters to not be totally insufferable, but my expectations tell me otherwise -.-

• Brohoof 2

Could you perhaps specify in more detail on the post? I'm not trying to discipline you, as I don't have THAT specific power really (I'm just a regular staff member, not a moderator), but it's usually nice if you give more detail. Just a suggestion. ;)

My expectations? Just that the movie is good, and has a good story I guess. The animation is important of course, which has never failed to impress on MLP and I'm not even worried about in the movie, though I guess that the story doesn't sound rushed, plotholed or edited from the main story. I don't really like it when movies do that, nor do many people.

• Brohoof 2

Quality animation, perhaps a catchy song or two, about a dozen overt nods to moments in the series, and a pretty typical A to B plot, and a few smile worthy jokes here and there. 

• Brohoof 4

18 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

I expect cringe-worthy brony pandering

Since their focus is on a wide release with a broad audience in mind, these will likely be very subtle. Nothing close to Slice of Life or StFF. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Since their focus is on a wide release with a broad audience in mind, these will likely be very subtle. Nothing close to Slice of Life or StFF. 

^I'll be perfectly honest, I found the pandering in Slice of Life to be some of the best-written fan pandering I have ever seen in any cartoon ever lol. 

I just don't want the show to be throwing out references constantly or attempting to make meme-worthy one-liners that the fandom will go gaga over -.- (This was one of the reasons I found Season 2 to (overall) be such a disappointment.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I just want it to be good.

I expect it to be pretty mediocre, due to EQG being that way (of course I have only seen the first one...)

Edited by Nerdy Luigi
Clarification.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Nerdy Luigi said:

I expect it to be pretty mediocre, due to EQG being that way (of course I haven't seen but the first so...)

^Are you saying you haven't seen any other EQG movies besides the first one? Rainbow Rocks & Friendship Games were freakin amazing imo

1488404293796.png

Edited by K.Rool Addict
  • Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

^Are you saying you haven't seen any other EQG movies besides the first one? Rainbow Rocks & Friendship Games were freakin amazing imo

1488404293796.png

That's what I hear, but something in me is not so sure, and I didn't end up watching it because I got too afraid that it was going to be mediocre like the first. Also the dip in the graph is in the wrong spot... Season 2 was really good, it was Season 3 that was garbage in comparison (My opinion).

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Nerdy Luigi said:

That's what I hear, but something in me is not so sure, and I didn't end up watching it because I got too afraid that it was going to be mediocre like the first. Also the dip in the graph is in the wrong spot... Season 2 was really good, it was Season 3 that was garbage in comparison (My opinion).

Yeah, well the chart is entirely my own opinion lol.

I would at least give Rainbow Rocks a try if I were you. I may prefer Friendship Games, but most people tend to think RR is the cream of the crop.

• Brohoof 1

I dont really have anything I want since im...well not invested in the movie as much as others but I can say I expect this movie to not be canon with the show. At least in the sense that their adventure out of Equestria will never be mentioned or characters from the movie appearing in the show. Its not a want but rather expect it to do that since its almost universal with franchises.

Well okay SORTA want to not see Capper, Grubber or anyone else be named, appear or even their large toe seen in frame in the show.

• Brohoof 1

Expect: Fun 100 minute musical with a lot of references and of course a Sia song that will be played on the radio on stop.

Want: That plus the film to take adults seriously to instead of kids, a la Inside Out instead of maybe Storks (which is still a good film but isn't thought provoking like anything Pixar or Laika does).

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Cloggedone said:

Could you perhaps specify in more detail on the post? I'm not trying to discipline you, as I don't have THAT specific power really (I'm just a regular staff member, not a moderator), but it's usually nice if you give more detail. Just a suggestion. ;)

My expectations? Just that the movie is good, and has a good story I guess. The animation is important of course, which has never failed to impress on MLP and I'm not even worried about in the movie, though I guess that the story doesn't sound rushed, plotholed or edited from the main story. I don't really like it when movies do that, nor do many people.

What do you want as in the characters and whats in the movie, including the story and the song by sia

(edited)

I expect it to be more childish than the show, and also to be well written. To have amazing animation. I loved the trailer animation, some fun new characters. 

And probably a villain that lacks any personality. Not expecting a reformed villain.

OH and some great songs

Edited by Firedog
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2017 at 3:19 PM, Cloggedone said:

Well, just what do u expect from the characters-both main and new(good and bad new peeps)-, the story, the effect of the movie in total, and if it will affect the show maybe?  That's pretty much it. Pretty much just what do you expect in general. :mlp-absmile:

I want and expect it to be decently entertaining.

I expect it to last roughly 90 minutes as kids movies usually do.

I would like for it to have some catchy songs I'll sing now and again in the grand tradition of MLP.

I expect it to be a light-hearted, high seas romp.

I don't expect it to be on par with the best animated films of all time, because Disney and Studio Ghibli, Hasbro aint and will never ever be.

Anyone unrealistically expecting it to be on par with  the likes of The Lion King or Spirited Away is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 4

I expect good performances from the new voice actors, great art and animation, great music, likable characters, and a story that makes sense, is easy to follow, is focused, and is decently paced. I want all of that as well as some interesting character development and strong emotional moments.

• Brohoof 1