Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's Your Most Memorable Video Game Music?

Cl0udChaser

Hotline Miami has a great OST. The game's not for me, but I have spent many hours listening to the music. My favorite's probably Silver Lights by Coconuts.

As for games with pre-existing songs for the soundtrack, there's the old Tony Hawk games, at least up to Underground 2. And, if you're a metalhead, Brutal Legend's soundtrack is pretty much the holy grail.

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, most memorable single song would have to be "City Escape" from Sonic Adventure 2 or "Lament of the Highborne" from World of Warcraft: Bruning Crusade. My most memorable soundtrack in general goes to Dark Souls 3 or Halo 2. Just superb soundtracks all around.
Honorable mention to the rest of the Burning Crusade soundtrack though.

• Brohoof 1

Rules for this list: Only one track per series, must have been to the point of listening to it in game. This list is not in a specific order.

• Mario Kart Double Dash!!- Rainbow Road (IMO the best Rainbow Road, not only for this reason.)
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2- Brine Cave (The Ocean's imitation of Green Day is back in town!)
  • Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Anthem of Braves (The whole game's soundtrack was ingeniously composed.)
  • Pokémon DPPt- Twinleaf Town (Hard choice between this and the Nighttime theme of the Pokémon League.)
  • Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story- In the Final (Absolutely phenomenal final boss theme that's remixed a LOT.)
  • Donkey Kong 64- DK Isle (I believe this is even more memorable than SM64's Dire, Dire Docks...)
  • Final Fantasy 4- Red Wings (Well written piece I listen to quite often. From an amazing game.)
  • Banjo-Kazooie- Spiral Mountain (Spy-ro the Moun-tain goat! XD)

Edited by Nerdy Luigi

There are two videogames that have the most memorable soundtrack to me. There are a lot of soundtracks I like, but these are the best. 

The most memorable video game music to me will always have to be this one 

That final battle, it was just so shaping for me. The fantasy behind it as you are battling against your ultimate enemy, the final one in the game. I really loved it as I finished Kingdom Hearts 2. 

An all-time favorite of mine has always been Aquatic Ambience from Donkey Kong Country. Ever since I was really young I have found this track to be relaxing and peaceful.

And while this might not be a music masterpiece or anything, the main menu theme from Sim Theme Park still sticks with me quite a bit:

I'M STIIIIIILLLLLL IN A DREEAAAAAAAAM SNAAAAAKE EEEEAAAATERRRRRRRRRR

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 2

RULES OF NATURE! The first boss battle theme from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. It's incredibly awesome and fits the fight perfectly, especially since they make sure the chorus plays at the correct moment.

My favorite one of all time is still Ganon's boss battle theme from Ocarina of Time, though, simply because it sounds so epic and fits the scenery and atmosphere so well.

• Brohoof 1

There is but one song that fits this description. While there are a lot of great songs out there only one gets inexorably stuck in my head, to the point I hear it in my sleep and sing it near daily.

Why? You tell me. It's not even necessarily a good song. It's just so easily stuck.

• Brohoof 1

I have a few, first one that comes to mind:

^Was always the stage I would die at as a kid. I remember developing the fixation on the music as I just KNEW I heard something very similar to it before. This is when I was like 3-6 years old no less xD Eventually, around the time I reached 7-8 years of age, I finally figured out what the melody reminded me of:

^As a kid I would spend many hours in the car as my family needed to travel between states to go to work. This song would pop up on the radio at least once a day and if I was lucky, I'd hear it before I got dropped of at school xD So, yeah just a little nostalgic story there; I'll post more memorable songs later~ /)^3^(\