Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Fhaolan

And I say again: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

What? A new Batpony has joined staff here at MLPForums, and I wanted to greet her in their native language. ;)

(Remind me to show you my lone published MLP story, Miss Reaper, it’s all about my interpretation of batpones.)

In any case, @Miss Reaper will be joining us over at RolePlay World as a Sectional. Good luck to her!

• Brohoof 18

I now have an excuse to pull this out. 

7732230c5408d8688caa71138ed392ca.jpg

Batponies are Fabulous! 

@Miss Reaper, congratulations. I normally make this a goofy joke post or a smarmy sentimental post, but seeing as I have been in the presence of wise old Jedi types all day, I will impart some wisdom - in list form. 

1. Always try and enjoy yourself. Whatever it was that brought you to this site, and motivated you to join, keep it in you mind as you go about your day to day activities of staff work. 

2. Make new friends. The MLPF team is a core group of diverse people. Learn from them. Let your hair down and get to know the ones you don't know well already. 

3. Find your person. We all have at least one. We can have many many close friends. You will no doubt have some already. Your 'person' is that one person that you know you can lean on for questions and support. They will be your keystone. They will help carry you when you need it. You will carry them in turn. Find this individual(s).

4. Don't burn out while trying to impress the others. We all fall into this trap a little. Longevity comes with not trying to do everything all at once. 

5. Remember, you are allowed to make mistakes. Don't be afraid to admit them to yourself and others. 

6. Communicate. If you don't know it yet, the seasoned vets, and the Adminstration are people you can trust. Go to them when you had questions or concerns about anything. Seek their guidance. These are decent people who want you to succeed and have fun. Trust them. 

7. Yell at PathfinderCS every once in a while about seeing more movies. I'm not allowed to anymore. 

8. It's ok to step away and take a break. Especially when you feel stressed. Take a break when you need it. 

9. Rule #1 is the most important rule. 

Do that stuff and you'll be fine. Welcome to the Wonderbolts. /)

/Jedi 

• Brohoof 10

As another relatively new staff member (currently since December, though in different ways and sections), I'll say welcome to the staff - you'll love working on such a great site! Everyone here is very understanding and relaxed, while sure to get things done at the same time in my experience, which I'm sure it's true much of the time. I would highly take the tips @Jeric gave, and I will give this one too (though I think it's covered somewhat in his post):

If you feel burned out or stressed out, and need a little time to de-stress, let a higher-up know - they will understand and work with you.

If you need a techpone staff to be friends with, come talk with me - we'll be good friends! Welcome to the crew.

• Brohoof 2

Another bat pony joining the staff? :blink: This must be wonderland! Well, role-play area sure is one :orly:

I hope there will be enough mangoes :D

Yeah, but congrats! Good luck with, well, moderating twilighthappy.png

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 0:28 AM, DayShadow said:

full.png 

bat ponies <3.......

You're making me die again with that picture and that drunk snout of yours. Thank.

Edited by FizzyGreen
  • Brohoof 1

Sorry for being so late for this, but welcome to the team @Miss Reaper! I know for sure you will be an excellent member of these RP squad. It may be slow, but it's a good group overall. :)

• Brohoof 2