Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Nintendo Switch game are you most excited for?

Sovereign Leader Rarity

Okay, this is a pretty self-explanatory Topic. The Nintendo Switch is here, and as a truly captivating library of games scheduled for release this year. The question that I am wanting to ask you is which Switch title are you most looking forward to playing in the future. The only rule of the topic is that it has to be a game that has been confirmed to a release, so no Pikmin 4 or anything along those same lines. Over then that, everything is fair game.

Personally I'm most looking forward to Splatoon 2. As a huge fan and player of the original, mainly just because of how damn fun it is, I am highly excited for both the imminent release of the game itself during the summer, as well as the Nintendo direct on the game taking place today. I'm also extremely looking forward to Super Mario Odyssey. That game just looks fantastic.

H2x1_NSwitch_Splatoon2.jpg

I'm looking forward to Splatoon 2 and another Animal Crossing (I hope they make one!).

I've heard rumors that there will be Stardew Valley with multiplayer on the switch.

^Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Another game I'd really like to see is a Xenoblade CHRONICLES X-2. I was never much a fan of the original Xenoblade (which Xenoblade 2 is obviously meant to call back to).

I also vaguely remember something about Monolith Soft planning a new Xenoblade game that is a departure from both Xenoblade and X. Supposedly it was gonna take place in a "Wild West" setting or something (think Wild Arms/ Red Dead Redemption) Would be so cool to run around shooting things with anime girls in a Wild West themed game xD

Super Mario Odyssey is a game that I'm looking forward to as it appears to be on track to become the successor to Super Mario Galaxy. While it's disappointing to know that it won't be coming out until the end of the year, that gives Nintendo enough time to make it an experience no one will ever soon forget. And on the subject of Splatoon 2... I never played the original because I didn't think much of it but after seeing a couple of Let's Plays of the game combined with the footage from the sequel, I am strongly considering getting my hands on it.

• Brohoof 1

Mario Odyssey is literally the only game that exists on the Switch I care about. Not enough to buy a console for but we'll see how the system looks five or six years down the line.

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Discordian said:

Mario Odyssey is literally the only game that exists on the Switch I care about. Not enough to buy a console for but we'll see how the system looks five or six years down the line.

That's one of the reasons I see no reason to buy the system atm. Even by the end of the year, the only two games worth buying for me would be Zelda BoTW and Odyssey. I might as well just wait a few years for interesting games to release; by that time, Nintendo will probably already be marketing a "new & improved" Switch iteration without all the horrendous manufacturing issues the launch edition has :o  (Here's hoping for a price drop too) ~

1 hour ago, K.Rool Addict said:

That's one of the reasons I see no reason to buy the system atm. Even by the end of the year, the only two games worth buying for me would be Zelda BoTW and Odyssey. I might as well just wait a few years for interesting games to release; by that time, Nintendo will probably already be marketing a "new & improved" Switch iteration without all the horrendous manufacturing issues the launch edition has :o  (Here's hoping for a price drop too) ~

I already have a Wii-U for Breath of the Wild so even that's not a contender for me.

• Brohoof 1

Super Mario Odyssey is far and above the rest. The 3D Mario series was really going down a very stale path, with all games looking the same and having the same linear-level style. Considering how popular the Galaxy series was Nintendo didn't even have to think twice about continuing down that road, but thankfully they did. Super Mario Odyssey breaks free from the staleness in so many ways. It's very nice.

Otherwise I can only really think of Fire Emblem Warriors. I'm an oddball who would probably have more fun with that than the actual Fire Emblem series games. Mostly because I like the aesthetics of Fire Emblem but I'm not really into the gameplay style. Warriors is much closer to my style. lol

• Brohoof 2

Super Mario Odyssey grabbed my attention. When I was seeing the trailers for the original game, I didn't buy into the Zelda hype and most of the other releases looked kind of weak. When I saw the Mario trailer though, I knew I was going to inevitably get a switch to play it when it came out.

I'm also interested in Octopath Traveler. While they haven't revealed much, I already love the art style and I'd like to learn more about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to get Splatoon 2 and probably ARMS but the game I'm looking forward to the most is Super Mario Odyssey, it just looks so fun and it's a return to the format of Super Mario 64 which is good too.

I like the 3D Mario games, so Odyssey is my top pick right now.

There's also a Square Enix RPG called Project Octopath Traveler that I'd like to know more about.

I guess Super Mario Odyssey won't be on Wii U, so I'll eventually have to get a Nintendo Switch for that and whatever else is good on it because I like Mario games a lot and hope to enjoy this new one. Currently, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is rather enticing, if only for the expanded Battle Mode, the ability to carry two items, and handheld play. I already have it on Wii U, but that Battle Mode would go over quite well at parties. 

I'm really excited for Super Mario Odyssey. Ever since I saw the trailer for the game, I've been psyched for when it will be available for purchase. That and No More Heroes 3. I played both the first No More Heroes and it's sequel on Nintendo Wii. They were both pretty awesome and games that I enjoyed playing. Hearing that a new title is in development for the Switch, I'm excited and looking forward to playing the new sequel, as well.

• Brohoof 1

Already reserved my copy of Super Mario Odyssey! 

Now that we have a portable console with the capability of being played like a home console, now is a good time to release Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch! I hope they have plans for making one!

Personally, I never like the Animal Crossing games when they were released on home consoles like the Gamecube or Wii, due to the fact they can't easily be carried around. As a result, it was so easily to miss several time periods where I could catch certain bugs and fishes! So when an Animal Crossing game was announced for Wii U, I didn't care; so when it turned out to a boring party game called amiibo Festival, there were no tears of disappointing rage from me. Animal Crossing New Leaf for the Nintendo 3DS was the only real Animal Crossing game in my book.

• Brohoof 1

Fire Emblem Warriors!

I loved hyrule warriors and now its the same concept with my favorite series of games ever FIRE EMBLEM!

(well that and Breath of wild but that's on Wii u which I own)

Mario Odyssey is the only announced game that gives me any hype as it looks to be shaping up nicely as one of the best games in the franchise, but it simply isn't enough for me to buy the system. I need to see some improvements first and some other games, like Animal Crossing and a damn Wario game. Wario Ware Inc screams to be on this system.