Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Any other cartoons you enjoyed besides MLP?

Misty Sunrise

Many. I'll focus on cartoons that are still in their run or coming up. 

Steven Universe, Tangled (partial thanks to @Yellow Diamond for these particular addictions) and Voltron are the other three. Looking forward to Duck Tales. 

• Brohoof 1

Any anime of course. I've been a huge anime fan for a decade now. ;) 

Other than that, I'm not sure. I did watch a few of the original series that Netflix put out, but never continued them. I should.

(edited)

Sofia the First is the next best thing in comparison to Friendship is Magic. It is so freakin' similar, it is uncanny. Ruby Gloom is pretty similar as well, but in a little bit more of an "abstract" sense lol.

As for other cartoons I LOVE that are not really similar to MLP:

#1. Steven Universe (10/10 show)

#2. Samurai Jack (havent watched the new season yet)

#3. (the original) Power Puff Girls (First 4 seasons & movie kicked ass) 

#4. Arthur (best kids show ever made)

#5. Teen Titans (no NOT Go lol)

#6 My Life as a Teenage Robot (I WISH this would be remade so badly Q.Q)

Any anime of course.

^Shit almost forgot about anime lol. Well, here's a separate list for my top animu

#1. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 

#2. Death Note

#3. Elfen Lied

#4. Anohana 

#5. Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

#6. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan

Edited by K.Rool Addict
  • Brohoof 5

You know, one of the reasons I started watching MLP was because I watched every episode of Adventure Time and needed something else to watch.

I never got back to watching it ever since, but I guess that counts.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Soul Flare said:

You know, one of the reasons I started watching MLP was because I watched every episode of Adventure Time and needed something else to watch.

I never got back to watching it ever since, but I guess that counts.

Oooh, Adventure Time. My oldest brother loves that show, he watches it with my nieces.

I haven't watched it, however. Well, I did watch that first short that leaked online so many years ago.

Well, theres the Simpsons, Magic School Bus, and Looney Tunes to name a few.

I gave the first episode of Steven Universe a fair shot, but it was a load of crap.

• Brohoof 3

Several actually.

Steven Universe, Avatar the Last Airbender, Transformers Prime, Gravity Falls, The Legend of Korra, and those are just a couple off of the topic of my head.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like Miraculous Ladybug, Tangled: The Series (excluding that abomination 'Tangled: Before Ever After'), Miles From Tomorrowland, Sofia The First, and a few older ones like Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs. I like a lot of TV series spinoffs like Little Mermaid, Lilo & Stitch, Hercules, Monsters vs Aliens and Dragons: Riders of Berk (which changed its name with every season), and love the online series Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse (which will go to TV next fall). I haven't watched The Robber's Daughter from Studio Ghibli yet (exclusively from Amazon), I'm waiting for more episodes before I launch into that, but I expect good things. :grin:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

Many. I don't think I'd be able to list them all here, but some of my favorites are The Powerpuff Girls, Gravity Falls, SpongeBob, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, The Loud House, and Scooby-Doo.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely. Gravity Falls is one of may favorites, and recently I've become addicted to Star vs. the Forces of Evil, to the point where I actually bought the accompanying book just to sate my addiction. Haven't ever seen relationships written better than in that show.

• Brohoof 1

Star Vs. The Forces of Evil is my all time favorite show, if I haven't made that obvious enough already. There's a few other things, but those just fill the void between new episodes of Star.

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Kor said:

Star Vs. The Forces of Evil is my all time favorite show, if I haven't made that obvious enough already. There's a few other things, but those just fill the void between new episodes of Star.

I watched a little bit of that. I did enjoy it pretty well!

Some parts were meh to me, but an overall good one.

1 minute ago, Cloggedone said:

I watched a little bit of that. I did enjoy it pretty well!

Some parts were meh to me, but an overall good one.

It gets better and better as it goes on. Especially in season two, more of the bigger story unfolds and draws you in.

12 minutes ago, Kor said:

It gets better and better as it goes on. Especially in season two, more of the bigger story unfolds and draws you in.

I can definitely confirm that Star vs TFOE gets WAY better in season 2. I haven't watched all that much (maybe around 15 episodes total) but the delineation in quality is clear as day).

Although, I don't think even season 2 has managed to trump the best season 1 episode, Mewberty :P <-- That shit was like the tippy-top-tier episodes from My Life as a Teenage Robot,  'cept with MUCH better animation =^-^=

In no particular order:

1. Alvin and the Chipmunks - I was obsessed with this cartoon for years

2. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - just recently discovered this one; it's delightfully cynical and twisted

3. Family Guy - yes, the humor is very lowbrow, but I enjoy it anyway

4. Star Wars: The Clone Wars - excellent show; too bad it ended after six seasons

5. Ruby Gloom - a very sweet, simple cartoon; good to watch when you're depressed 

6. Buzz Lightyear of Star Command - a very underrated show

7. The Simpsons - obviously

8. American Dad - a bit classier than Family Guy

9. Animaniacs - one of the funniest cartoons ever produced

10. Tiny Toon Adventures - not as good as Animaniacs, but still enjoyable 

11. What's New, Scooby-Doo? - easily the best installment of the Scooby-Doo franchise 

12. Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers - pretty good, but a bit too cheesy

13. The Goof Troop - same as above

• Brohoof 3

I used to watch a lot of Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, Scooby Doo, Titeuf Kid Paddle. an dof course Sponge Bob !!!
Now it's more American Dad, Family Guy, Futurama, Shouth Park, Adventures Times, Regular Show and Rick and Morty are also pretty cool !
But it's not really caartoon to me, it's more like "adult animated serie" or something like that...

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Kor said:

I've never been as anxious for a show to continue as I am for Star right now. Good thing MLP is about to begin again so I have some distraction.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Why does that have a question mark? I absolutely love cartoons. I watched a good 20-30 of them as a kid
(of course I'm only 19 years old right now. But I mean like before I was a teenager). I really liked most of them!

Among my favorites:

• The Simpsons ( Got worse over time, but during it's heyday, it was a masterpiece! )
  • Invader Zim ( I remember this as a kid. Disturbing, but entertaining and REALLY GOOD. The new movie though! :wub: )
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic ( Of course I have to mention it! Other than a few episodes, really good. Maybe even the best! )
  • Star VS the Forces of Evil ( Watched the whole series recently, and I absolutely loved it! Can't wait for Season 3! )
  • SpongeBob ( FIRST THREE SEASONS. Though I saw one actually good season 9 episode recently! ) 
  • Adventure Time ( At one time, I would have watched this any time it was on TV! Though not anymore, I have no TV :( )
  • Gravity Falls ( I wasn't able to find a good few of the episodes after S2E7, unfortunately... )
  • We Bare Bears ( I swear, every character in this show is relatable in some way. Most particularly Panda. )
  • Steven Universe (What can I say? Season 1A was freaking terrible, but 1B and 2 so far seem to be extremely good).
Edited by Barik the Luigineer
Adding Steven Universe.
  • Brohoof 3