Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic

Discordian

It seems like something I'd like to pick up and play, but i'm not sure. Maybe.

Wait, i'm confused, but I guess that's what I get for reading the first page then jumping to the last.

Is it out yet or not?

No, it's definitely not out yet. It's still very much in production, and is likely to be so for the next few months at the least. Play testing and balancing takes a long time. I'm just grateful to Mane6 for putting their efforts into something that will be free for us to download and play. Dear Mane6: Please, take your time, and provide us with the best you can!
  • Brohoof 1

this game looks so fantastic! and awesome, and cool, and alot of other thing i cant be asked to mention right now. daaaaaaaaaang son! i cant wait for this to come out! >.>

No, it's definitely not out yet. It's still very much in production, and is likely to be so for the next few months at the least. Play testing and balancing takes a long time. I'm just grateful to Mane6 for putting their efforts into something that will be free for us to download and play. Dear Mane6: Please, take your time, and provide us with the best you can!

Oh okay, thanks, i just got confused by everyone knowing the moves and such, but I guess that's from the live stream?

Rarity = Main Fighter.

13 Hours erry' day I be practicin' on 'dat game. Come at me with your Pinkie Pies and Applejacks.

post-2915-0-47119400-1334527619.jpg

... I will come at you with my Applejacks.

post-2915-0-35600900-1334527791.jpg

Well seeing that it's been "under production" for several months, I'd say these guys are slow as buck at making games.

I mean seriously, I took a flash-game-making class and made my own fighting game just like this in about 3 hours.

It better be more than it looks, because I'm getting tired of waiting for this.

I for one am glad that they're taking their time - it means that this game might actually be worth playing. I'd much rather wait a year and change for a good and balanced game, than have them quickly shove a pile of trash out the door and call it good. Sure you can make a cobbled-together fighter in a short little time, but would anyone actually want to play it?

I'll take quality over speed of development, sorry.

• Brohoof 6

Well seeing that it's been "under production" for several months, I'd say these guys are slow as buck at making games.

I mean seriously, I took a flash-game-making class and made my own fighting game just like this in about 3 hours.

It better be more than it looks, because I'm getting tired of waiting for this.

What???? Are you nuts????

You have to consider all the content is custom made. As a developer of a fangame (SSB Crusade) i can testify how many time it takes to create such a thing.

Also, you shouldnt be complained, they will be giving it for free.

OK, now for something completely different.

How about we tally the number of people who'll be maining which of the 6 in the initial release?

Twilight -

Applejack -

Pinkie -

Rarity -

Fluttershy -

Rainbow - 1

Feel free to copy and paste through the thread and add yours appropriately

Explanation optional

As for me, aside from Rainbow Dash being my favorite of the official ponies, I play fighting games maining air dash characters. Pegasi in this came WILL have air options (devs said so themselves) unique to them so I'm anxious to try it out.

Here's hoping that they get 8-way air dashes.

Edited by Zekira G. Drake

Twilight -

Applejack -

Pinkie -

Rarity - 1

Fluttershy -

Rainbow - 1

I like the idea of a non-stop onslaught of chip damage, Rarity is best pony, and I like the look of her moves. The Diamond Rarity palette swap looks terrific, too. Swank!

Twilight -

Applejack -

Pinkie - 1

Rarity - 1

Fluttershy -

Rainbow - 1

Pinkie Pie's type of fighting style is the same kind that I use for my other fighting games so it would be an easy transition from one to the other. Her ability to come out of nowhere is very good and I would love to ruin someponies day by completely turning around the match.

In the nic of time! Pinkie Pies BGM is up ponies! Listen!

Playing a fighter on a keyboard is going to take some getting used to, but nevertheless, I will play the crap out of this game.

No kidding, I can't imagine how much time people who played Touhou Hisoutensoku poured in. Though people who started playing TH12.3 with a keyboard are kinda officially screwed with other fighting games just because of the input medium, lol

Playing a fighter on a keyboard is going to take some getting used to, but nevertheless, I will play the crap out of this game.

No kidding, I can't imagine how much time people who played Touhou Hisoutensoku poured in. Though people who started playing TH12.3 with a keyboard are kinda officially screwed with other fighting games just because of the input medium, lol

Easy solution: Wired 360 controller, and/or PS3 controller in conjunction - if necessary! - with joy2key. I've never once had to use a keyboard in Hisoutensoku. :)

With that said... I wouldn't knock keyboards as input devices for fighting games; i play a lot of PC fighters with several of my friends (Touhou and Melty Blood, for the most part), and they are all sorts of brutal with Dem Arrow Keyz.

Me? I'm all stick and/or pad (depending on the game).

• Brohoof 2

Twilight - 1

Applejack -

Pinkie - 1

Rarity - 1

Fluttershy -

Rainbow - 1

Mostly for the reason that she is my favorite. But her moveset looks like something I would need to get used to. She more than often will use the book to attack. Its kinda like Phoenix Wright in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

@Zoop: there are actually a lot of USB Gaming Pads being sold where I live. I've been a pad player all my life in fighting games, so yeah. Good thing Hisoutensoku supports gamepad/stick inputs. So far I've been able to make almost any fighting game input work on the pad (except maybe in the PS3/360 version of MvC2, where macros didn't exist... good thing I know how to stick too), yeah

Edited by Zekira G. Drake

Twilight - 1

Applejack -

Pinkie - 2

Rarity - 1

Fluttershy -1

Rainbow - 1

You'd better start feeling troubled,

for the Pinkie has been doubled!

The theme of her's is fully of peppy and joy.

All the better to play with y'all like a toy!

I come at you at in a relentless assault.

Will it be a cartwheel or a wacky somersault?

You can't read me, you'll only have to guess.

To get me, you'll need skills and a lordly bless.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight - 1

Applejack -

Pinkie - 2

Rarity - 1

Fluttershy -1

Rainbow - 1

You'd better start feeling troubled,

for the Pinkie has been doubled!

The theme of her's is fully of peppy and joy.

All the better to play with y'all like a toy!

I come at you at in a relentless assault.

Will it be a cartwheel or a wacky somersault?

You can't read me, you'll only have to guess.

To get me, you'll need skills and a lordly bless.

Youve earned this Brohoof, my friend.

I dunno who I'll be maining. Twilight is my favorite pony but until I get a feel for each one myself I can't really say who I'll be using competitively.

Also, I won't be playing on a keyboard because I just bought this.

Posted Image

This isn't exactly how it'll be though. I bought it on ebay from a guy who modded it with Sanwa parts.