Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the lack of FlutterSpike episodes weird?

ManaMinori

given how Flutters reacted to Spike in the very first episoe of season 1, we still haven't seen very many episodes (if at all) with just Fluttershy bonding with Spike. It's always him with either Twilight or Rarity. Is this weird for anyone else that FlutterSpike hasn't been pushed as it should've? 

• Brohoof 1

Yes, it's definitely weird. In seasons 1-3 it would have been great! Now? I don't trust Spike being left alone with Fluttershy anymore; she's turned into an A grade passive aggressive bitch :o Spike deserves better lol

I think that the primary focus of spike was his love interest with rarity and his own personal character development arc. "Flutterspike" took a huge backseat while the writers really started to flesh out him as a character, and his interest in rarity!

36 minutes ago, Frozen The Unicorn said:

I think that the primary focus of spike was his love interest with rarity and his own personal character development arc. "Flutterspike" took a huge backseat while the writers really started to flesh out him as a character, and his interest in rarity!

Yeah well that character arc is done, we know what Spike's relationship with Rarity is, unless we see him get tired of her I don't see any more reasons for those two to share another episode, they already had two. He still needs more character interactions with other characters that are not Twilight or Rarity. So maybe a FlutterSpike episode might be nice to see! He hangs with the Mane Six, so why doesn't he hang with all of them individually? 

There's been several Twilight & Spike episodes and Rarity & Spike episodes, and at least one shared with Applejack  (Spike at Your Service). The other half of the Mane Six don't even have a full shared episode with him. At best, the other half only share a few scenes together with the young dragon.

With Pinkie Pie:Co-commentators in Fall Weather Friends and Pinkie interrogated Spike in Party of One.

With Rainbow Dash: Dash asked Spike to ghostwrite her autobiography in Mysterious Mare Do Well. Dash, along with Twilight and Rarity, followed Spike on his Dragon Quest.

With Fluttershy: Other than the very first episode of FiM (where Shy opens up the first time she sees him), I can only think of 2 episodes where we see some personal interactions. In a bit of a subplot in Feeling Pinkie Keen, Spike fears Fluttershy might be in great danger ("Can you explode twice?"). In Scare Master, Spike (as well as his costume's 2nd head) encouraged Fluttershy to partake in the Nightmare Night fun!

In short, I agree that Spike needs more interactions with Pinkie, Dash, and Shy!

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Frozen The Unicorn said:

that wasn't even a focus. It was a running gag, at best, and beaten into a dead horse. 

Spike also might need an episode or two with Starlight and the CMCs. It wouldn't hurt! Maybe some more episodes with Thorax and Ember too, cause I loved their interactions with him! I don't want their interactions to be a one time thing. I already got a bit upset because Thorax and Spike didn't interact in the season 7 premiere, and he would just be a friend of Starlight's. Don't forget, Starlight hated Thorax before Spike stood up for him, so he can't forget his FIRST friend!

No because the writers have more or less fused Spike with Twi/Rarity at this point since those two are the only characters they ever bother to pair him with, despite the potential he has with the others 

Huh, that is pretty strange. You'd think at least one episode would come from that conversation, but I guess not. Maybe the creators wanted to stop shipping. (It's probably too late though [I haven't checked for FlutterSpike]. Nowadays, if a character talks with anyone, they're automatically shipped with them.)

I would really like to see Spike interact with members of the mane 6 outside of Twilight and Rarity for a change, and given how well the two interacted in the first episode, I would definitely enjoying seeing a Spike/Fluttershy episode for a change.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:03 PM, WiiGuy2014 said:

With Fluttershy: Other than the very first episode of FiM (where Shy opens up the first time she sees him), I can only think of 2 episodes where we see some personal interactions. In a bit of a subplot in Feeling Pinkie Keen, Spike fears Fluttershy might be in great danger ("Can you explode twice?"). In Scare Master, Spike (as well as his costume's 2nd head) encouraged Fluttershy to partake in the Nightmare Night fun!

And one other: In "Just For Sidekicks" Fluttershy is the initial pony that came to him with a request for pet-sitting the evil bunny. The two of them have a nice little scene together, despite his lack of interest in Angel and only caring about the big green gem she brings as payment.

Actually, that whole episode is a showcase for mini-interactions with the Mane 6+CMC and Spike. Too bad the episode is mostly about Spike biting off more than he can chew when it comes to pet-sitting. Any now we're getting almost the same premise again in today's episode, except it's Twilight with the lesson to learn this time! =P

• Brohoof 1

Why would she be interested in Spike interaction? For her he is just a little kid. In the first episode she was just surpised to see a real dragon for the first time. She wasn't interested in him as a person but simply as another animal. Her real interest is in Discord. He is also unique while being adult and charming.

Fluttershy was just faschinated by a new cute creature, she was but was not interested in Spike's personality. There isn't any particular story reason for them to interact. But its interesting how little Spike interacts with Mane 6 who aren't Twilight or Rarity, it is not bad however, you shouldn't force interaction just because the characters are prominent and know each other.

2 hours ago, snowflame said:

Fluttershy was just faschinated by a new cute creature, she was but was not interested in Spike's personality. There isn't any particular story reason for them to interact. But its interesting how little Spike interacts with Mane 6 who aren't Twilight or Rarity, it is not bad however, you shouldn't force interaction just because the characters are prominent and know each other.

that's not true. If she wasn't interested in his personality, then she wouldn't have asked to hear his whole life story.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

that's not true. If she wasn't interested in his personality, then she wouldn't have asked to hear his whole life story.

She was fashicnated by him so she just wanted lean any new info of him you do if you find some really novel and interesting. She asked him to tell more of himself even before she any of personality and wasn't faschinated by any specific thing he told and has not interacted him after. I am not saying she dislikes him but she was intererested in a dragon baby not Spike.

33 minutes ago, snowflame said:

She was fashicnated by him so she just wanted lean any new info of him you do if you find some really novel and interesting. She asked him to tell more of himself even before she any of personality and wasn't faschinated by any specific thing he told and has not interacted him after. I am not saying she dislikes him but she was intererested in a dragon baby not Spike.

You make it sound like their not friends though. They're great friends! They bonded alot of times in the series! But it is odd that they didn't share an episode. Maybe at first she was interested in his dragon ways, but they get along pretty well! But with Spike not having more bonding times with the rest of the Mane Six, it makes me wonder why he hangs with them. Why doesn't he get his own group of friends, if he hasn't already? He's got Big Mac, so that's a start of a group! Ember and Thorax too would be good choices if they weren't busy running their own kingdoms. What happened to Snips and Snails?

8 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

You make it sound like their not friends though. They're great friends! They bonded alot of times in the series! But it is odd that they didn't share an episode. Maybe at first she was interested in his dragon ways, but they get along pretty well! But with Spike not having more bonding times with the rest of the Mane Six, it makes me wonder why he hangs with them. Why doesn't he get his own group of friends, if he hasn't already? He's got Big Mac, so that's a start of a group! Ember and Thorax too would be good choices if they weren't busy running their own kingdoms. What happened to Snips and Snails?

better question- what happened to Little Strongheart?

• Brohoof 1