Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic

Discordian

http://www.mane6.com/

This is a freeware indie game that is being made by the developer mane6. They say that even though it will be freeware they are doing anything and everything possible to make it a great game and not half-ass it.

From the info given they really seem to be trying to make a fantastic game.

Anyone else gonna check it out?

It seems it'll have both local and online matches. :D

• Brohoof 5

I think they have a ton of the game's music on Youtube or something. I oughta give it a listen myself and possibly link it here so y'all can hear it too. But I wanna make sure it's official stuff and not something else.

Holy colt! that looks awesome. How the hell did Fluttershy make it into the roster? No matter how much I love her, She wouldn't be the best for a fighter. Flutterbitch on the other hand...

The background 6 should be playable too. We can only hope. I'd also like Trixie, Big Mac and Disc... Oh please let their be Discord. Edited by Someponyelse
  • Brohoof 1

I am ridiculously hyped for this; even my friends (and a couple coworkers) that aren't otherwise into ponies in the least bit are looking forward to giving it a shot.

Mark me down as hoping for a playable Trixie.

Edited by Zoop

Ever since I saw the video footage, I've been waiting for this game. I don't play fighting games much, but this is going to be awesome! Same with the Pony Detective/Interrogation game.

Edited by Kaasha

Been so hyped for this since I saw the original trailer of Applejack vs Applejack. Can't wait for the release. Heck, I'd take just another livestream. Looking forward to seeing Rainbow and Pinkie's movesets.

It certainly looks like a great game. I can not wait till it comes out. I can tell it will soon become one of my favorite games. Maybe it can get steam support. That'd be awesome.

Maybe it can get steam support. That'd be awesome.

No real chance of that happening unfortunately, due its nature as an unofficial creation... though you can always just add it as a Steam shortcut when it does come out.

Edited by Zoop

No real chance of that happening unfortunately, due its nature as an unofficial creation... though you can always just add it as a Steam shortcut when it does come out.

It wouldn't be the first time an unofficial game got steam support.

I don't know. Since it's freeware I don't think it would get a steam release (or support). I know that if it was my project I'd only want people to download it from my site (if it was freeware, I mean).

From what I've heard it's not really Street Fighter-esque. It seems it's more... approachable than that. I'd think that an MLP game would have to be. Making super moves that require an exact combo of 50 button with the control stick tilted in just the right angle don't really lend themselves well to a casual audience. Also, they take forever to program and longer to test.

I'm going to love this launcher so much.

post-5-0-36945600-1318150200_thumb.gif

I also can't wait to see what they have in store for Fluttershy. The devteam is really putting their full effort into this, and it's definitely paying off.

I also can't wait to see what they have in store for Fluttershy. The devteam is really putting their full effort into this, and it's definitely paying off.

Likewise. I'm hoping they'll show off one of her animations on the site before too long.

And yeah, the devs really deserve major kudos for keeping to a high quality of work, both in terms of graphics and the minute engine details that fighters rely on. I don't think it's been linked here yet, but they spoke a bit about their development process and some of the challenges they've ran into with the fm2k engine in an interview they did several days ago over here. Definitely worth a read if you're following the game.

• Brohoof 1

Trixie better be playable, although I bet she'd be a zoner, which is tricky. Maybe I'd play Derpy if she was a joke character.)

And then everypony was thinking of using Trixie.

I can't wait to play this. Naturally as the most unpopular character like the little fighting hipster I am.

Edited by Spider's Claw
  • Brohoof 2