Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you like to watch new episodes of MLP?

VeroxVitrus

With the season 7 premiere minutes away, how do you like to watch newly released episodes. Through stream, video or TV?

Video is best for me, don't like to watch via stream because a.) I get distracted by the people in the chat or b.) the video might crash on my end. Plus on top of all that the quality can sometimes dip unlike video where unless there is a problem with my connection the video will play smoothly.

• Brohoof 1

I either watch it on a livestream or if I miss that, I will get the episode from Youtube afterwards. I don't have Discovery Family so those are my only options. They work fine though. Getting the episodes afterwards in HD is really nice.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Kivil said:

I watch it live at CMC Clubhouse and then I wait for it to come out on Netflix so I can watch it again :3

Pretty much that, and Youtube/DM for watching it before it comes out on Netflix since that can take ages.

16 hours ago, VeroxVitrus said:

Video is best for me, don't like to watch via stream because a.) I get distracted by the people in the chat

Oh that's how it is for me too, it's sometimes difficult to focus on the episode when there's so much happening in the chat and I see the new messages appearing from the corner of my eye. :wacko: Sometimes I wonder how people can watch an episode and use the chat at the same time. Not to mention I don't have Adblock for some strange reason so I end up feeling irritated by the ads that like to pop up every so often (plus they're loud).

I've usually just waited until the episodes appear on YouTube and then watch them there.

I always wach the epesodes on YouTube as I can watch it privately on my IPod without my parents knowing about it. Plus it's pretty much the only way as our local area Internet ADSL cables only have a maximum combined speed of 4.5 mps and that's too slow for Netflix to work properly. Also in Australia MLP is only on discovery channel. Plus it's a pay TV channel and pay TV in Australia is extremely overpriced so my parents simply don't want to pay $20 a month for one channel. :)    

I watch on Discovery Family, since I get that channel. I also have the app of Discovery Family, which has the latest 2 episodes available without a subscription. 

Netflix these days. I watch the newer episodes on YouTube because season 6 and 7 aren't on Netflix in the UK, and I don't think I have Discovery Family. I'm a bit behind because of that. :D

On 4/15/2017 at 0:56 PM, Kivil said:

I watch it live at CMC Clubhouse and then I wait for it to come out on Netflix so I can watch it again :3

On 4/15/2017 at 9:04 PM, Foxy Socks said:

Pretty much that, and Youtube/DM for watching it before it comes out on Netflix since that can take ages.

Yep, CMC Clubhouse on Eq.TV is my preference. Has been since CotLM. This became a bit of a tradition for me too, though for the season 6 finale @PathfinderCS and I did something a bit more old school. We watched it online syncing the start time with both of us commenting in a discord chat as we watched. That was fun. Not as busy as a fill chatroom, and I still got to enjoy the aspect of seeing it with friends. Also, his reactions at some of the Trixie moments were priceless. 

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Jeric said:

Yep, CMC Clubhouse on Eq.TV is my preference. Has been since CotLM. This became a bit of a tradition for me too, though for the season 6 finale @PathfinderCS and I did something a bit more old school. We watched it online syncing the start time with both of us commenting in a discord chat as we watched. That was fun. Not as busy as a fill chatroom, and I still got to enjoy the aspect of seeing it with friends. Also, his reactions at some of the Trixie moments were priceless. 

Moments like that are indeed priceless, and watching with a friend is quite the experience.

And of course @Jeric, The Great and Powerful Trixie is priceless in and of herself! :P

• Brohoof 1

I try and find a livestream link or I just look for the episode on YouTube later that day. It would be great if Netflix could get the new episodes soon after they air, rather than making you wait half a season. :confused:

since i live in norway, my only choice is to download them from DailyMotion, or the worse thing, torrents (i'll explain).
live streams are too hard on the connection and in most cases it's even slow on the lowest possible quality.
it takes years for netflix to add them here.
iTunes doesn't offer any tv-shows here, at all.
as for the torrent part, it's because it's easier to find subtitles for it, which i unfortunately need because i'm hearing impaired.
make no mistake, i would pay for them if i could.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just wait until the new episodes pop up on a movie/TV show platform, normally it doesn't take long for that to happen after it airs. I don't usually watch it on TV or stream.