Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic

Discordian

For those interested they have made and update: http://www.mane6.com/2013/02/c-megapost.html, although it's pretty much a "thanks for the ride" post.

Not really much to get happy about but the game hasn't been entirely shut down as of yet but there's still not much news. There is a good FAQ however which is definitely worth a read.

Edited by Aaramus

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Fighting is Magic, as we know it, is dead, confirmed.

read this:

http://www.mane6.com/2013/03/m6v2.html

I am extremelly dissappointed about these news because FiM will never be the same without the ponies and to be honest the inclusion of Faust in the team is not important to me at all, nothing agaisnt her, she is a genious after all.

The petitions won't work if the devteam decided to call it quits, so well, there's no hope left :(

I can't blame them for their decision, they worked really hard on this game and getting the help of a proffessional like Lauren is 1 of a lifetime opportunity that shouldn't be wasted, but still :(quiero mis ponies ;_;

Anyways, the game will remain unaltered according to them, the moves, the mechanics and everything will stay the same (I would like some tweaks here and there), they only have to remove everything pony oriented, so this will be the official thread for this ??? game. I like speculation, so let's start here. 

First off, the characters would be human still be 4 legged animals IMO, I think Lauren would choose a very Powerpuff girls mixed with some chibi and some Forster's home for Imaginary Friends style, like Scott Pilgrim :) ...in the GCT I speculated about the first 6 characters based on their pony counterparts' gameplay.

Twilight - She would be a magician or a illusionist with a magic book(?) or a staff. She could be male

Applejack - a male cowboy XD.

Pinkie Pie -  A clown or a gymnast.

Rarity - A chinnese bald wise earth bender.

Fluttershy - A guy with a jetpack.

Fluttershy - A girl with Bodyguards of all ages and sizes XD

^ ignore that pls XD

Another thing to mention, now that they will continue the game with other characters and scenarios and music, it's probable that they may want to actually charge money for it because they can, I hope they don't get that extreme. Also since they promised the game with 17 characters (11 of them would be DLC), now that it's not pony oriented they can dismiss that matter since these could be 11 unknown characters that no ones expect.

Now, what do you feel about it? could it be better without the ponies? will not be the same? you hate mane6 now, Lauren? What do you expect the characters to be? etc. share your thoughts and let's speculate about it

Edited by Sparkity

I'm looking forward to the new game they are making. True, it won't be about ponies, but it's still from a very good indie development team. Plus with Lauren Faust herself making the characters, it's going to be awesome :D

With the payment thing, I doubt they will charge money for it. They said they wanted it to be free from the start of development. 

Well, they actually confirmed the characters would be four-legged so humans are crossed out.  They confirmed that their composers will be composing new soundtracks for those too.  So assuming they'll all be four-legged animals, I'll start to speculate too :)

Twilight- A black and white cat with magic

Applejack- Why not a horse?  Surely they could still make a horse

Pinkie Pie- A border collie

Fluttershy- Maybe a deer?

Rarity- A persian

Rainbow Dash- A dragon would be cool

Well, we'll just have to wait and see anyway ;)

With the payment thing, I doubt they will charge money for it. They said they wanted it to be free from the start of development. 

they never charged money for it because they couldn't :/

Well, they actually confirmed the characters would be four-legged so humans are crossed out.  They confirmed that their composers will be composing new soundtracks for those too.  So assuming they'll all be four-legged animals, I'll start to speculate too

ummm really? :o where did you saw that? :o

though 4 legged animals would make sense. BTW I like your picks :P 

they never charged money for it because they couldn't :/

ummm really? :o where did you saw that? :o

though 4 legged animals would make sense. BTW I like your picks :P

Thank you :)

It's in the comment section, here's the comment if you like:

-Fan: is there any chance of the characters NOT being humans. The idea of 4-legged combat was one of the best things about the original. Any word on the characters being mythical creatures or will they be humans?

-Mane 6: 4-legged.

Well, humans would have been awkward if they keep the move-set anyway xD

• Brohoof 1

Wow, this was such an amazingly smart move by Hasbro. Now they won't get any profitlosses and their popularity will get a huge boost, especially amongst us bronies.

I really like to have humans in a game where the only reason I hyped for is because it had ponies. 

Now we should all pay tribute to the glorious company we now as Hasbro. Glory be to thee! 

/ultra sarcasm 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I seem to be one of the few that is really happy about this. I'm very interested in seeing a game based on other ideas of Lauren, possibly even more than the pony one. They did hint in the comment section at the idea that the characters would still be equines though (they said something like "Hasbro doesn't own the concept of equines" or something similar). 

Edited by Malakili
  • Brohoof 2

Well I for one saw this coming.

I knew this was the decision thu where going to take.

On

One end it sucks it wont be the mane six we know.

But

On the other end it will be an original game.

Oh well I guess we will see.

Well i guess most of us upset about moving away from mlp concept art... but still guys Lauren Faust herself will make some new world with new characters (And i guess some new story world) and she never did staff of low quality before.

Cross my hooves, wish a good luck.

Well, that is about as cool as it could be, methinks. :)  I'm very glad to see Mane6's considerable talent not only isn't going to waste, but that they've got Faust backing them.  That's VERY awesome.

Thanks for sharing this!

I've already heard of them getting Faust on board, and honestly, im not quite as interested.

I mean, if they can keep it pony releated, ill still check it it with a chunk of less enthusiasm.

If not pony related at all, nope. It'll just be there.

I was only interested because of ponies, but it's not like I'm going to abandon them just because desperate times and all that. I wonder if the title will remain the same...

(edited)

It's great they got Lauren Faust on this,but honestly,they only got popular because it was a MLP-based fighting game.Granted,it's a very good fighting game in its own right,but I wouldn't be all that surprised if they lose attention due to most likely having to deviate away from ponies.

Still very interested to see what they'll do now though with Faust on the team.

Edited by CaptainBlue808

they should've let the game die and be done with it....now they are stressing out on the whole fanbase and not beign clear about what they are going to do with it, that is worst than closing it down...

it's great that lauren faust is supporting them, but the whole thing that kept everything togheter was the controversy of such a game, now that the original characters are not in it anymore it will just be another random fighter in the pack, wich is sad

Yea, even with Faust I can't say I'm really interested anymore. I enjoyed it for the ponies and how they each felt like the characters were pulled straight from the show and stuck into a brawl. Now it will just be another 2d fighting game. If they couldn't get Hasbro to agree to a deal, they should have moved on and maybe done something else with their talent.

That being said, I'll probably look in on it from time to time, but you'll still find me playing the leaked version when I need my quick fix.

Boy, there really is no pleasing you people, is there? I would have thought you'd be happy for this team to find that their hard work wasn't going to go to waste, and that the CREATOR of Friendship was going to work with them. But no. If it's not ponies beating each other up, you don't want it.

• Brohoof 2

Boy, there really is no pleasing you people, is there? I would have thought you'd be happy for this team to find that their hard work wasn't going to go to waste, and that the CREATOR of Friendship was going to work with them. But no. If it's not ponies beating each other up, you don't want it.

Meh, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. We SURE are a tough crowd to please, ain't we? I mean, we only get all this stuff for free without the makers of this gaining a single penny...

• Brohoof 1

Please tell me why I should want a generic game just cause of the work put into it and cause one special person is working on it.

Yes, its good they can finish what the started, but thats not enough reason for me to pretend to still be interested. Id actually feel worse for pretending to still be interested in it much.

Please tell me why I should want a generic game just cause of the work put into it and cause one special person is working on it.

Yes, its good they can finish what the started, but thats not enough reason for me to pretend to still be interested. Id actually feel worse for pretending to still be interested in it much.

Because at first, the outrage was visibly about "Hasbro shut down the creative work of a talented team of people who poured their hearts into a great project", and "We REALLY hope Faust gets on board and helps them make new, original characters so they can finish this game!".  Now when exactly that happens, the story changes to "Oh, well, it's not worth it if it doesn't have Rainbow Dash in it."

In other words, the truth is revealed: You don't really care about Mane6 or the fact that they got a C&D order and were forced to shut down a great project.  All you really care about is that you don't get to see My Little Pony main characters beating each other up.  Never mind that Lauren Faust created the characters that you love so much, and she could create more, newer characters that you may end up loving just as much, if not more.  AND who would be perfectly appropriate for such a game.

Because at first, the outrage was visibly about "Hasbro shut down the creative work of a talented team of people who poured their hearts into a great project", and "We REALLY hope Faust gets on board and helps them make new, original characters so they can finish this game!". Now when exactly that happens, the story changes to "Oh, well, it's not worth it if it doesn't have Rainbow Dash in it."

In other words, the truth is revealed: You don't really care about Mane6 or the fact that they got a C&D order and were forced to shut down a great project. All you really care about is that you don't get to see My Little Pony main characters beating each other up. Never mind that Lauren Faust created the characters that you love so much, and she could create more, newer characters that you may end up loving just as much, if not more. AND who would be perfectly appropriate for such a game.

Actually, I myself was never into Faust joining them from the start.

And I do care that they had to stop after all the work they had put into it. I'm just not going to hide my lack of interest in the changed product.

That's just me though.

I'll still try it and everything, but I can't guarantee that ill like it much.

I'm not really into fighting - puzzles are more my thing - but I for one welcome our new...

okay, now I'm just being silly. In all seriousness, I really wasn't all that interested in this game to begin with outside of the music that had been released, but I was upset when I heard about the Cease and Desist because of the timing. I for one am quite glad that they were given the opportunity to salvage the engine at least.

Now, if My Little Investigations were to no longer be pony, then yeah, I would lose all interest in it.