Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic

Discordian

So at the moment all Flutteshy can do is "The Stare"? And its a 1 hit KO? They really need to fix that.

You do realize that's not how they intend for her character to actually fight, right? It was a developer joke, the way she is right now. Placeholder graphics and placeholder move.

If that's aimed at me, Mister Jack, you know that Fluttershy needs to get some more moves for the sake of balance. Otherwise people will just use her all the time and 1 shot everybody.

You do realize that's not how they intend for her character to actually fight, right? It was a developer joke, the way she is right now. Placeholder graphics and placeholder move.

Yeah that occurred to me right after I posted that. I done derped again. ^_^

She probably will use the stare, though. I mean, no sense in wasting all those animation frames. But it will not be a one hit KO.

If they do use it, it'll be a super...probably the level three super at that.

Everything in the game looks really cool! I just hope it's relatively simple to play... I don't know much about fighting games and hate it when you have to press a bajillion buttons in a certain sequence all at once to do attacks.

Also, I love Pinkie Pie's animations. The voice actors are excellent. Especially hers. Sounds just like Andrea Libman! I think I might use her or Rarity... Rarity looks neat, but kind of difficult to pull off though. Or Applejack. I'd play as her as well.

Fluttershy's standing animation is adorable and just like her. I think all of the animations fit the characters really well. It's impressive to see what the fanbase can do. Can't wait to see Fluttershy's (and Rainbow Dash) actual attacks and what exactly it is pegasi can do with their wings.

A lot of this is covered in the video but if it's too long to sit through here's the game's basics again:

The game utilizes a weak - medium - heavy system, with a fourth button being used for magic, which is a personal ability that varies from pony to pony. For example, Applejack's magic is using her rope while Rarity's is summoning gems. Each pony has a universal launcher and is capable of both air and ground techs to escape from air combos and OTG attacks respectively. Techs only require a push up or down on the keyboard/gamepad depending on whether you're doing ground or air.

I would love to play as Pinkie Pie. I'm not much of a fighting game player, but I adore her animations and moveset thus far.

fighting is magic looks good although, it appears they need more pony, lucky they will most likely have to keep it F2P be cause Hasbro would more then likely remove it if they made money of it

(edited)

I'm just curious guys, would a MLP:Fighting is Magic Character Breakdown Hyper Guide sound appealing to you?

I have experience with fighting games down to the competitive core, and while I can't say I'm among the best players around, I've personally taught people about some detailed stuff in the fighting games I've played and have actually launched some people in their fighting game career (who knows, maybe in all literal sense of the word!) and are now better than me (dem skills man, I don't have time to practice as much as them). I was thinking that since this will be the only fighting game I'll be able to have access to at home (since I have to rely on going to other people's places to play my fighting games due to not having a console at home), maybe I could pour time to make a public tutorial. I've never done it before though, but I'm very pleased with my own idea (narcissism much?), and noticing how this game might get a huge playerbase, this might be my opportunity.

I'm relatively new to the MLP fandom in general, and truthfully I want to make a contribution sometime soon but just don't have enough time to match with the already bigshots in the community.

...for those who know what I'm talking about, yes this was inspired by the initial hype boom of Marvel vs Capcom 3's release, where the hyper guide was filled with not only informative walls of text, but a video breakdown for the game mechanics + character specific breakdowns. Also inspired by youtube user Miles923 (Maximillian)

If I do see a good amount of responses, I'll be happy to take time to give a shot at it.

...hope I'm not sounding too much like a bragger... sorry if I am...

On a sidenote though it'd be a bit out of place if I'm not able to do these breakdowns before the game's release though...[/hinthintMane6DevTeam]

Edited by Zekira G. Drake
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I am so buying downloading this when it comes out.

Edit: Wow! For free? We must thank them for their generosity.

Edited by SolarPony

Especially since it'll come with online multiplayer... It's really delicious.

I just hope that I can find people near my country to play with though... I don't think there are too many people playing this in South-east Asia? :< Considering that Philippine internet sucks too, I'm having fears that I may not be able to play with too much people...

I watched the first part of the second stream the other day but didn't post.

Man, I can't wait to see what they have in store for us, I always love special moves in games like MvC and this game really has a MvC feel to it. It's gonna be great!

I still wonder what the other characters will be though. It's taken them forever to make and balance these characters, will it take them just as long to make the others or will it be quicker since the system will be balanced out then? I'm sure most of this time is spent balancing and working with the system though so that's why it's taking forever to make the characters as well.

Can't waaaait. :D