Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been attacked by a critter?

Balt

What have you experieced  

27 users have voted

1. 1. What attacked you?

• Angry bee hive attack
    • Skunk spray attack
    • Ant hill attack.
    • other.
  2. 2. Tell Story?

• Sure why not.
    • No it's embarresing enough i voted for the option
  3. 3. For those with skunk what did you use

• Tomato juice
    • Beer
    • hydrogen pryoxide, baking soda, and dish soap.
    • didn't vote that, stupid

Hi, @Will! Since your thread doesn't require much discussion, it has been moved to Forum Lounge. Thanks! :) 

I got attacked by a swarm of Bees, when i was younger.

I was out playing something, with a few of my Friends. They got the brilliant idea to trow rocks at a bee hive in the ground to see, which one can block the entrance. I didnt want to play at first, but since those ones were my only friends at the time and i rarely, if ever, had any friends to begin with, i just went with it and trow a rock myself.

I managed to block the entrance to the bee hive, but felt sad about it afterwards and kicked the rock away, to free the bees. Than i got chased by the bees, i ran away screaming and crying and 4 bees stung me. By the way, those Guys are not my friends anymore. I dont even remember who they were anymore.

• Brohoof 3

On second thought, since people are encouraged to share their stories, I think we're in for quite the interesting discussion. I'm going to put this back into General Discussion. ;) 

I did modify the topic title for further clarification. 

• Brohoof 3

You know, I have never experienced any of these in my life. Either I have been extremely cautious or extremely lucky. I am a cautious person in general, but I am gonna go with luck on this one. Being attacked by a swarm of bees would be horrific. o_o'

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Kyoshi said:

You know, I have never experienced any of these in my life. Either I have been extremely cautious or extremely lucky. I am a cautious person in general, but I am gonna go with luck on this one. Being attacked by a swarm of bees would be horrific. o_o'

But If I had to choose between bees or skunk I would choose bees

Was stung by a swarm of wasps when I was 9 years old. The worst part about it was that this happened on a public playground.

I've also been bitten by a rat snake. I was 21 and I accidentally stepped on it. The bite was not as painful as one would think, but you wouldn't know it by everyone else's reactions. My parents treated my wound like I was at risk of dying (I wasn't).

Edited by Halberd
  • Brohoof 3

I have been stung by a bark scorpion about a year ago, most unpleasant feeling by far. Damn thing numbed my whole left leg... didn't get feeling back in it for a week. I also pissed off a massive colony of ants when I was 8. I didn't get bit by any of them but just seeing how many ants came out terrified me from ever going to that side of the backyard till I was a bit older. Wish I could go back in time and pour molten aluminum down their hills, I'm curious to see how deep it actually was.

• Brohoof 3

13 minutes ago, Halberd said:

Was stung by a swarm of wasps when I was 9 years old. The worst part about it was that this happened on a public playground.

I've also been bitten by a rat snake. I was 21 and I accidentally stepped on it. The bite was not as painful as one would think, but you wouldn't know it by everyone else's reactions. My parents treated my wound like I was at risk of dying (I wasn't).

Aren't rat snakes the bitey ones? xD Not that I have ever had any major experience with them.

I haven't been attacked by anything major at all, but I am extremely cautious. I am terrified of wasps though, despite never being stung by any (yet). Same with bees, though they are far less aggressive. I just avoid anything that could potentially bother me. Though I would be glad to find some snakes, as long as I am not bitten by any harmful ones.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Foxy Socks said:

Aren't rat snakes the bitey ones? xD Not that I have ever had any major experience with them.

I haven't been attacked by anything major at all, but I am extremely cautious. I am terrified of wasps though, despite never being stung by any (yet). Same with bees, though they are far less aggressive. I just avoid anything that could potentially bother me. Though I would be glad to find some snakes, as long as I am not bitten by any harmful ones.

It's the only snake I've ever been bitten by, so I wouldn't know. I've heard that they are aggressive when cornered.

Either way, I now watch where I'm walking when I'm outside. This happened in the woods behind my house.

The crazy part is that I didn't know I had stepped on it until it bit me.

• Brohoof 1

Hm...can't say I've ever been attacked by anything. I did come face to face with a rather laid back raccoon last summer though..

So, I was at my aunt and uncle's cottage, visiting last summer to use the in ground pool they have. I asked if they still had bikes around. They said "Check the bat house"...so I went with a friend to the bat house, which was way back in some bushes on the property(It's a large property of about 100+ acres, most of it is forested area on a river bank) although, the way to the bat house was sitting on large flat slate rocks, roughly 20ft wide....anyways after getting to the Bat house, we opened the door and didn't even notice the raccoon at first until we looked around inside the bat house. There he was sitting up in the rafters alongside the wall, near the exit...He didn't make a sound or make any attempt to escape/attack. He just sat there and looked at us..

There's also some rather friendly chipmunks at the cottage, if you hold out some food they'll actually come up to you and eat it out of your hand.

• Brohoof 3

not excactly a bee hive, something much worse, a wasps nest.
was playing around on a farm, someone had piled up lots of rocks (used to hold down a grass cover for fermentation).
i lifted a rock and threw it at the rocks (felt like a rock farmer, that rocks).
and out of the pile of rocks, a swarm of wasps appeared.
don't think i've ever ran as fast in my life, still one of those bastards stung me...damn backstabber...

• Brohoof 3

I've been stung and bitten by individuals, but never the whole mob.

As for skunks, I went over one driving and it stunk the car for some time.

• Brohoof 2

I've found myself covered in nasty ants a few times while camping. Not fun. Also I once had a fire ant sneak up my leg. :blink:

Back in high school there was a skunk that would love to run out in the middle of the road while I was riding the bus home from school. More than once, the little bastard sprayed the bus. :okiedokieloki:

I haven't directly encountered wild snakes apart from little garter snakes, but when I was a little kid I saw my mom get ambushed by a pretty big bull snake in our garden. My dad was able to lure it into a bucket and toss it in a nearby field.

• Brohoof 3

I got bit by fire ants when I was 4 and wearing sandles and stepped on them streaming through some crack in the ground. I remember crying and stomping about to get them off or something. Sorta my fault but I was 4 and watched action shows lol.

I hope no mammals ever attack me tho, because rabies is a scary thought.

• Brohoof 3

Although it wasn't strictly an 'attack' (thankfully) I have had a herd of inquisitive cows follow me across a field a few times - which is fine, for the most part, except when they start cutting off the route out of the field and are slowly surrounding you. That is a bit unnerving, especially as if cows charge then they are quite dangerous, but thankfully some energetic arm waving was enough to make a corridor and effect a hasty retreat.

• Brohoof 4

As in a wild animal? Yes. I saved a gopher from a stray cat as a child and it bit me. As an adult, I understand that it was frightened of me and didn't understand that I had saved it. As a kid, I thought it was mean and ungrateful.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 2

I've had some geese hiss at me in the park, but that's about it.

it's a good thing they didn't attack me too because I was with the kind of friend that would have no problem punting one of those demonic bird-spawns like a football to protect me XD

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Hocus Pocus said:

I've had some geese hiss at me in the park, but that's about it.

it's a good thing they didn't attack me too because I was with the kind of friend that would have no problem punting one of those demonic bird-spawns like a football to protect me XD

I pet a goose once

I was attacked by my own damn parakeet! The mofo dive bombed my head when I told him he couldn't eat my linguine anymore Q.Q

hqdefault.jpg

^they may look cute and innocent at first but don't believe the act! It is a lie!

• Brohoof 3