Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

the girls and ponies are not the same

Weak Freak

hey, just something I take up here (and which maybe alot of you dislike to take up) but this is just my thoughts.

if you disagree or got your own point of view, I would like to hear that :3 also, sorry for my poor english writing, this ain´t my native language.

ofcourse the EG (Equestria Girls) is different from the MLP show in most ways, with school and humans and all. I know these movies were made to cash in and go in the direction with Monster High and all that to sell toys. but hear me out.

my point is: the EG was never about Twilight Sparkle, but about Sunset Shimmer.

I bet alot of people has taken this up already, but as equal Twilight and Sunset were important roles in the first movie, I could only focus at Sunset from the second movie and up. and it made me question about the first movie, where we can see that Sunset´s actually has a great character work to her.

we hear her backstory with obvious motives to power, but even as bad as we feel the movie ended with her instantly regretting her action, it actually shows that she never had intentions to take over the pony world but rather about her being accepted for her hard work to rise up. but when she wasn't appreciated to what she worked for desperately, without thinking about how others may feel or think, she felt like she had to force her ideals to ponies (and people).

we still haven´t heard about her true motives, and I hope we do get an answer to this in the coming movie of EG.

and now I´m going to bed because I´m sleepy and got a last day of work tomorrow before my spring break starts =w= *flops to bed*

-Weak Freak

Part of this is reminiscent of the Star Wars argument on who the Saga was about. Lucas says the whole thing is Vader's story, but with the inclusion of new sequels furthering the Skywalker legacy, it is hard to completely agree. Similarly, I see the same difficulty in the EG girls films. You can't exactly say that Equestria Girls is Princess Twilight's series as she didn't appear in Everfree. That said, you also have to be careful suggesting that the series is driven by Sunset as a lead protagonist. I think that misses the themes of the third and fourth films. Once Sci-Twi entered the mix, you created this thematic duality in Friendship Games, and I would posit that the film was about both of them as deuteragonists. Everfree was equally about Sunset trying to solve the mystery and Sc-Twi trying to cope with the events of the prior film. The fact that the later story was more effectively presented than the former can make for a convincing argument that Everfree was Sci-Twi's film. 

Taken the entire story together, it is almost impossible to say that it is about a character, but a journey of several characters. At least that is how I look at the overarching narrative and theme. 

• Brohoof 1

That's why I think it would be pretty cool to see the rest of the mane 6 crossover into the human world and meet their counterparts and see how they interact with one another.  Even if it is pretty unlikely that something like that would happen.