2. 2. Did you like "All Bottled Up?"

• No. It should've stayed Bottled Up. >_>
    • Didn't like it.
    • Truly Meh.
    • It was enjoyable.
    • I LOVED IT!!! LET IT ALL OUT!!!

2 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Anyone else feel like the song sucked?

I wouldn't go that far, but it was underwhelming on the first listen.

• Brohoof 3

So after a few months of waiting, season 7 is finally here, and I can finally give my thoughts on the first two episodes.

I thought that they made for a nice start for the season.

I liked how Twilight's struggle as a mentor for Starlight was portrayed, and I was really happy to see Celestia actually get a decent role in an episode for a change.

Both Twilight and Celestia ended up getting some decent character development, heck the latter even ended up getting some pretty memorable lines.  My favorite had to be "I wasn't aware I'm an expression."

For the second episode, I thought it was okay, but Celestial Advice ended up as the stronger episode, although I did enjoy the song, and the meta jokes the show made about the characters singing songs throughout All Bottled Up.

I do find it interesting that this is the first season to premiere without a two parter.

I also thought it was cool how the intro has been upgraded to show the new logo.

That's all I really have to say for now. 

• Brohoof 8

Just now, Kivil said:

I about punched Trixie in the face this episode. God she is terrible.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu, no punch best pone. She just needs to learn proper social manners after being exiled by everyone.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, PathfinderCS said:

It's OK... you can say it sucked. They can't all be good. ^_^

Anyway, First episode was pretty good. LOVED the Celestia laugh and reminiscing. Liked that it was a slice of life piece as well. The second episode not so much... although it was not bad, it was not great either. I liked that they gave Trixie a bigger role and she is learning actual magic, but the episode screamed filler at me so much it actually was kind of painful. And the song.. blah... so horribly out of place, random and underwhelming.

Celestial Advice 8/10

All Bottled Up 6/10

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Well the point of the song was more for the sake of the joke that they were singing the song in the first place, which is probably why it felt more generic for them.  I mean, Starlight set it up earlier when she said, "Knowing them, they'll probably sing a song." XD

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

So after a few months of waiting, season 7 is finally here, and I can finally give my thoughts on the first two episodes.

I thought that they made for a nice start for the season.

I liked how Twilight's struggle as a mentor for Starlight was portrayed, and I was really happy to see Celestia actually get a decent role in an episode for a change.

Both Twilight and Celestia ended up getting some decent character development, heck the latter even ended up getting some pretty memorable lines.  My favorite had to be "I wasn't aware I'm an expression."

For the second episode, I thought it was okay, but Celestial Advice ended up as the stronger episode, although I did enjoy the song, and the meta jokes the show made about the characters singing songs throughout All Bottled Up.

I do find it interesting that this is the first season to premiere without a two parter.

I also thought it was cool how the intro has been upgraded to show the new logo.

That's all I really have to say for now. 

I'm more focused on the fact that in both episodes, the characters' lines of dialog are connecting the transitions between locations together!

Just now, Jeric said:

@PathfinderCS can you add two separate polls for this? I think based on the Equestria.TV comments it may need one for each ep.

AH; forgot about that. Working on it! :)

Me and my friend enjoyed both episodes! Celestal Advice had a prequel moment before the events of the pilot episode and I guess Trixie's part of the crew now.

Still, both episodes had great morals and I'm looking to what episodes are heading our way!

• Brohoof 1

Seems not having a two parter to start the season paid off, for the most part. I found Celestial Advice to be surprisingly wonderful. Got some good backstory, Celestia had plenty of great moments AND development, and it gives us a sorta roadmap for what Starlight will do. I feel it was the better of the two episodes and possibly near perfect. My one big complaint? Discord. Seriously, what is his deal? I know he is a trickster and the master of chaos, but he still comes across as a dick half the time. I did get a chuckle from him severing his own head to get that necklace on though.

All Bottled Up was also good, had a good lesson, had some good moments with the mane 6, and a good resolution. The only thing I find odd is simply the concept of Starlight's anger manifesting as magic. That's...kinda odd. We've never seen anything like that until now so it seems kinda out of the blue. I will say though that despite Starlight's screw-up, I actually sympathized with her on this one because the lesson was good, even in the portrayal was a bit too on the nose. Also, a great quote: "We leaned teamwork, problem solving, when not to sing songs..." Loved that bit.

It seems that even 7 seasons in, the show still has the same magic it has always had and this makes me happy. My excitement for season 7 overall has now gone way up. I am honestly impressed. That same fuzzy feeling of joy that a new episode tends to give me was resurrected once again.

• Brohoof 9

Twilight getting her "autism" back, Spike being Spike, Starlight not being a dissocial Mary Sue, and Based Celestia ... An acceptable end to the unadulterated dog feces haberration of 05-06.

Now that the prospect of balance is in sight the greatest issue once again rears its ugly head, only this time it has regained a practical solution. Let us hope that these glorious writers won't forget their place like the previous batch.

P.S: Griffins are best grave robb ... I mean puzzle solvers. Friendship is for losers.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not going to give my full opinion on each episode right now, because I feel like I have to let them marinate a little. I have a feeling that when all is said and done, I'll be rating All Bottled Up a bit higher. 

• Brohoof 2

Of the two episodes, I would have to say Celestial Advice is my absolute favorite, and not just because best pony got more focus and characterization in twenty minutes than she has in the last three or four seasons combined, and is the closest thing to a Celestia focused episode people have been begging for for years. As I said, it's a nice change of pace to start this season off more light-hearted as opposed to doom and destruction two parters.

I will say that both episodes were downright hilarious and almost made me fall out of my chair laughing at times. Thorax is still the awkwardly adorable changeling we all know and it was nice seeing the changelings starting to adapt. Hope we see more of them in the future. Although, the only one of Twilight's fantasies I didn't much care for was the one with Ember, if only because her characterization of Starlight and Ember were way too cringy. Though seeing Starlight riding Torch was pretty awesome.

As for Bottled Up, kinda smart to turn the phrase "bottling up your anger" literally here, though I'm still flip-flopping between whether Trixie was adorable or annoyign this episode, so I'll just compromise and say she was adorably annoying. Yeah, the song felt a bit out of place, but it was still pretty catchy and enjoyable compared to other last minute musical numbers. I did see them missing the record because of the song from a mile away.

All and all, a pretty good start to Season 7.

• Brohoof 4

No two-parter, I liked all bottled up far more than celestial advice, despite it being a lame predictable analogy or w/e, I enjoyed it. First ep was um, not much really happened tbh, it felt like filler, but I was getting interrupted from fam, so maybe I need to rewatch it, it was basically a Twi being silly episode.

• Brohoof 1

Good morning, bronies! I enjoyed these first two new episodes for today!

Also, the 7th season opening revealed its new Friendship is Magic logo that is plum-purple and white, and the song is revealed at the second episode! :D

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Kivil said:

Ok so this is getting a little bad. I am thinking this all is gonna end this season

Season 8 confirmed and some dialog was recorded already. Reception to the two episodes is generally positive. Toys still turning a profit. I wouldn't worry. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Actually, in both episodes there is something I personally can relate to:

Celestial Advice

Starlight has graduated just like I have just graduated with a degree from college

All Bottled Up!

Bulk Biceps is going to be late for his other job, like I will be if I don't get moving! See ya!

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Lil' Lovebug said:

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu, no punch best pone. She just needs to learn proper social manners after being exiled by everyone.

Ehhhh too late. The face hath been punched