Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starbucks selling unicorn food. Thoughts on the trend?

ManaMinori

Has anyone tried the new Unicorn Food Frappe at Starbucks? What are your thoughts on it? (I just tried it twice today, and it was....unexpected) Has anyone gotten into the trend, elsewhere? What other places do you know getting in on the trend? What are your thoughts on "unicorn food" in general? 

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 2

I bought one yesterday, it was okay.

I mean, its pretty and I like that it has a berry-like taste. The sour sprinkly things were nice too. Otherwise, I'm not extremely wow-ed by it.

As for unicorn food, I say make more!

I just saw a picture of the drink yesterday. I must say, it is absolutely beautiful! :love: I don't think I'd want to load my body up with all of those sugary ingredients, though. I am a fan of pastel colors, so unicorn-themed anything will most likely catch my attention. I have noticed the "unicorn hair" trend, and I draw art inspiration from some of it. While I would never dye my own hair a bunch of colors, I still have a deep appreciation for other people's creativity. :) 

• Brohoof 2

Yes I had one. I usually drink my coffee black so you can imagine I wasn't that big a fan, but my son was. It was fine and all, just a tad sweeter than my preference.

I also have seen few friends on Facebook enjoying them so I assume it's just my pallet. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, zerox said:

heard on tv that it sucked. full of sugar and nothing else. very good for your body. not

not even fruit and veggies are good, with all the pesticides and whatnot. 

live a little

I don't really good to starbucks very often, so I haven't really tried the unicorn food there.

Plus I barely even know that this whole unicorn food trend even exists, to be honest.  If it wasn't for these forums, I wouldn't even know it exists.

On 4/20/2017 at 1:41 PM, The Shyest One said:

I bought one yesterday, it was okay.

I mean, its pretty and I like that it has a berry-like taste. The sour sprinkly things were nice too. Otherwise, I'm not extremely wow-ed by it.

As for unicorn food, I say make more!

I'm surprised My Donalds and other fast food joints haven't gotten in on the trend yet

I first heard about this drink, I thought that it was fake. However, I then found out that a news channel discussed it and that was when I came to the conclusion that this drink was, in fact, real. I ended up purchasing one (small) this previous Thursday. It is a rather odd flavor combination...From what I have read from an online source, it is supposed to be of a fruit flavor, specifically mango. However, it also much sour flavoring added. To me, it tastes like a vanilla milkshake with Warheads blended into it with extra sour. It is just such an odd combination that I really can't decide if I liked it or not. 

Whoa. The Starbucks thing looks pretty but I bet it tastes shit. Reminds me of all the colorful yet tasteless cheap candy. D:

Either way, I'm trying it this weekend! XD (If it's available in my country!)