Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic

Discordian

maybe we should organize an online tourney with forum players

Am I allowed to participate, or should I be the bonus-stage?

I keed, I would take part just like everyone else!

But oh man. I've listened to Fluttershy's theme over 50 times by now I am sure.

While I find it rather weird for a fighting game track, it doesn't change the fact it fits like a glove.

Alas, Fluttershy is likely to become my secondary. None can trump Pinkie from me, considering my current position with her and all... Hehe.

Yes! Finally we get to see some Fluttershy in this awesome game! Can't wait to play this. <3

Her theme is as equally amazing as the other themes (Twilight and AppleJack has the best themes in my opinion). 

I will play AJ, and bring the pain of her BIONIC HOOVES, her hops with hard work as almost instant over heads and that skill just screams KOF all over the game. Also her midi game comes a lot to the reaction and prediction of using her laso and her full bar combos just look so hype and tasty .

I also think she is broken

Okay I need assistant

1) can someone tell me where I can get/play the pre-alpha version of the game. I would really want to try it out.

2) can someone tell me how to make my Xbox controller work on my PC. It's a wireless controller. Do I need to buy an adapter, a USB plug, what.

Thank you for your help. :)

If you want the broken two-year-old mess that is technically a version of the game, then you should be able to Google it.

Using a wireless Xbox controller would require a USB adapter, though I'm not actually sure one exists, but it may be cheaper to just buy a wired one instead.

If you want the broken two-year-old mess that is technically a version of the game, then you should be able to Google it.

Using a wireless Xbox controller would require a USB adapter, though I'm not actually sure one exists, but it may be cheaper to just buy a wired one instead.

Thanks. :)

The broken version I may play just to get a feel of the gaming mechanics so when it comes out.

I know a wired controller works, but I didn't want to buy one because I already have two controllers and don't need another one. But if there is no other way, I may buy one.

2) can someone tell me how to make my Xbox controller work on my PC. It's a wireless controller. Do I need to buy an adapter, a USB plug, what.

I dont want to sound like a complete crazy fanboy (thing that I am) but I would totally recommend you to buy a PS2 controller and adapter for it. The Xbox controller is not very good when talking about fighting games you have to take in count that analog sticks were not part of the videogame world when this games were hot and fighting games were designed to be played by Arcade Sticks and Directional Pads.

The PS controller has independent directional pad buttons that makes it the most precise control to play fighting games in a gamepad. Still if you are used to play games like Street Fighter VI on Xbox then this is a total usless information, but if you are not into this genre Inputs could prove to be difficult to achieve on the analog stick.

• Brohoof 1

I know a wired controller works, but I didn't want to buy one because I already have two controllers and don't need another one. But if there is no other way, I may buy one.

There is a wireless usb adapter that can connect up to 4 wireless 360 controllers to your computer. That's what I have. They run about $15 and come in white or black.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Xbox-360/dp/B003WFYZCY/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1359837649&sr=1-3&keywords=xbox+360+wireless+gaming+receiver

If you're a fighting game fanatic, then I would listen to people like Colt. Otherwise a 360 controller is just fine. That's what I will be using. I play for fun, so I don't really care. Plus I often use the analog stick anyway when playing fighting games. Which isn't often.

Anyway, I can't wait for the final release for this game. It is looking really good and I can't wait to play it!

Edited by Mr. Dash
  • Brohoof 1

this honestly looks to be really awesome (this coming from someone who doesn't NORMALLY play fighting games like this)

I'm finding Fluttershy's fighting style to be quite adorable yet still pretty cool and Pinkie Pie's to be absolutely awesome :D

question though: have we seen any clips of Rainbow Dash's fighting style?

can someone tell me where I can get/play the pre-alpha version of the game. I would really want to try it out.

Were you able to find one via google?

If not, I gots the game in my dropbox that I had just put there for a friend.

There is a wireless usb adapter that can connect up to 4 wireless 360 controllers to your computer. That's what I have. They run about $15 and come in white or black.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Xbox-360/dp/B003WFYZCY/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1359837649&sr=1-3&keywords=xbox+360+wireless+gaming+receiver

Huh, I was very unaware that those existed. I'll have to get one so I can use my newer Xbox controller on it. The one that has the turnable D-pad.

this honestly looks to be really awesome (this coming from someone who doesn't NORMALLY play fighting games like this)

I'm finding Fluttershy's fighting style to be quite adorable yet still pretty cool and Pinkie Pie's to be absolutely awesome :D

Yes, we have. I'll go find a couple of links of her on YouTube. Not a video of her officially from Mane6, but still gameplay of her.

There ya go. Rainbow Dash in all of her speedy-Magneto-ness.

• Brohoof 2

Yes here is a link 

She is a rush down char, that goes fine with RD, she can air dash and go for good mixups, (trying to break your guard mixing low with high attacks) she also has a good zoning move with her thunder cloud. 

here is what rushdown is on the FG world 

http://www.giantbomb.com/rushdown/92-5767/

• Brohoof 1

Why is there alot of japanese text throughout some parts of the game?  Is it that the engine was created by japanese devs or something like that?

it's just a style kind of thing; kind of the same reason why there was tons of English thrown into an obviously Japanese fighting game such as Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

The engine was created by some Japanese developers, but uh that's not the reason why there's all sorts of Japanese everywhere.

By the way if anyone wants to give that leaked copy a go with me I'd be totally willing to beat you up with my Pinkie Pie skills.

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

By the way if anyone wants to give that leaked copy a go with me I'd be totally willing to beat you up with my Pinkie Pie skills.

Are you still able to play on that online? Last time I tried doing what we did a few pages back with MTSP and whatnot kept saying the server connection failed or something

If you gots a way, I'll play withcha.

It shall be a fun party match filled with Pinkieness!

MTSP is in 1.97 version currently, I suggest trying with that.

About the japanese text? Devs added them for fun for 1 character, and then thought "hey, let's add it for the others too." Otherwise it would look out of place.

Pinkie mirror is best mirror.

MTSP is in 1.97 version currently, I suggest trying with that.

Huh, I was very much unaware of this. Guess I'll go google that up real fast and see how that works. Thanks for pointing that out.

So I was bumbling around on YouTube and just so happened to stumble across this AI bot for the FiM leak.

Its still in its alpha stages and doesn't give much of a challenge (if one at all that is), but its slightly better than just hitting a standing opponent should you not be able to get online for live practice.

Link is in his description.

For it to work, Open the leak, set the movement controls to IJKL, open the bot program and let it recognize the active game and then select it from the drop down window, go back to the game, select your character and then hit F1. It will pick a character and (attempt to) fight. When you're done, you have to hit F1 again before closing the leak or it will literally freak the buck out and spam you with error messages that will probably need Task Manager to stop.

Do not hit F2 as that doesn't work just yet and will crash it or something.

Endurance mode does work. It goes through a ton of fights until you lose and you don't gain health back. How to stop it mid-game should you want to, I've got nothing on that one.

Apparently it is in there as I just got it to go while I was at the character select screen. Make sure you have it set to 1 round fights.

Rainbow mode.....Ummm, again, you got me on that one as well.

Edited by Haven

The thing with these leaks and such is that I am tempted to play them..

But I don't since I wanna play it when it officialy releases so that it will blow me of my socks. 

If you get what I'm saying.

Huh, I was very much unaware of this. Guess I'll go google that up real fast and see how that works. Thanks for pointing that out.

So I was bumbling around on YouTube and just so happened to stumble across this AI bot for the FiM leak.

Its still in its alpha stages and doesn't give much of a challenge (if one at all that is), but its slightly better than just hitting a standing opponent should you not be able to get online for live practice.

Link is in his description.

Endurance mode does work. It goes through a ton of fights until you lose and you don't gain health back. How to stop it mid-game should you want to, I've got nothing on that one.

Rainbow mode.....Ummm, again, you got me on that one as well.

to stop the Rainbow mode you have to just stop the bot play, go into your Bot menu and deselect it

that is all

now Endurance mode....

I did not know this worked otherwise I would have tried that out

that part seems to be blocked out for me :/

to stop the Rainbow mode you have to just stop the bot play, go into your Bot menu and deselect it

that is all

now Endurance mode....

I did not know this worked otherwise I would have tried that out

that part seems to be blocked out for me :/

Aaah, okie dokie lokie then.

Hmm, the guy said he added it and I watched his gameplay. Maybe its not in this download or something. I actually just now noticed that it was greyed out...

Actually, I just got it to kick in. Not exactly sure if I did something special, but I was sitting at the character select and it allowed me to activate it.

Edited by Haven

Actually, I just got it to kick in. Not exactly sure if I did something special, but I was sitting at the character select and it allowed me to activate it.

Hmm, then I guess it guess it kicks in just before the fight

If that's the case then I'm guessing you either let yourself get defeated (though I really can't imagine that) or you can just turn off the bot function, go into the bot menu, and uncheck the endurance mode....

Edited by ~Chaotic Luna~

Hmm, then I guess it guess it kicks in just before the fight

If that's the case then I'm guessing you either let yourself get defeated or you can just turn off the bot function, go into the bot menu, and uncheck the endurance mode....

Well, if you have more than one round on, then it will turn off after the first one. The bot turns off as well and it gives you full health for the second round. Once it does start over, it takes your health away, but im not sure if its both of the rounds cumulative damage or just going by round one.

Either way, pausing it and turning the bot off stops it fully without having to finish it.

• Brohoof 1

wow this thread has heated up since Fluttershy's reveal trailer. Good :)

@, I'd be willing to undust my leak, to play some Rarity on you, I don't remember a hell of this game right now :x

• Brohoof 1

@, I'd be willing to undust my leak, to play some Rarity on you, I don't remember a hell of this game right now :x

I'd accept except for the fact that I can't seem to get MTSP to work right now. I can't find the latest version of it either. Should I get it working, I'll tell you.

I'd accept except for the fact that I can't seem to get MTSP to work right now. I can't find the latest version of it either. Should I get it working, I'll tell you.

I believe there is no server available for matches, I think no one is playing the game ATM, but what can I say, I had to do magic to get that program to work

I believe there is no server available for matches, I think no one is playing the game ATM, but what can I say, I had to do magic to get that program to work

I'm guessing the ones that were up are down just as you said. I'd like to make sure by getting the latest version, but I can't find the damn thing anywhere. Or learn how do to it myself if thats possible.