Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Equestria Girls feeling empty without Princess Twilight?

Lonely Fanboy48

I know the spin off series is getting better, but I feel dump down after watching these movies. Because of the things are changing and Princess Twilight not appearing at all. It just feels empty since LOE came out. I made Reviews of this on Youtube and LOE is the weaker in my opinion.

Look, I get that there trying to make EG getting better with it's identity but that's the problem for me. The 1st 2 movies were find but after that, it feels sad. Especially that Flash Sentry got over Princess Twilight even that Princess Twilight isn't aware of that. Why that's a problem? Because it just feels hammered in. I know it's supposed to be a good scene but it just feels cruel when the 2 never talk to each other about this. If there suppose to make the 2 series apart they should fix stuff before the tough love thing. This really made me feel bad for Flash now. Now I'm not a shipper between Twilight and Flash, but I don't hate Flash, He's just a something that EG have for original characters. My ideas in the specials is that Princess Twilight should know that Flash move on. If that happens with them talking, I would be fine with that. I know there's little info we have in the Specials but they should fix everything that happen in LOE.

But if it doesn't happen, then this will get dumb down.

Edited by Lonely Fanboy48

Nah, if anything I feel leaving out Princess Twilight is for the best. It makes it feel like EQG can stand on it's own

• Brohoof 3

18 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Nah, if anything I feel leaving out Princess Twilight is for the best. It makes it feel like EQG can stand on it's own

Well thanks for making this even more dumb down for me. no offense 

I feel like the pony/human interaction is what made Equestria Girls interesting in the first place. Without it, you've basically got generic magical girl nonsense, and there are probably better examples out there if I want to find them. People talk about Equestria Girls "standing on its own," but so far the movies have, to my eyes at least, struggled to provide any identity not directly linked to Equestria. I care about this series because I care about Sunset making up for what she's done and reconsidering her life, and because I want to see characters from the show in a new context. I don't care about humans with superpowers unless they're weirdly pony-related, and if that's what the movies want to move towards, I'm not sure how long my interest will last. 

I think the writers want Equestria Girls to be able to stand on its own feet and not have to rely on the show to hold its hand hence why Princess Twilight has slowly been written out and Sci-Twi effectively taking her place as the resident Twilight. Personally, I feel this is a mixed blessing that could go either way depending on how the three specials this year extend the story beyond Legend of Everfree. I want Sunset to reconcile with Princess Celestia now more than ever before but this current direction might make such a thing impossible unless Sunset take the initiative and goes back on her own or is invited to come back.

• Brohoof 2

I am fine without Princess Twilight being in the films, because now it feels like the franchise can stand on its own, and not have to rely on FIM to hold its hand, however I do think it would be pretty interesting to see the two Twilights interact with each other, and I have been missing some Sunset and Twilight interaction for a while now.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/20/2017 at 0:00 PM, Whompy Whomperson said:

except, yanno.....the bleeding in of Equestrian magic, the Equestrian sirens, the equestrian pony who came from Equestria and is now a human who chooses to stay there.....

• Brohoof 1

Quite the opposite, from my viewpoint. Princess Twilight felt kinda forced in even in the first film, though that was a necessary thing in order to establish the alternate world. By Rainbow Rocks, though, it felt like she was just there to link the movie back to Equestria and the mane series. Bringing in Sci-Twi was the best decision, both since Sunset's pretty much the main character in the EQG and because then there isn't a need to force in Pony Twi for the sake of it.  

• Brohoof 1

Nope. It actually got more distinctive w/ movies 3 & 4. And sci-twi was a more intriguing character, the human element in what is essentially 6 ponies (and the humane 5 might as well be ponies. Sunset acts more human than they do), really exposing how Equestria and it's magic would be viewed from the human perspective and how it would impact someones life.