Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic

Discordian

Been watching this one for a while, they've certainly put allot of effort into this game from what i've seen so far. Should look and play brilliantly when it's finally released.

And just think, the Applejack vs Applejack video was an alpha version. Think about how great it's gonna be in beta or even at release. ;D

Also, I almost wanna think Fluttershy will be a Jill Valentine type character where she'll use little creatures for her attacks and specials.

Okay, time for a survey:

We know the mane 6 but who do you think will be in it? Name all other possible 11 or just a couple but let's go with "more likely iyo" rather than "The ones I want to be in it"

I'm betting Spike or Sir Spike, perhaps both since Sir Spike could be a special or something.

Perhaps also: Princess Celestia and Luna/Nightmare Moon, the Diamond Dogs, Big Macintosh or Braeburn, one of the Buffalo herd maybe.

Also, if Derpy does make it in I'm willing to bet she'll have a muffin attack, just because I know Derpy and Muffins go together very well due to some fan thing. (Dunno it's source)

Also, if Derpy does make it in I'm willing to bet she'll have a muffin attack, just because I know Derpy and Muffins go together very well due to some fan thing. (Dunno it's source)

She has had one word of dialogue in the series. It was in "Applebuck Season", when Applejack and Pinkie Pie make the baked bads. It shows a group of ponies, Derpy included, licking their lips over the muffins. One of the ponies says "Muffins." It is believed that that was Derpy speaking.

If Derpy is a character, I want her to have an attack where she drops a piano on the enemys head. Some other characters that I think will be in are: Trixie, Big Mac, Celestia, Luna and/or Nightmare Moon, DJ Pon-3, maybe some Wonderbolts like Spitfire or Soarin, and others.

I'm am also hoping for Lyra.

Characters I would be shocked if they were not in the game: spike, Celestia, Luna, Derpy, Trixie, Big Mac, the CMC (as individuals or as a group)

Characters I think are likely: Octavia, Vinyl Scratch

Characters that I think might make it: Lyra, Bon-Bon

I thought about the group idea actually with the Diamond Dogs but I didn't even think of CMC.

Would you want them in a Captain Commando type of thing where it's one main one (like Applebloom) and the others just come in for attacks, Pokemon Trainer where you switch out between the three by pressing a certain combo or all three of them on-screen the whole time pulling off moves together?

Also, I know I reference Marvel vs Capcom a lot, I've been playing it quite a bit lately. LOL

I thought about the group idea actually with the Diamond Dogs but I didn't even think of CMC.

Would you want them in a Captain Commando type of thing where it's one main one (like Applebloom) and the others just come in for attacks, Pokemon Trainer where you switch out between the three by pressing a certain combo or all three of them on-screen the whole time pulling off moves together?

Also, I know I reference Marvel vs Capcom a lot, I've been playing it quite a bit lately. LOL

Personally I'd like to see the three of them all at once pulling off moves together ala Ice Climbers except preferably they would combo off one another rather than just having all three perform whatever move you press. For example, could have light attack be Sweetie Belle, medium be Applebloom and heavy be Scootaloo and their various specials involve all three attacking either in unison or one after another. But switching out ala Pokemon Trainer would be cool too. Not so big on the Captain Commando type, though.

I've been following this project for a while. I can't wait for it to come out. When it does, I'm gonna play it with my non-brony cousin, even if he doesn't like ponies.

Even though I don't really get into fighting games either, I'm really looking forward to this. It looks amazing, you can really see how much effort the developers are putting in. I just hope it has a single-player mode, since I suck at fighting games and it wouldn't be too much fun getting my ass handed to me every single match.

I just hope it has a single-player mode, since I suck at fighting games and it wouldn't be too much fun getting my ass handed to me every single match.

I think it's safe to bet that it will, though I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to lend a hoof or two toward helping you get a decent handle on the game when it does finally get released.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's safe to bet that it will, though I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to lend a hoof or two toward helping you get a decent handle on the game when it does finally get released.

Didn't they say there would be SP? Or maybe I'm just crazy. I'd think it would be implied even if they haven't said anything about it, but then again AI isn't easy so maybe not.

Didn't they say there would be SP? Or maybe I'm just crazy. I'd think it would be implied even if they haven't said anything about it, but then again AI isn't easy so maybe not.

You're right, I just looked back on a recording of the livestream they did a while back - the option for story mode is right above versus. Derp.

Did they say what kind of fighting system they were using. Like a street fighter system? or what?

Klisk: What games have influenced Fighting is Magic? It looks like a mix of Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Melty Blood, and other “anime” fighters. Would you qualify it as such, or do you feel the game will have more MVC2 elements later in development? Basically, are you aiming for a more “eastern” or “western” marketed fighter? (Ignoring the fact that Capcom is a Japanese developer, naturally.)

Nappy: You hit it right on the nose, there. Our primary influences are definitely games like Blazblue and Melty Blood. We originally wanted to go MvC2 style, and while it’s (barely) possible with this engine, the way it’d have to be done would require such an immense amount of extra busy work (we’d basically have to make each character 17 times, if not more) and a lot of fancy tricks that it’d be crazy.

Prominence: [Nappy] Pretty much said it all. Can’t really add anything more. Please don’t call this a ‘Doujin’ fighter, though. (Not saying this to you, just to anyone who reads this and might be posting about it.)

Jay: That’s a difficult question because there are 2 or 3 people working in the engine, 3 of us animating, and 5 or 6 people offering input on game mechanics. Sometimes our visions align, sometimes they don’t! It does seem to be turning out more like a Japanese or ‘anime’ fighter as you say. It wouldn’t take much to change the feel of the game completely though (make timings more or less lenient, make combos more or less difficult, make supers more or less important to winning, changing the way air combos work). Bear in mind this is our FIRST fighting game ever. Some ideas we have aren’t consciously influenced by any game, even if it turns out we are completely copying some obscure fighter none of us have heard about.

... which is good news for me, being a Melty nut.

Never heard of Melty Blood and haven't played Blazblue yet but I love Guilty Gear. I have XX Accent Core Plus on Wii and I daresay I'm rather good at it. Not pro, but good enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Never heard of Melty Blood

A shame. It's an extremely fast-paced and fairly frantic fighter.

Back on the topic... Mane6 posted an update talking a bit about the magic system they're going to use in the game, has some decent information and a few pictures to go along with.

Awww, that looks fun but it doesn't look like it's in English at all. :(

There are translation patches out for all of the current PC versions of the game, but honestly... there's so little in the way of text that it doesn't really make much difference either way.

Does it have online? Because if it does, I really can't wait to have a forum-wide tournament.

Yeah, Fighting if Magic does have netplay. A tournament could be fun. :3