Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Askonequus! Er, Ask Widdershins!

Widdershins

So I figured it wouldn't hurt and we were more than overdue to anyway. Feel free to ask Me or my Draconequusona anything you wish. Just try to keep it to-

*shove*  No! No limits! Literally anything! I know everything! I don't care what it is, be it the Meaning of Life, advice on combating depression, random nonsense or the mating habits of succubi/incubi! There is literally no limit at all! My author may have his reservations but I don't! There ain't nothing we haven't at least hypothesized on! Even if we can't, we're quite good at completely making up bulls-

Uh... Well, I should suppose it would be wise for you to specify whether you're asking me, as a real person, or my persona as a draconequus. Though... admittedly... the line is kind of blurred there. I for one, am more shy about, ah, personal information of course, but I suppose we can treat that as a case-by-case basis. Probably don't need to point out which tone I may be more... uh, "comfortable" with using, heh. Sufficed to say, I should be fully capable of answering anything you may have to ask. In fact, I'm considering giving out completely metaphorical awards if you somehow manage to ask a question I can't answer.

Most likely pancakes. In fact, may give you all pancakes regardless.    ...   Choke on my Pancakes!!!

But seriously anything. Literally any question at all! Heck, ask me why I'm smarter than you! Don't leave the thread abandoned for to long either! I am this close to asking & answering my own questions! Just you TRY & test my loneliness, punk!

• Brohoof 2

@CuriUndersXeno

Ah, yes! But knowledge does not equate satisfaction! Such can only be obtained through altruism & self-acceptence of being!

And, as I feel complied to habitually reiterate: Do I look like I'm sane? Hhee-hee-hwee!

As to character development (a topic I often entertain myself with) I'll assume you mean in general, not specifically I. Because a draconequus's character is based almost solely on being more parts than whole. Though I suppose the same could be said of anyone, albeit metaphorically.

I feel, that creating a character is creating life. Heterochromia (that is, having differently colored eyes) looks both tacky & cliche. But it is still a possibility. It's not about what you have, but how you live with it. If your character has, say, mechanical wings or some other cybernetic cyborg parts and its clear from how often you mention it in the story's narration that you only put them on the character so you could make a point of telling people about it... then...  That's an impartial character.

Does your unicorn have a broken horn? Did it break so long ago in some scuffle that the character only directly remembers it & has since gotten so used to it they barely call attention to it? Then that's fine. Being partial can make you whole.

Does your unicorn take every hint at it to launch into how it impedes his magic, affects his life, and forces him to be an outcast to society?

Life... is about how you react to things. How you live. If you are defined only by the definitions you have & give, then only you mean something to you. If your character can go "Yeh, I look like a mess, what about it? Maybe I've killed a number of other beings, but... well, whattaya want me to do about it? I can't un-dead them & staying sad about it won't solve anything. Heck, I tried. Wanna grab a snack?"

Think more along lines of what your character would do, or you would do as them or vice versa. I would suggest looking into Doctor Who for a good development. He's dealt with loads of trauma, but only really thinks about it should the situation stick him to talking about it. He's first & foremost himself, not what he's been through.

Or! Barring that! Get published, a company behind you crankin' out episodes and people'll have to eat your stuff up no matter how terrible it is! Can I get shout-out fo' mah Peppa Pig?!  Whoh-Whoh!

@Elric Leaftail

Murder, mostly.

He's kidding! I'm kidding! Joke! That was a joke! Right? Right!?

Hee-hee! Well it's mostly been the exploring of different worlds.

I used to be quite the bibliophile in my younger days, every bit as big as Twilight is. Still am, but just the sad part is that I've been quite remiss in that as of late. The same with Warcraft and television though I still do love hearing of stories and the worlds they contain. These days I tend to be on the MLP gameloft game, Hearthstone and steadily picking back up Mystery Science Theater 3000's new season on Netflix. Oh, and nagging then ignoring myself to practice my drawing.

Usually of me!

Hmm... should go practice my reading again... and maybe take a walk. Ooh! And food... I should probably ingest something today...

@Vinyl Feri

Ah... well, to answer your question as indirectly as possible... I do put a bit of myself into my characters that I make. Sometimes opposites of what the case is with me in real life. One quality I share directly with my draconequusona... is being completely unmoored in time.

I get the feeling that most look forward to weekends because that's when they have the most time to themselves. Me, I have as much free time on a Sunday as I do on a Monday... on account of not having a job.. ah-heh-heh...     But even then, back in my schooling days I dreaded the weekends off because that only meant sitting around the house bored or doing homework & waiting for school to start back up again when I had the structure and knew what had to be done.

Indeed! For to spend time, you got to differentiate time!

Time! is but an illusion!

It's not so much as what time follows others but how we compare it to past or perceived forthcoming experiences! And We! Are not very creative with our time management! So, to answer your question its mostly forgetting & wandering around town while wondering why everything is closed down! For the most part its what I usually do, a stroll into the parks around town, the Pokemans Gos, and on the odd occasion we'll put in the effort to see the aquarium/indoor Zoo in the big city.  Oh, and the occasional trip to a movie theater when we've got the cash to!

• Brohoof 2

@Randimaxis

...Really? Your the only user on the site with a name that starts with Randi? Think that'd be a gag more'd pounce on!

Ah! Random Access! Twould be wondering when thine would grace our hallowed pages!

To answer your question, let us first break it down to its components! (*cough* MostlybecauseIdon'tknowwhatyoujustsaid *uncough*)

Being existential means questioning such things as your purpose, place in the universe, why things are the way they are & so on & forth. Something I find myself doing often, because, let's face it, I am a Draconequusona so that sort of mad, rambling, philosophizing is why I even exist in the first place!

Quantum, as far as I can tell, is breaking things down as far as you can. Hence the allusion to things infinitesimally small as quarks, leptons, bosons, string theory and their Ilk.

Science likes to do that. Just sit there with What Ifs, hypothesisisisisises, "what's this thing made out of, and if so, what's the thing making that thing out of made out of." So the question I pose to thee is what does it matter what the ecosystem on Mars is? Or where a Black Hole leads to? Or how other dimensions work or are gotten to? You're not gonna know what Mars is like personally, because what are the chances of you ever affording a trip there even if that does become a viable option in your life time? Even then, if you do, ain't that something you then concern yourself with once you are certain that you're heading there?

Does really digging for an answer ever really answer things?

Certainly not for something as complicated & expansive as questions regarding Life.

Once you start asking questions, you will always have more questions!

Am I saying you shouldn't ask questions? Of course not! That's fun! The less there is a reason to do things, the more fun it is! It's when you try to buckle down & start caring more for finding answers rather than enjoying the process of making questions & the adventure you take to get to that point, is when you kill the happy!

The short answer is No.

I gave you the long answer first because we might possibly be an indirect Sadist! Hah!

Guess what I'm saying... is to question your questioning. Life isn't about answers. It's about the questions.

Forty-Two.

• Brohoof 2

@Maple Bat

Pssht! Well, that's no contest of course!

Discord of course! He can actually control his magic! But I hold its far more entertaining to not control your vague, undefinable, interdimensional powers!

Besides. He holds seniority in cannon. Everybeing knows that the larger fanbase always wins out & I ain't got one of my own.

YET!!!

• 3 weeks later...

@~Phoenix~

Certainly!

...wait, did you say Shoggoth?

No, Sheogorath. We just wikipediaed this.

Ah, well, no then. Well, probably. Most certainly likely maybe not yes. My writer has never played Skyrim so he can hamfistedly shove me into that franchise like he's done with several others.

I mean, clearly he's a draconequus. I don't think we can refute this. I saaaaid we can't refute this!

I'd say he's the Spirit of Madness, which isn't to be confused with the Spirit of Chaos or my spirit of Confusion. Which are completely different, trust me.

Here, let me go into detail here because you didn't ask, but your likely bored and by the time you read this it will already be typed out completely & there's nothing really you can do at that point.

Madness & Confusion are Chaos. In fact, a lot of things are Chaos, but I can't really speak for Chaos. Point is, Chaos is as natural as order. You being capable of thinking & having a personality is something you can thank Chaos for. But we digress.

Madness will kill you. Mind you, its entirely possible to live with, like a fine layer of dementia that just keeps your blissfully unaware... or maybe an unquenchable bloodthirst. Either, pick one.

Point is, madness isn't necessarily a bad. Fosters creativity! Just look at what I am! But I can't fully agree with Sheogorath's methods. Though the man does do some wonderful things with entrails. You ever try haggis? I haven't! Its wonderful! Wonder if he has any cheese-flavored entrails?

"But what's Confusion then?" I hear you being made to say this in my hypothetical situation! Well, its a part of life. A natural state you are all probably already in. Who doesn't spend time wondering what they ought be doing, what's the best route to take, how best to please their boss, what the Samuel Langhorn Clemens is an aglet used for & and so on into ad nauseum! Life is all about roads to take & decisions to ponder about whether you've done it right far too late to change things!

I'll leave you with a good analogy! Take Puberty! A very confusing time of life! That's why everybeing hates teenagers! I hate teenagers, parents of teenagers hate teenagers, even teenagers hate teenagers! It's a period of life where you're trying to figure things out! How you react in social situations, what your sexuality is, what you're going to do for the rest of your life, whether or not the fact that working in a dead-end desk job for the rest of your life is even worth it, or why you're spending your evenings reading the mad ramblings of a lunatic who appears to be typing like he's a separate entity in migraine-inducing pink text on the internet...

...lost my focus there.

Call it doubt or fear, adventure or simply being fully aware of your options, Confusion is Life! If you always knew everything & never needed to think twice then why would you bother living then?

...just don't go around disemboweling others.

....some of us aren't immortal gods who don't have to worry about consequences.

I mean, clearly, I AM, but some of you may potentially not be.

@~Phoenix~

Well, typically either I find things to whap you in the noggin with or I pick up to random creatures and repeatedly smoosh their faces together until I get a whole new creature!

Basically, an awful lot of face ramming!

But, ah, really though, its been mostly gameboy games for most of my life. I feel I may have had an old console, like, ages ago but I can't remember fully. The biggest franchise I'm loyal to, and likely even more then My Little Pony, is Pokemon. I've been apart of each generation & game they've put out for the series ever since it started. Even Pokemon Go!

Which is just, just undeniably the worst game ever! It's so clearly so poorly planned out and stripped of creativity that likely the only reason we still keep playing it is that is so darned entertaining in how completely ineffectual it is!

But hey, it's Pokemon. Speaking of horrible games there's Hearthstone that I'm on often and that's a game that's equally unfair and even more infuriating. But I only play that because its free & a virtual card game. I'm pretty big in card games like Magic:The Gathering & Yugioh (which i've still yet to get a hang of the rules) and I've always been a huge fan of board games to, even the boringly long ones like Chess, Risk & Monopoly! Though... uhh... since I tend not to have others to play with... I haven't in a good while.

Basically, I do like me a Puzzle. More of trying to work things out & strategy rather than that usual quick-reflex timed event stuff or how so many video games these days seem to be centered around as much murder as possible. I used to be the biggest fan ever of Warcraft, was in it for... well, a good portion of my life, but I eventually quit when I caught on that it mostly boiled down to an endless loop of killing & looting. I don't like hurting others, I really don't. I need me some story or at least some calm consideration where the games just about living.

That's why I like me some town-building like the Gameloft MLP game.    .... ooh.... just realized I haven't checked on my little Animal Crossing village of Shinton in, like, weeks...

Gosh... hope Apollo & Savannah aren't mad at me... Uh... be back later!

Why, in your signature, do you describe the 'plethora of words' you supposedly use as 'verbose' and 'pontificating' when such adjectives should obviously be used in relation to the manner in which you utilise said plethora of words? Words themselves cannot be verbose or pontificating, because verbosity is the usage of many words, while pontification is the pompous usage of words to express one's opinion.

come at me bruh

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, ~Phoenix~ said:

Maybe if i mention you you'll actually see this faster :P

No, but I'll be a dillweed and mention you back even more!  @~Phoenix~, @~Phoenix~, @~Phoenix~!

Ah, you'll have to pardon us, backlog of notifications keeps piling up faster than I can respond. I've got my thread on follow, so don't worry, I'm always around!

As for what I think, I think its great! How many other fowl do you know of that can roast themselves without need of an appliance!?

I think they meant their character.   OOOOHHH!... was funnier my way.

Well, anyway. Think she's a right ripe little orange.   Oh, behave you! I never even wrote you with an actual libido or gender!

Buuuut from a character stance, maybe you got a bit more aging to do. Bit heavy on the drama & we've never been all that heavy into drama ourselves. Well, short of causing it.

Do have to say though, takes a remarkable bit of courage to use a glamour shot like that for your first impression character sheet! Props there, bruddah!

Hmm, wonder what my modeling picture would be like?...  Well, now you've given him ideas!

@Duality

Well, one explanation is the fact that I seem to prefer to use words as how I imagine them. Often times I'll go back to see that words I use don't technically mean what I use them for, yet I still continue to as I like it the way I mean it. Like the word Technically, for one. Good example is Widdershins. It's supposed to be an old word for basically Counter-Clockwise, or 'going against the natural order of things.' Wheeen I looked it up in my big ol' dictionary though... turns out its a scottish old word and Withershins at that. But it sounds better this way, and likely has been resaid that way anyhow.

When it comes down to it though, of course, is that meaning is entirely subjective. The process of utilization & the concept a word embodies are entirely related to the opinions & experiences by the user & initial audience, to whit, the sayer who first crafted the word in order to, however accurate, convey the meaning they first sought.

For example, let us contemplate this old, soggy tomato that I'm about to throw at your face. How do you , specifically, acknowledge this as a tomato? Because of your many experiences of finding it labeled as such or having others who's sanity you respect point to it and audibly proclaim it as such? How does that meaning match up when you go to a foreign country who refers to it in words nothing like what sounds like a tomato to you? What then does it become if another does not associate its redness with its tomato-ness like you do on account of them being colorblind? Or if another only sees said fruit as a projectile for hilarity?

Andyesitissototallyafruit!

What we are oft wont to state, is that Words are the corpse of an idea. You only give life into it when you so speak it into existence. A hug could mean the culmination of everything wrong being assauged by someone they finally trust to one being... or an open invitation to club you over the head repeatedly with anything handy until such time as you back the buck off. A simple hand gesture could mean nothing more than a cool way to agree in one nation & could be a rude, obscene gesture that deserves assault in another.

With meaning being a creature so illusive & ethereal, I deem it but worthy that whatever scant accurate depiction I may form of my words is but only a reflection of my truest intentions.

Or, to put as a layman would: "Whateva, I do what I wan'!"

And yes, I did just say that outloud & do a head bob.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Widdershins Don't headbobwhateva me, I was just doing what you told me to! :eww:

"Do endeavo(u)r to pin me down to defining half the verbose, pontificating plethora of words I use", I believe were your exact words.

So THERE, see? I was just innocently tearing grammatical shreds off your plea for us to tear grammatical shreds off your plea. And simultaneously asking precisely the sorts of questions you asked us to ask in this thread.

Yeh boi, das' right. *headbob*

+ fyi widdershins is modern spelling, that's not wrong

How much merch do you own? Pokémon as well as pony.

Edited by Duality
too busy headbobbing

On 5/15/2017 at 11:06 AM, ~Phoenix~ said:

are there any powers that widdershins actually can controll?

PANCAKES!!!

Yeah. it's pancakes. He's basically the lord of all pancakes. The ability to summon as many, of any shape, size or density, just anything at all... as long as it's a pancake. And yes, pancakes have far more uses than you can imagine. Just fair bit of warning, that when your a madman... madbeing, you tend to get a tad obsessive over what little you can manage.

@Duality

Well now, I never did intone that I wouldn't sass your sass with more sass. Or even question your questions with yet more questions. Did you think you could sit down for tea with the Spirit of Confusion & not get into an endless loop of logic and... whatever my second concept there was?

...uh, and yes! We are TOTALLY having tea right now! I did mention that!

*Widdershins hurriedly clacks his claw together to summon a tea tray. It crashes and splashes at high speed into the side of his face. Hot tea & teapot shards drip down his long face as his eyes narrow and he does a dramatic movie-scene trailer voice.*

Elegant as Buck.

Yeh, but it still isn't the original word. You wanna argue with a fifteen pound dictionary, be my guest! Dictionary outweighs your skull's impact strength!

Well, as for merchandising... Well, I've been in Pokemon for pretty much every generation & game. I say in, because I seem to lose the cartridges like clockwork every eight years or so... Never got into the card game there, but I do have some three or so gold-leaf pokemon cards that were given out for some event. But I assure you, my pokemon collection in the games is by far much more expansive! Each with their own varied oc personalities to them! As ponies go: I've got three each of Rarity & Rainbow Dash Plushies of varying sizes, a photo of which I've posted recently on my statii, and one tiny, dinky little Fluttershy plushie who's fallen over on her face behind a snowglobe right now. I've managed to assemble nineteen pony figurines, mostly from blind bags that are small & easy to discretely buy out of the store without having to explain myself to a cashier. Did manage to find a pretty good sized Funko Maud, an actual Gummy figure and an real old pony from way back when they were kinda a bit creepy. Her names Waterfire!

Not to be confused with her non-cannonical brother, Firewater. He's kinda been hittin' the Daddy-Sodas a little too hard, if yah get what I mean!

On 5/15/2017 at 2:05 PM, The Cerberus said:

To be or not to be?
If its it is its it, is its it its its it?
What is 0 divided by 2?
Favorite food?
:3

Not to be of course! Tis barely a question! Not existing has so much more potential to it! Heck! You might not even be existing as we speak!

Well, if the existence of the secondary "It" can be defined in name solely by its possession by the preceding, former "It" then the sentence boils down to mere circular logic and summarily to "Is it it?" Therefore, in equal summary, Yes.

Pancakes. The answer is always pancakes.

Though, logically speaking, if zero is signified as an absence of something, than taking two fistfuls of the same 'nothing' still does supply two equal amounts of that original subject, regardless of its amount being equal to zilch. While that "nothing" can be said to now be existing as separate despite its lack of discernable material to distinguish it, it is still regarded, grammatically, as under the same name. Paradoxically, grabbing two fistfuls of air, with separate limbs & holding them at clearly different areas, still counts that as the same air. So, in essence, two of zero is both two and zero.

I SAID the answer was pancakes!  Ow! Hey! No slapping your narrator!

Well, my favorite food is- PANCAKES! yes, clearly, I think you know by now what his is. Despite him not actually having a need or capacity to eat. Hey! I still got me a sense of taste! Mine though, is basically, in order: Peaches, Caramel & cheese, or dairy in general. Basically anything sweet & sticky in texture, you know, like cream cheese frosting!

It's a darn shame peaches are seasonal or I'd try baking them into more things. I've tried dipping peaches in caramel sauce before and... while it sounds good, I'd likely suggest against it. Has a burny taste to it. A good burny taste, but I digress. Though really, I'm no sort to qualm from new, strange tastes, even those which can undeniably be defined as outright rancid. Like Goat Cheese, Saurkraut & Braunschweiger.  I'm... not even sure what Braunschweiger even is, but I doubt it could make it sound or taste any less disgusting!

Ooh! And one new taste I've found to be a favorite! Soybeans! One day I dream to have me a soybean farm... and just chew my way through a whole crop's worth in a day!

(=|:3   

Hee-Hee! I made ah catface with a top hat!

• Brohoof 1

Nice, nice. One third of all merchness dedicated to Rarity is a good proportion. :proud:

Do you have any dragon-related merchandise?

Have you read the Eragon series?

Do you have any special interest in or affinity for particular discipline/s (discipline in the context of science/art/philosophy/etcetera)?

27 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

Well now, I never did intone that I wouldn't sass your sass with more sass. Or even question your questions with yet more questions. Did you think you could sit down for tea with the Spirit of Confusion & not get into an endless loop of logic and... whatever my second concept there was?

Yeh, but it still isn't the original word. You wanna argue with a fifteen pound dictionary, be my guest! Dictionary outweighs your skull's impact strength!

Except it wasn't sass 'til you sassed it. Then it got sassy fast.

Plus, it was a rhetorical question, which you're not supposed to answer - especially not with another question, 'cause everyone knows that's rude.

AND, no true Spirit of Confusion would start a loop of logic, because those make sense even when they don't (which sounds like it doesn't make sense but actually does, because it's a loop of logic).

no from english is original word. we'd all speaking greekness if originals.

• Brohoof 1

if you can controll pancakes, does that make you a pancake bender?

why can't you controll other types of cakey foods?

what's the craziest/most wierd/most creative thing you've done with pancakes?

• Brohoof 1