Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been attacked by a critter?

Balt

What have you experieced  

27 users have voted

1. 1. What attacked you?

• Angry bee hive attack
    • Skunk spray attack
    • Ant hill attack.
    • other.
  2. 2. Tell Story?

• Sure why not.
    • No it's embarresing enough i voted for the option
  3. 3. For those with skunk what did you use

• Tomato juice
    • Beer
    • hydrogen pryoxide, baking soda, and dish soap.
    • didn't vote that, stupid

while staying at my relative's place, there were ants everywhere in the restroom and some were crawling over me. Talk about a restroom harassment. 

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, TBD said:

while staying at my relative's place, there were ants everywhere in the restroom and some were crawling over me. Talk about a restroom harassment. 

Not a ton but there are some in my bathroom.

I was kinda attacked by an opossum once when I was visiting Florida. I was only about 8 at the time but me and my brother heard a weird noise behind the cabin we were staying at and it was this opossum which ran at us. It made a really loud noise and my brother jumped over the railing of the porch to get out of there. I wasn't big enough to get over it so I ran around to the front of the cabin where my parents were.

• Brohoof 3

I don't generally consider bees to be 'critters' but since that's an option I guess it applies to me. When I was a little younger, I was mowing the lawn for my parents (which was normally my brother's job) and I mowed right over the top of a bees' nest. It was just a hole in the ground so I didn't see it until they all came swarming out at me. I got stung a LOT. They got under my shirt, in my hair and got stuck all over my clothes. It was horrible. I ran inside so my dad could get them off me and the poor man got stung as well by the bees I brought inside with me. I felt pretty bad, but at least my brother, who is allergic to bee stings, chose the right moment to be someplace else. :please:

I also got surprised by a raccoon in a public restroom at a park once, but it didn't attack so that doesn't count. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

well not a woodland critter, but i was attacked by an animal. 

We had a large ginger cat come into our garden a few times, (i was 7) but none of our own cats seemed to fight him off their patch, so just asumed he was alright to go pet. He let me pet him for a while then I reached for the chest fluff and he freaking went savage and sunk his teeth into my hand and scratched me at the same time, but he was locked onto my hand until my Dad came running at him and he ran off.  First and only time I think i'd ever had to go to A&E. It was my right hand too so I was off school because I couldnt use my hand, it got slightly infected at one point and I just remember being in horrendous pain and I remember the smell of whatever antiseptic treatment they put on my hand and the mix of pus with it. But it healed in the end and i never lost the use of my hand from it at all, its 100%, just got some puncture mark scars on either side. 

actually looking at the underside scar, he very nearly got a vein *shivers*

I have a slight wary to ginger cats now from it. 

• Brohoof 2

20 hours ago, Hocus Pocus said:

I've had some geese hiss at me in the park, but that's about it.

it's a good thing they didn't attack me too because I was with the kind of friend that would have no problem punting one of those demonic bird-spawns like a football to protect me XD

You wouldn't think it but Geese have a nasty bite. We went to a petting zoo during a kindergarten field trip and I was feeding one. It got my finger all bloody. X(

• Brohoof 3

not really anything big, mostly insects like horseflies and ticks

1 hour ago, ScruffyTheStallion said:

i once went into a cave when I visited mexico and got bit by a huge rat! (overreacting XD) it was big tho and it bit me >.>

I hope you got a rabies shot afterwards

• Brohoof 3

21 minutes ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

I got bitten by my Guinea Pig once. That does count as an attack, right?

( I admittedly cried pretty hard . Don't judge me )

I bled a lot when that happened to me but it didn't hurt

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, simba86 said:

not really anything big, mostly insects like horseflies and ticks

I hope you got a rabies shot afterwards

yeah,I went into a clinic and they gave my a few shots,I all good now tho XD

• Brohoof 3

I got attacked by a roach. I sprayed air freshener on it in hopes it would die, but nope. It got angry. It charged right for me.

Never in my life have I ran so quickly.

I probably have more embarrassing stories (like how I accidentally revived a bug by throwing water on it), but I'll share those later.

• Brohoof 3

When I was 10 I tried to pet a duck that suddenly appeared behind a friend's fenced backyard and it bit me. I learned that day that duck bills are serrated, and their bites can hurt. Now I smile every time I see a cooked duck served on a table.

• Brohoof 3

On 4/19/2017 at 5:17 PM, Atelier said:

I got attacked by a roach. I sprayed air freshener on it in hopes it would die, but nope. It got angry. It charged right for me.

Never in my life have I ran so quickly.

I probably have more embarrassing stories (like how I accidentally revived a bug by throwing water on it), but I'll share those later.

Hey roaches are pure evil! 

The second story is one I definitely need to hear.

• Brohoof 2

As a youngster, I was at an outdoor adventure camp and we took a nature hike in a woodsy area. I remember accidentally putting my hand over a bee nest while climbing up a rocky area and receiving a very painful surprise.

Yesterday, though, I was outside and felt something on my head. I reached up and felt a bee. Luckily, I wasn't stung! There was much rejoicing. ;) 

• Brohoof 4

Okay time for the second story!

I was walking into my bathroom and into the tub for no reason....

And i see this bug with a bunch of legs?!?!

I throw water on it from my sink (repeatedly)

Eventually, it does stop moving. I decide that it's dead, and throw more water on it to hopefully, push it down the drain.

Soon it begins to move again ( :( ) and I then, me and the probably the bug, screamed.

• Brohoof 3

When I was little- I mean reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally little, like three to five, I used to collect grasshoppers. I kept them in cup holders or just in my hands, not realizing how bad the former was until the umpteenth time their legs came off. One day, I stuck one in the mailbox and forgot about it. Sometime later, I was playing outside and decided to see if there was anything in the mailbox. As soon as I opened it, the grasshopper jumped on my head. I started crying and fell over and scraped my knee really badly because I was so scared of the poor thing.

To this day, I can't look a grasshopper in the eye.

• Brohoof 2

51 minutes ago, pumpkazin said:

When I was little- I mean reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally little, like three to five, I used to collect grasshoppers. I kept them in cup holders or just in my hands, not realizing how bad the former was until the umpteenth time their legs came off. One day, I stuck one in the mailbox and forgot about it. Sometime later, I was playing outside and decided to see if there was anything in the mailbox. As soon as I opened it, the grasshopper jumped on my head. I started crying and fell over and scraped my knee really badly because I was so scared of the poor thing.

To this day, I can't look a grasshopper in the eye.

How did a cup holder make their legs fall off?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Foxy Socks said:

How did a cup holder make their legs fall off?

Oh, I had a cup holder in the car that had a lid. I don't know how their legs came off, I guess they just got themselves stuck?

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, pumpkazin said:

Oh, I had a cup holder in the car that had a lid. I don't know how their legs came off, I guess they just got themselves stuck?

I thought so as they could get sticky, and the poor things may have pulled their legs off. 

1 hour ago, Ammilbur said:

Okay time for the second story!

I was walking into my bathroom and into the tub for no reason....

And i see this bug with a bunch of legs?!?!

I throw water on it from my sink (repeatedly)

Eventually, it does stop moving. I decide that it's dead, and throw more water on it to hopefully, push it down the drain.

Soon it begins to move again ( :( ) and I then, me and the probably the bug, screamed.

Did they disappear after that? :P Off topic but I like to take most bugs/insects/spiders outside if I can. Unfortunately I sometimes accidentally kill them. :(

Edited by Foxy Socks
redundancy
  • Brohoof 1

When i was a young kid my mom and i where over at someones house visiting them. I remember going outside and walking near their garage and i saw a dog in there chewing on a bike tire. The moment the dog spotted me it snarled and proceeded to run me down and attack me. The dog only managed to bite my hand before the owner came out of the house and got the dog under control. My hand had a scar in the middle of my palm from where one of the dogs teeth sunk in. I had that scar for many years until it eventually went away. That was the only real notable animal attack i ever really experienced and i want it to be my last. No telling what that aggressive, territorial dog could have done to me had i been completely alone. 

Edited by DayShadow
  • Brohoof 2