Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic

Discordian

fat princess comes from a non-disc playstation network game on ps3, I have no idea what it is about but the game got quite popular.

I see...still, for example, the other games I don't know about, Heavenly Sword and MediEvil...just what? But oh well, at least they have two characters I'll use because awesome. Heihachi Mishima and Dante... B) .

• 2 months later...
And I know love Pinkie just that much more all thanks to this video.

---------

Grr, this thing needs to hurry up and come out.

I mean, I don't want them to rush it or anything, but good gar gar I'm tired of waiting. :|

I was actually hoping super uber duber hard that I was going to read that its has been finished. Only to be let down. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

wait, did they added a new super for pinkie? does that means that each character have now 3 supers?

Or maybe just Pinkie cuz she's... well, Pinkie?

I'm ashamed to admit I almost forgot this even existed. I'm excited again, how is this possible...

http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-most-unlikely-fighter-youve-never-heard-of-6402004/

Guys check this out. I know it's an article instead of images or videos (although it IS an article by GAMESPOT of all places, which is very cool), but it also has some interesting things about the creation of the game, and also, some images we probably didn't see before, such as Fluttershy images during a fight new things, and maybe even a new Applejack super. And I know it's new things because if you watch the images, they say "QA Build. 12/21/12A". (You can just enter the article and just watch the images, if you want).

But however, what anyone interested in the game should read, and that by the way, if they have previous experiences with other fighting games would make it better, is the next things. The paragrphs that resume the whole mane 6 fighting style through each character, what character reference would they have, but the important thing, Fluttershy included. Here, I'll post it for anyone interested.

splash_AJ_Alpha_2_09874_640screen.jpg

APPLE JACK

Pony Type: Earth
Weapon of Choice: Lasso
Character Reference: Nathan Spencer (UMVC3)

Apple Jack lives and works at the massive apple orchard Sweet Apple Acres with her extended family. She is a hardworking pony who enjoys the simpler things in life: apple pie, apple crisp, applesauce, apple wafers, and so on. In the game, her tomboyish personality lends her a straightforward fighting style. Apple Jack's main tactic is getting up close and personal with her opponent by using her lasso or a speedy dash. Once she's in close, she can lay down the hurt with her powerful normal attacks.

splash_Twi_Alpha_2_12598_640screen.jpg

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Pony Type: Unicorn
Weapon of Choice: Book
Character Reference: Akuma (SFIV)

The main protagonist of the show, Twilight Sparkle is chief librarian at Golden Oaks Library. She is assisted by her friend Spike, a baby dragon, who helps keep her in correspondence with Princess Celestia, her mentor. As a unicorn, Twilight Sparkle has magical abilities, which manifest as projectiles and traps during a fight. With good special and normal attacks, as well as the ability to teleport, Twilight Sparkle is a very well-rounded fighter.

splash_RD_Alpha_2_75533_640screen.jpg

RAINBOW DASH

Pony Type: Pegasus
Weapon of Choice: Hooves
Character Reference: Magneto (UMVC3)

As a pegasus, Rainbow Dash has the gift of flight and is responsible for maintaining the local weather. The most agile of the six, she uses her wings to lift her upper body off the ground and fights from a boxing stance. Similar to Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash wants to get in close and rush down her opponent. But unlike Apple Jack, she can use flight and a quick (rainbow) dash to close the distance.

splash_Pinkie_Alpha_2_91322_640screen.jp

PINKIE PIE

Pony Type: Earth
Weapon of Choice: Presents
Character Reference: Teddy (P4A)

Far and away the most cheerful of the cast, Pinkie Pie is a baker and professional party-thrower. At the drop of a hat, she can throw together a celebration for almost any occasion. In the game, her spontaneous personality makes her a very unorthodox fighter. Pinkie Pie's arsenal of attacks includes reverse-input charge attacks, multidirectional teleports, and a randomized present cannon. All this makes her difficult to learn, and even more difficult to fight.

splash_Rarity_Alpha_2_50178_640screen.jp

RARITY

Pony Type: Unicorn
Weapon of Choice: Gems
Character Reference: Nu-13 (BlazBlue)

With an air of elegance and an eye for fashion, Rarity is the group's most fabulous pony, as well as a fashion designer. Similar to Twilight Sparkle, Rarity also has magical power, but her fighting style is more indirect. She can assault her opponent with gems that strike from behind or from an upward angle or that rain down from above. With a projectile for every situation, Rarity is an adept keep-away character.

splash_Shy2_Alpha_2_49736_640screen.jpg

FLUTTERSHY

Pony Type: Pegasus
Weapon of Choice: Animals
Character Reference: Eddie (GGX2)

The last thing Fluttershy would ever want is to get in a fight. She is a pegasus, like Rainbow Dash, but she is extremely shy and prefers the companionship of woodland critters over fellow ponies. Appropriately enough, she works as an animal caretaker. In battle, those same critters come to her aid and do much of the fighting for her. Her pet rabbit, Angel, leads the charge and can swing along the hair of her mane for some far-reaching heavy attacks.

Since Fluttershy's strength comes from her animal friends, she has the ability to summon them to the battlefield. Some animals, such as the ferret, will attack on command, while others, such as the porcupine, act as traps to ensnare foes. By working in concert with her woodland allies, Fluttershy can put pressure on her opponent from multiple angles at once. She may be shy, but this pony is still a very versatile fighter.

FiM09_59379_640screen.jpg

Hope you all like this! It's about time we got something imformative with Mane6. :lol:

Edited by Arcanel
  • Brohoof 3

This should not be. A fighting game about ponies? Based in a show that's not even remotely focused on fighting? This should not be, and yet... it is. And it is awesome. It is the best freaking thing ever. It is so damn ridiculous, I don't even... but still, I want to play that game so damn much.

One of the best videogame genres ever combined with the best cartoon to have ever existed. This.... I don't know the words necessary to describe this game in all of it's glory.

Also, I hope after they finish it, they might think about making other genres of games, like racing, and RPG.

GODDAMN I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!

This game is up for a possible spot in EVO 2k13.  It's up against I believe 12 others games including Blazblue and DOA5.  Which game gets the slot depends on which fan community raises the most charitable donations for breast cancer research.

So it's probably a safe bet FiM is gonna win.

• Brohoof 1

This game is up for a possible spot in EVO 2k13.  It's up against I believe 12 others games including Blazblue and DOA5.  Which game gets the slot depends on which fan community raises the most charitable donations for breast cancer research.

So it's probably a safe bet FiM is gonna win.

blazblue and DOA5 are games developed by videogame industries, MLPFiM is a fan made game, just being able to compete with these games is a win already.

Now, us bronies are known for doing TONS and TONS of charity so if this is the way of winning, we have this on our pockets! :D

Now now people, don't forget the important thing is to donate to charity. However, if FiM does make it to EVO, my only hope is that it won't somehow impose on Mane6. I trust them with every single ounce of my heart, but it's still a HUUUUUUGE thing. Right now, my only concern is on seeing the game finished. Even if it means not getting the game to EVO. My best of luck to the dev team. :)

Im not sure if much of ya'll know but there is a server up (thats been up about as long as Trotspot's) called SquirrelNET

SquirrelNET.dyndns.org

I host it, and upkeep with it. I am doing the site work still but the MTSP is running and we do have some traffic.

hope I'm not terribly advertising it or anything  

Dash was playable on the Canterlot Gardens Tournament build, as a FG fan and a Brony I cant wait to play this and if it gets to EVO2k Ill do all in my grasp to commentate on the stream, going ^.^

One word that discribed this for me

Awesome B)

The fighting style reminded me of the Marvel vs Capcom series. I love this fighting game series and can't wait for the release of this game. First character I'm probably going to use is Fluttershy, mainly because she is my favorite. Or maby Pinkie Pie because she is my second favorite.

My only concern is that there is a possibility Hasbro may shut it down before it is finished.

Should this happen I'll be sad :(

BUT just the fact that this concept even came this far is good enough for me. I hope to play it, but if I can't I'll just add it to the list of many games that were never finished like Megaman Legendes 3.

My only concern is that there is a possibility Hasbro may shut it down before it is finished.

Should this happen I'll be sad :(

This thing has been going on for years now and hasbro hasn't said a word. I doubt they'd shut it down, all of the important people in Hasbro are good guys. It's not like Sony.

• 3 weeks later...

AAAAAAAAAAALRIGHT! For those that don't follow the page of Mane6, there has been an update. But, this is a very, very important one that probably most of us have been waiting ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nzGkjAiuE1M

IT'S FLUTTERSHY! :D Yep! You heard it right! Some days ago Mane6 dropped this one in their site. Now, how does our cute yellow pony fight? Well, for one, they say her style is some sort of comparison to Strider Hiryu, due to the hits she can do, and the fact she uses her animals for different types of hits. I don't think it is quite seen yet how she can charge her magic meter however.

Also, the bear in her special (which by the way, it's friggin Hiryu's Legion only less robotic ^_^ ), looks like Hulk doing a Gamma Charge on MvC. B)

And for those interested, here's the video with her theme, which in my opinion, is friggin awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tB-o0Pnj1Tk

And now for something different! I got (unexpectedly) the chance to play Fighting is Magic, with Playstation joysticks. And I have to say, for being the old leak, I REALLY like this mane!... Er... I mean game! :P

First, let's go with Twilight Sparkle. I frankly had a hard time remembering her traps that would have been hella useful, but then again, I barely read for magic. Only to make the super hadoken magic ball. After that, I found out that her j.C is so useful you don't know the end of it, and after that, her specials seem easy to use, in a way. I got the chance to do her Level 3... felt so good and proud. :lol: She's probably going to be my secondary until Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy come.

Then Pinkie Pie was hard for me to handle, to be honest, though I barely used her. I'll probably need some good time before I could even consider myself decent with Pinkie. :(

Applejack was harder than I thought she'd be for me to handle. While the applebucks are useful as all hell, making combos was what I found the hard part in my case. Level 1 is also useful a lot too! And it's somewhat hard to time the rope, but it's about getting used to the distances.

And then Rarity. Oddly enougyh, aside from Pinkie, I thought I'd have a hard time to handle her. Oh how wrong I was. :D She's gonna be my main for sure! (Whch is excellent since she is my fav pony :wub:). Anyway, her gems can be very damaging when you know how to start putting the commands for them at a quick pace. The eruption gem in its upped version is one of the most useful things you'll find. Yus, I love marshmellow poni and her fighting. :D

• Brohoof 3

@@Arcanel, OMG ARCY THANK YOU! I'm fangirling over this right now, it feel like when I was watching Marvel vs Capcom's 3 character reveal trailers.

I have to say that...hmmmm I think I had high expectations for her because I'm not dissappointed but I'm not completely hyped either...I could not see Angel being independent of Fluttershy, I mean, like some sort of projectile. It looked all the time like she was hitting the opponent.

I thought she would be like, Angel doing his thing, while she could another thing to extend the combo, of course not hitting her opponent but she being clumsy or falling to make some attacks, or her normals being all kind of animals and her special moves being other powerful animals.

All the characters have the similar motion for combos. ground, air, ground, air, ground, super. Rainbow Dash is the only one that I've seen that it's quite different, don't get me wrong, all characters are different so far, but they have the same pattern you know what I mean?

But, funny enough, all of her attacks have been featured on episosed which is cool. Something that caugh my attention is that the stare is a special move and not a special, which was a surpirse to me, also that stare is too OP, it works during a combo and also lasts for too long, I consider the stare to be some kind of grab.

Having said this about Fluttershy, I'm still very excited for this game to come out and I'm definitelly going to play it, still hoping for them to fix the teching system.

The finisher on Fluttershy’s “Legion” is also a Cameo from the Juggernaut big crunch super of MVC and MVC2.

I am really wating for this game and face everypony online I love fighting games and taking on you guys will be so fun, maybe we should organize an online tourney with forum players, but lets wait first for the release

I really wanna play this game when it comes out, looks pretty promising :).

Overall seems very well made, and awesome of course.

I think I'll be playing twilight alot, I just get the feeling I will. And maybe Fluttershy because shes my favorite, but idk much about her moveset seeing as I don't think shes been shown much to my knowledge, but I'll have to check.