Do you live in harmony?

Little Snowdrop

11 hours ago, Little Snowdrop said:

1. ...generous?

2. ...kind?

3. ...loyal?

4. ...funny?

5. ...honest?

6. ...improving your relationship to your friends?

This question makes me uncomfortable. I don't like considering what I do to be something I can or should later list. I will say that in the last year I have failed at all of them, and succeeded at all of them. I like to look at the last one as "Improving my friends lives through 1-5" and if that builds on my relationships then bonus. A few of the things I have done in the last week that others may qualify as loyal, kind, generous, and honest are personal and I could not repeat them in public, I have a tendency to be punny and silly so I would guess that based on the rule of averages at least one instance of that recently was funny. Now I doubt myself, and with doubt comes me eating cheesecake. Sometimes doubt isn't that bad. It's quite tasty actually.

*This non-answer answer was brought to you by the Foundation of Jeric a subsidiary of National Association for Nebulous Answers (NANA). 

That's tricky to think of, but I'll give it a go.

Generosity: I bought a bed frame for my brother so he wouldn't have to sleep on a flat mattress at his business.

Kind: I helped to cheer up a new girl at work (which is part of my job anyway, so it doesn't really count).

Loyal: I stayed at home with my roommate when she was depressed, rather than going out to shop. (Kind of a no-brainer there anyway).

Funny: I traded all of my grim office wear for the brightest, most outrageous pastel dresses I could find (so I could be more accessible to the others in my department) and yeah, they look funny compared to everyone else. Trust me, if you saw them, you'd laugh. 

Honest: I had to offer some criticism to my noisy neighbor, but it was all very friendly so we were cool. 

Improving my relationship with my friends: Umm, I went on a date, does that count? 

• Brohoof 3

I would say generosity, I gave up my time to help with a friend with her school election.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2017 at 8:18 AM, Little Snowdrop said:

What was the last thing you did that was...

1. ...generous? Gave a homeless dude a dollar.

2. ...kind? Didn't rip the heads off three customers at work.

3. ...loyal? Offered support to my best friend when he needed it,

4. ...funny? I got bored at work so I stuck 7 clothes pins to a fellow coworker without him noticing.

5. ...honest? Told the guy at the DMV that he worked in the societal equivalent of purgatory.

6. ...improving your relationship to your friends? Define improve?

• Brohoof 1

I've tried my hardest to keep to being honest and kind at least and I have been generous with my time. Sometimes I feel like I don't get e joke myself and I don't know if I'm funny at all. I like to do anything that will benefit my friends. I like to embody most of the elements most of the time.

I try to be kind and it works most of the time.

If I'm having a bad day, I try to stay away from people I'm not very close to, because I'll probably end up yelling at them ;-;

1. ...generous?
Last time was about 2014, ever since I no longer do colleg assignments to lazy plot people.

2. ...kind?
Same as above, I used to be very polite.Please? Thanks! Could You? You Should... but this is a leech magnet.

3. ...loyal?
Current day, I'm keeping with my decision about loungers

4. ...funny?
thumb.jpg.a60e27e81b7a8faec3a3518d0fc171af.jpg

5. ...honest?
Few weeks ago, when I had to be honest about whom contributed to the conclusion of an academic presentation.

6. ...improving your relationship to your friends?
Friends? Wasn't it a thing invented for the show like, magic and alicorns?

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...
On 2017-04-18 at 10:46 AM, TBD said:

I would say generosity, I gave up my time to help with a friend with her school election.  

I was probably drunk or something because I sure don’t even remember that.….

Anyways,

1. Generous- it’s more like “I don’t care enough because it doesn’t benefit me, so you can have it.” Otherwise, I don’t come cheap.

2. kind-“We don't have to smile
We don't have to make friends
It's so nice to meet you
Let's never meet again
We don't have to talk
We don't have to dance
We don't have to dance“

3. loyal- Well, there's no one left around
And you're the last gang in town
And your heart can't even break
When it doesn't even pound in.”

4. funny- was I actually being funny?

5. honest- maybe you should write a script next time. 

6. improving your relationship to your friends- after going through that list, what friends?

• 2 weeks later...

Eh... we gave money to a person who needed surgery. We helped someone who didn't have money to eat. We donated some bags of clothing and footwear to church. And we participated in a charity dinner for homeless people. But my uncle froze under the stress, fell and broke his finger. And he doesn't want to get it fixed now. Then my mother blamed me for everything.

I don't live in harmony. This is the reason I suggested some of these ideas.

3 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Hopefully neighbors can soon return harmony:worry:  

They only care about their own selves. No harmony when not caring for others :worry: