Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you write the number 2?

FirePuppy

How do you write the number 2?  

37 users have voted

1. 1. How do you write the number 2?

• Standard
    • Fancy "parrot shape"

"Standard" way, similar to the printed number 2 or the letter Z. My handwriting is pretty much like that of a doctor most of the time, because I usually try to write fast and barely readable. If I want my writing to be readable to other people, I write in printed letters.

The only time I write in handwriting and kinda-readable is when I write on a video tape or on a box of a cassette. Then I do it slowly and usually kinda-readable.

I had my marks reduced for bad handwriting in first grades all the time and told to do writing exercises all the time (pretty much writing from a book etc). It did not help :twismile: and after a while the teacher just gave up. 

I try to keep all my numbers very clean and readable. The worst situation you can get in when you write numbers too quickly and you make 2's into a backwards S. Of course 1's and 7's much not be confused.

But I write 2's in the most standard and readable way possible, even if it takes slightly longer time.

• Brohoof 1

I've almost always written it with a loop, so I guess that would be considered the fancy "Parrot Shape". Most people I know write it the normal way, so I guess it's something that just became a habit.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Depends on what context. For my telephone schematics, I have to follow a standard using a very tight upper arc. For my scripts, I use a little loop. Most commonly. I write it just like a '2', no fancy stuff.