Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is this movie really such a big deal?

ggg-2

On 4/23/2017 at 0:34 PM, Panzy said:

It depends on who you ask. Some people think it's gonna be the movie that makes bronies relevant again, some people think it's just gonna be one of those movies that you watch when you're bored.

Im looking at it as a film for the hardcore fans and the casual bronys when they are bored.

I've said it before and still think its a bit late in the game to make a legit full length movie that we were expecting. I mean 7 years after its release is a pretty dang good amount of time after after what seems like alot of the original fans leaving for other fandoms. Cant blame them. You can only take the same show formula, cons, fandom drama and cringe before you seek greener pastures.

If it can make Equestria great again I would be all for that. I dont necessarily predict it but would still be up for it.

1 hour ago, SONICchaos said:

Im looking at it as a film for the hardcore fans and the casual bronys when they are bored.

I've said it before and still think its a bit late in the game to make a legit full length movie that we were expecting. I mean 7 years after its release is a pretty dang good amount of time after after what seems like alot of the original fans leaving for other fandoms. Cant blame them. You can only take the same show formula, cons, fandom drama and cringe before you seek greener pastures.

If it can make Equestria great again I would be all for that. I dont necessarily predict it but would still be up for it.

Literally none of what you said is true. Yeah some left but "a lot" is a hailrious claim that has no backup.

7 hours ago, TheGOAT said:

Literally none of what you said is true. Yeah some left but "a lot" is a hailrious claim that has no backup.

From my perspective it is. Maybe not yours but in my area meetups have gotten significantly smaller, cons have gotten smaller, merch purchases have slumped, no one I know has watched the show since season 5. Hell many of the message boards i've frequented have all but been abandoned.

It may be a different story in your neck of the woods but around here the fandom has moved on and only the hardcore and casuals have stuck around. Coincidence maybe but all the signs i've seen over the past 3 years has told me the fandom imploded as fast as it exploded. I ask where a lot of the artists, musicians, animators and others have went and end up being told "they stopped coming after losing interest".

People tend to cite pony centric media is very limiting and grows stale. I mean think about it. The show has been around for 7 years. Thats the difference between a 16 year old and a 23 year old. I imagine its hard to hold onto the same interest when most people I knew got into the show at 16 to being that old by now.

On 5/9/2017 at 4:57 PM, SONICchaos said:

From my perspective it is. Maybe not yours but in my area meetups have gotten significantly smaller, cons have gotten smaller, merch purchases have slumped, no one I know has watched the show since season 5. Hell many of the message boards i've frequented have all but been abandoned.

It may be a different story in your neck of the woods but around here the fandom has moved on and only the hardcore and casuals have stuck around. Coincidence maybe but all the signs i've seen over the past 3 years has told me the fandom imploded as fast as it exploded. I ask where a lot of the artists, musicians, animators and others have went and end up being told "they stopped coming after losing interest".

People tend to cite pony centric media is very limiting and grows stale. I mean think about it. The show has been around for 7 years. Thats the difference between a 16 year old and a 23 year old. I imagine its hard to hold onto the same interest when most people I knew got into the show at 16 to being that old by now.

You know, we're just a secondary audience. Hasbro's real money will be coming from the young children and their parents. It wouldn't matter if every brony ceased to exist right now, if every kid who ever liked MLP went to go see it (which is a lot, trust me) they'd make back their budget times 2. We're only along for the ride, we aren't the drivers.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Shimmering Sparkler said:

You know, we're just a secondary audience. Hasbro's real money will be coming from the young children and their parents. It wouldn't matter if every brony ceased to exist right now, if every kid who ever liked MLP went to go see it (which is a lot, trust me) they'd make back their budget times 2. We're only along for the ride, we aren't the drivers.

Not to mention the word of mouth it could recieve, especially for being a musical.

On 4/14/2017 at 3:56 PM, ggg-2 said:

Yes, the MLP movie is a theatrical release, but so were all of the Equestria Girls movies.

Yes. This movie will almost singlehandedly determine the future of FIM. if the movie is a success (and by that I mean a REAL success, not just "Made back its budget" but smashing financial well in excess of its budget), it will almost singlehandedly GUARANTEE future FIM movies and almost certainly seasons to go along with it.

If it fails, you can pretty much kiss goodby the idea of EVER getting an MLP movie in the forseeable future (it took almost 30 years to get another true theatrical MLP movie after the first one), and the future seasons will be far dicier in if they'll be renewed or not, depending on having VERY good toy returns: Remember, nothing is guaranteed and the viewership is significantly lower than its ever been. Plenty of shows get rebooted all the time, such as Transformers and TMNT, with toy businesses Relying on reboots being able to sell just as well on character names from reboot to reboot, and Ponies are no different.

(edited)
On 5/9/2017 at 3:52 AM, SONICchaos said:

Yeah...no. That statement is erroneous. The movie is primarily for kids.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
Spelling

7 hours ago, Leave a Whisper said:

The movie is primarily for kids.

19 hours ago, Shimmering Sparkler said:

Indeed.

Tho my statement stemmed from a previous post about "Some people think this will make bronies relevant again or just a movie you watch when bored". So I focusing on that demographic. If we're talking about it from the kids demographic that yeah I would agree.