Thoughts on "A Flurry of Emotions"  

171 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Nope. Definitely more of a flurry than a blizzard. >_>
    • Not really...
    • It's just meh...so meh.
    • I enjoyed it well enough.
    • YES!!! You could say it was flurry-rific! <3

I loved Twilight's attempts to be the "Best Aunt Ever". The scenes with her just playing with Flurry were simply adorable. Flurry's attempts to make a toy bear dance like Twilight did made me smile with pure delight. Anyone who has watched a baby play would recognize that Flurry actually did a very good job in matching what Twilight had done.

On a more analytical note, Twilight, Shining, and Cadence must be very glad that the precocious foal can generate an impenetrable force bubble when frightened. A curious magic user able to teleport instantly from her parent's or aunt's sight would need such a defense mechanism  to survive.   

I think this was one of the best "slice of life" episodes in the entire series.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 7

52 minutes ago, Jeric said:

The way Twilight scolded her is usually not the way an adult should do that with a child that age. Flurry's reaction and Twilight's realization and response seemed very very very natural because every parent slips up like this and instantly regrets it. It was also a touching moment. 

Twilight should NOT have scolded Flurry Heart like that. Well, yeah, somepony could have gotten hurt, but do you think Flurry Heart is going to understand that right away? It takes time! Yes, I know I like Twilight, but Flurry Heart is only a BABY for crying out loud.  She lost her favorite toy and Twilight was so caught up with being at the hospital that she didn't even pay any attention.  Watching over a child is the top priority of any responsible adult.  

Heck, I love Twilight, she's my favorite character, but she was a complete idiot in this episode.  If she had any common sense, she should have sent Spike to the hospital in her place and remained at the castle with Flurry Heart.  Of course, she did just that at the end, but that is absolutely no excuse for what happened leading up to it.  I will confess that I am a sensitive individual who has gotten upset to the point of crying after being yelled at.  It bugs me greatly and I could strongly sympathize with Flurry Heart.  I mean, if I had lost a favorite toy, would my caretaker be so kind enough as to drop whatever she was doing and help her find it?  

Twilight, you are bound to have a bad episode and this is it, unfortunately.

• Brohoof 2

Today's episode is alright.  Not nearly as cringe worthy as I was expecting, but not the best episode ever either.  I'll give it a pass though.  I was entertained, I just don't think it's the most memorable.  I mean, ok, OP demon baby is still OP, and I was reminded of a terrifyingly large Flurry Heart doll I saw once at Walmart...but in the grand scheme of things, I think this episode is just alright.

SA: Is this art…orrrrrr…a mistake?

I think a good chunk of people have this same feeling regarding modern or abstract art, SA.

Me? Not one of 'em. :P (Major fan of Jackson Pollock's abstract expressionism, BTW.)

"A Thousand Nights in a Hallway."

I may disagree with the presentation (being a large, flat black canvas), but Spearhead has a point about art. Anything can be art, and one important point in art is how people react to it. There are so many genres of art, and many of them are greatly important to society.

If you wanna know what I mean, pop art, abstract expressionism, impressionism, cubism, ready-mades, to name a few.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

45 minutes ago, Jeric said:

The secondary moral of "try and give people advance notice" was a welcome little touch. 

I was happy to hear Shining and Cadance apologize for that and promise not to do it again. I was kind of annoyed with the two of them for dumping Flurry onto Twilight with no notice whatsoever, however it didn't bother me as much as the episode went on since Twilight seemed to be enjoying her time with her neice despite the "mischief" she was causing.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, MovieLord101 said:

Sorry. I didn't know. I removed the message in the post. Please unquote it.

Thank you very much. You should go back and edit your post to me.

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:

I think a good chunk of people have this same feeling regarding modern or abstract art, SA.

Me? Not one of 'em. :P (Major fan of Jackson Pollock's abstract expressionism, BTW.)

"A Thousand Nights in a Hallway."

I may disagree with the presentation (being a large, flat black canvas), but Spearhead has a point about art. Anything can be art, and one important point in art is how people react to it. There are so many genres of art, and many of them are greatly important to society.

If you wanna know what I mean, pop art, abstract expressionism, impressionism, cubism, ready-mades, to name a few.

I loved how Shining Armor got "A Thousand Nights in a Hallway.". Shared experience would be important between artist and viewer. 

This episode was as cute as Flurry herself! I loved it! Flurry has gotten more powerful it seems, and has matured much faster than Pound and Pumpkin Cake have. I really hope that milk that Flurry sprayed at Twilight wasn't Cadence's. Because that would be super awkward.

• Brohoof 2

shining_armor_and_flurry_heart_by_mysticalpha-db6n82a.jpg

Good afternoon everypony, and welcome back to another edition of "Batbrony Reviews."  Today we've got the first normal episode of Season 7 proper, following the two season premiere episodes, and I'm very pleased to say that this was a delightful episode indeed.  That's particularly important for the third episode of a season because, in past seasons, I've noticed that very often the third episode of any given season very much sets the tone for the general level of quality one encounters or can expect to encounter throughout the season.  This was definitely one of the best third episodes of a new season the show has had in some time, so without further ado, let's begin.  This is "A Flurry of Emotions."

1401546__safe_princess+flurry+heart_a+flurry+of+emotions_spoiler-colon-s07e03_jackass_shopping+cart.png

Hi, I'm Batbrony, and this is Flurry Heart... welcome to 'Jackass'!!!

Alright, so the most important aspect of this episode was the first really full-episode feature of Flurry Heart since her first debut in "The Crystalling" last season.  While I found her to be perfectly harmless when she first showed up last season, there were a fair number of bronies who, to this day, weren't too crazy about her.  They thought she was just there for the sake of having an annoying baby character and weren't crazy about her being an alicorn either, and I always thought that was a little unfair to her as a character, even if the threat she presented in her debut was a little ridiculous.  That said, we didn't really get much else of her after those two episodes, so the show hadn't really given her defenders much of a chance since then to really justify her existence.  Today I'm glad to say that that has been fully rectified with this episode.  Flurry Heart was not only even more adorable and hilarious than when she first showed up, but was also still believable as a young foal while clearly having grown and developed (at least by baby standards) quite a bit since when we saw her in her debut when she was only days old.  She has long-term memory now, better control over her magic, and even something of a personality, and given the passage of time since she first appeared, this all makes sense.  But despite these new additions to her, she still behaved as a foal her age should, and what we got was a foal character that felt very natural and well-put together.  I was also very impressed that the show didn't try to pretend like Flurry Heart even had to learn a lesson here; oh sure, Twilight lectured her at the end, but that was largely just to calm her down in the moment because, well, she's a baby still and can only learn so much at this point in time.  Overall, I thought that Princess McFlurry was an absolute treat to watch this time around, and Tabitha St. Germain's splendid voice work on her did not hurt in the slightest either, hay, I'd even say it was a better job than her first time around!  So all in all I was very pleased with how Flurry Heart's return went, and I do hope we get to see more of her going forward (although I should note that I really hope the show at some point lets foal characters actually get older, because it makes NO sense that the Cake Twins are still around Flurry's age.  Heck, the first episode of the season pointed out why it makes no sense; Celestia mentioned that it has clearly been years since the show started in Equestrian time, and the Cake Twins have been around since Season 2, WHEN ARE THEY GONNA GET OLDER IN THE SHOW?!  But I digress).

Oh, also, before we move on, if you thought this show couldn't find anymore ways to jam-pack adorableness into a 22 minute episode of MLP, then you were quite pleasantly surprised by how cute this episode was.  I mean, come on, take a look at this!

1418918__safe_screencap_princess+flurry+heart_a+flurry+of+emotions_spoiler-colon-s07e03_alicorn_animated_clapping.gif

1418873__safe_screencap_princess+flurry+heart_a+flurry+of+emotions_spoiler-colon-s07e03_alicorn_animated_behaving+like+a+dog_cute_flurrybetes_hnnng_loo.gif

1418692__safe_screencap_princess+flurry+heart_a+flurry+of+emotions_spoiler-colon-s07e03_alicorn_animated_cute_flurrybetes_one+eye+closed_wink.gif

1418654__safe_screencap_princess+flurry+heart_spike_twilight+sparkle_a+flurry+of+emotions_spoiler-colon-s07e03_alicorn_animated_biting_cute_ear+bite_ea.gif

Sweet Celestia, that's A LOT of cute!!! :love:

Anyways, moving on we come to the main character of this episode, Twilight.  Through this first three episodes of this season, I've actually been quite pleased to find that the lessons that Twilight's been learning don't seem to be (1) redundant for her, or (2) something she should have learned already.  I bring this up because last season, while an excellent season all around, had quite a few instances of characters in the Mane 6 learning lessons that they really should have known by that point in the show, and oftentimes they came off as either jerks or stupid because of it.  Now while it may still be early in the new season, the fact that Twilight has been handled so well in the lesson department is an encouraging sign, to say the least.  Both lessons make sense as being ones she might have to learn at this point in the show.  She'd only just gotten used to being Starlight's teacher last season, so obviously having to let a student go on to her next step in life was something which she'd never done before and needed to learn how to do.  Likewise, in this episode we see that Twilight still has a lot to learn about being a responsible aunt, especially when she doesn't see Flurry Heart all that often, which can make it easy for her to just want to be a fun aunt for the young filly, but as we saw today, she doesn't have much experience with full-time care of a foal that age, much less a relative, and couldn't just try to squeeze her into her already packed schedule.  A foal Flurry's age needs 24/7 monitoring and care, and Twilight clearly underestimated how hard that'd be to do in this instance, especially while trying to juggle other responsibilities.  But like I said, this did not seem like a Season 1 or Season 2 Twilight problem, I could totally buy that she'd need to learn this now.  And the best part of it all in execution was that she learned it as the episode went on, not just all in one bunch at the end.  Season 1 or Season 2 Twilight would've tried to grin and bear it from start to ugly finish, maybe even deny until she absolutely couldn't any longer that anything was wrong at all.  But this is Season 7 Twilight, and by the time she got to the hospital, Twilight was already readily admitting that this day had gotten out of control and was quite the nightmare already, that she'd bucked up.  She was just trying to make the best of it at that point and get through the rest.  The only difference in the hospital scene was that Flurry finally caused enough of a disruption that Twilight needed to calm her down quite a few notches and admit to Flurry that she couldn't and shouldn't keep trying to drag her to all these places and just keep her off to the side.  It wasn't fair to Flurry, nor was it fair to the ponies Twilight was supposed to be helping or who were going out of their way to help Twilight, as evidenced by the toy store clerk, poor Cheerilee (whose mouth must just reek of chalk now, poor earth ponies and pegasi with no digits or levitation magic), and Pinkie Pie in Sugarcube Corner, along with the hospital staff and the sick fillies and colts at the hospital.  All in all, while not the deepest of lessons, I still really liked it just because I didn't mind that Twilight was learning it since it all made perfect sense.  Twilight's got a lot of experience in a lot of things at this point, but one thing she still doesn't have too much experience in is being a responsible aunt to her alicorn niece.  Very good lesson and very good characterization of Twilight.

large.png

Off to supporting characters, we had quite a bunch of good stuff to go around.  First, Spike was awesome.  I've really enjoyed his rising maturity levels over the last 3 seasons now, and I feel like mentoring Starlight to a certain extent (in a big brother kind of way, even if he's younger and smaller than her) has really contributed to that.  He's much more confident in his ability to have a situation under control now and he's still Twilight's #1 assistant as always, if not even better than ever, and here he just wasn't messing around.  He knew the second Twilight proposed letting Flurry tag along that it'd mess up their entire schedule and he also knew that wasn't a good idea for many reasons; sadly, because Twilight needed to learn a lesson and (more likely connected to show canon) because Twilight still has a bad habit of not usually listening to Spike's advice until it's too late, Twilight did not listen, but still, Spike was very enjoyable all the same.  He didn't seem too phased by Twilight not listening to him, which means he's either getting used to it or was just perfectly happy to watch everything blow up in her face instead. :yay:   He also had some fun bits with Flurry Heart, like this bit with the Cake Twins where Flurry and Spike desperately tried to intervene to no avail and get the Cake Twins to stop fighting...

1418629__safe_screencap_pound+cake_princess+flurry+heart_pumpkin+cake_spike_a+flurry+of+emotions_spoiler-colon-s07e03_animated_checklist_fight_hot+air+.gif

"You see this s*** going on over here, dragon-dude?  Mannnnnnnnnn, it's not good!"

I mean, c'mon, how funny is that s***?  Besides Spike we had a very fun subplot with Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, and I must say it's about damn time.  We've really only seen these two as a couple during season premiere or finale episodes, usually in the middle of some kind of a national crisis, so I was very gratified that we finally got to see these two, extensively, JUST as a couple doing couple things as they tried to get an afternoon to themselves to get a break from Flurry Heart.  Even better, I loved very much that the show was very real in that they went to something, an art show, which neither of them were particularly crazy about, but it was better than nothing at all and Twilight just happened to be in Ponyville too, so it worked, because that's just how much they needed a break from parenting a foal this age.  That was delightful in its accuracy, as I've heard of many a parental couple who get to a point when they have a young baby that they're willing to do anything if it means they're out of the house and get a day or an evening of a break from their parenting, even if it's not something they really like!  What was even more fun was the art show itself, namely because of Spearhead, Shining Armor's old Royal Guard buddy.  This guy was a blast!  As I said earlier, he's that rare type of "dude-bro" who, rather than being insufferable, was kind of awesome and hilarious; he wasn't full of himself, he just loves being a dude bro in every sense of the word, and I totally dug that.  His approach as an artist as well really worked for me.  Not the pieces themselves, but I kept seeing throughout this thread people commenting that they thought the writers were being snarky about modern art and people not liking it.  I think that's true to an extent, but I think it changed when Spearhead came in.  I don't think the writers were critiquing modern art, I think they were critiquing how some modern artists insist that their art have one interpretation alone.  THAT is what makes modern art really insufferable; not so much what it looks like (even if much of it is nowhere as impressive as classic pieces of art) but the idea that such vague and general art can only have one interpretation, which some insufferable modern artists do insist.  Spearhead here, however, made his art very accessible for others by insisting that enjoying his art was all about his patrons interpreting it as however they wished, injecting meaning into it that meant something to them.  His art meant something very specific to him, but he wasn't going to begrudge others having it mean something else to them, but rather encouraged it.  For such a seemingly simple character, and in a subplot no less, this was actually quite a nuanced and subtle message about how to appreciate art no matter what form you encounter it in.  For that, I have to give major props to the writers on such a well-written and fun new character.  I doubt we'll see more of him this season, but I wouldn't complain if we did, Spearhead was a blast!

1419017__safe_screencap_princess+cadance_shining+armor_spearhead_a+flurry+of+emotions_spoiler-colon-s07e03_alicorn_animated_hoofbump_unicorn.gif

You're cool in my book, Spearhead, you're cool.  Dude-on mah dude-bro! B)

To close out the supporting characters we had some fun appearances from Nurse Redheart (I seriously can't remember the last time she had a speaking role, and it was fun seeing her softer side this time around as opposed to when she made herself Pinkie's mortal enemy when the Cake Twins were born), a new toy store clerk who absolutely unloaded some sass on Twilight about proper organization (and yes, I loved it :lol:), Cheerilee who, as I mentioned earlier, got quite the shaft from having to write all those equations on a chalkboard all over again with the chalk in her mouth (but hey, at least Twilight is getting her apology cookies), but I do love getting to see Ponyville's favorite teacher getting small little bits like that now and then, really helps further bring the town alive when the supporting and background ponies there get to play more active roles, and finally a really funny scene with the Cake Twins and Pinkie Pie in which Flurry Heart had the most adorable, failed attempt ever at trying to teach the Cake Twins how to share (I'd count the hospital scene but there were so many background and supporting characters there that none really stood out aside from Redheart, and I guess we learned what the horsey hives are as well).  All in all, for a single episode, it was a pretty darn solid one as far as activity from supporting characters goes.

Besides that, I don't have too much else to mention.  The animation as usual was lovely and I continue to appreciate the experimentation we continue to see the animators engaging in, ESPECIALLY in some of the faces they throw into the show (which I should also credit the storyboard artists for considering that's where a lot of that starts I'm sure).  I mean, get a load of this face, can you even imagine seeing something like this in Season 1 or Season 2?

1419037__safe_screencap_princess+flurry+heart_a+flurry+of+emotions_spoiler-colon-s07e03_alicorn_animated_faic_loop.gif

That's hilarious... OK, one more

1418466__safe_princess+flurry+heart_a+flurry+of+emotions_spoiler-colon-s07e03_spaceballs+the+tag.jpeg

Perfection :orly:

Besides the facial animation, I was quite impressed by some of the magic animation in this episode, it was unusually ambitious for a slice-of-life episode.  Think about it, we had not one but two very powerful magic users (three if you count the few times Cadance used magic, but she barely did here), oftentimes using magic at the same time and sometimes on the same things, and one of them was also an infant, which meant that the magic had to look as though it were being employed, to some extent, by a baby who doesn't entirely know what she's doing all the time.  Very impressive, if I do say so myself, and it's hard to believe we've gotten all the way to this point in their magical animation since Season 1.  There was also a pretty neat reference to the G1 villain, Grogar (considered the second most evil G1 villain behind Tirek) in the story Twilight was telling to the fillies and colts at the hospital, but whether anything else comes of that remains to be seen.  He may be a canon character who shows up at some point, but for right now he's at the very least a fictional character in Equestrian lore, if not an actual historical one, we don't know.  If something more comes of that, it'll be very cool indeed that they mentioned him earlier this season.

Overall, this episode was a blast and a very, very, VERY solid third episode of the season, which bodes well for the entirety of Season 7.  I can't wait to see what comes next, but for now I'll settle for rewatching an episode as immensely enjoyable as this one.  This has been another edition of "Batbrony Reviews," everypony!  Until next time, everypony, this is Batbrony signing off.  I'm off! *cue dramatic exit*

• Brohoof 7

This was a good episode for Cadance, Shining Armor, and Flurry Heart to have their first major speaking appearance this season. We got some comedy out of Pinkie Pie, especially with being prepared for putting together apology packages, Flurry Heart was being the same mischievous tyke she wants to be, and we see just how much Cadance, Shining Armor, and Twilight care for Flurry Heart, especially after Twilight yelled at Flurry Heart and hurt her feelings and frightened her.

Everyone learned a valuable lesson from this regarding Flurry Heart and finding time to spend quality time with her and warn Twilight in advance of an impending babysitting duty, and I really liked the episode.

I give this episode a 9.5/10. I would give it a perfect 10, but something about Pinkie's apology logo just did not click with me.

@Batbrony

To continue talking about Spearhead, that was an excellent analysis of him, and I get what you're saying about one of the problem with some modern art today, or at least the attitude of some. Art, especially art as abstract as Spearhead's, isn't absolute, and it's too true in abstract and modern art. You can critique the quality of his craftsmanship how much you want, but there's no doubt that his work is well made. Art is very individual, and he understands that. While his accent is an archetypical "dude bro" accent, he isn't a stereotype at all.

• Brohoof 3

Well, Flurry Heart was handled much better.

At least, the dampening spell on her magic back in The Crystalling was not discarded. I liked how her disposition is noticeably different from the standard baby template as in Baby Cakes and she only threw one tantrum in the entire episode. All the other magical outburts were more due to the lack of self-control, which is perfectly understandable given her age.

The rest of the episode flowed naturally from the instant they left the castle - Twilight and Spike's constant sprint with the pram - the wonderful appearances by Redheart, Spearhead, Pound and Pumpkin and Cheerilee. I think Twilight was very clever in occupying Flurry while they were on task and when they were playing near the end. I believe she was being a little too hard on herself because she was admirably patient throughout the entire episode, and what with her, Spike, and a motley of sick foals being suspended in the air, it was only natural for her to snap at Flurry in order to force her to set them down before one of the foals fgot hurt. The only real criticism I can levy here is that once again, Twilight seems to delve too much into extremities.

I know that she is excited to see her niece, but her having to constantly declare that she is the world's best aunt, particularly at the beginning of the episode, or that Flurry is her favourite (and only) niece is an off-putting misrepresentation of her characteristic enthusiasm. I've noticed in recent seasons, these kinds of declarations make it seem as if she always needs to strive towards some kind of paragon in everything. It does not seem natural that that, moreso than her status as an alicorn princess of friendship, has made her feel a little different since Starlight started being her student (or maybe since Sci-Twi's first appearance). It's hard to accurately verbalize, but that particular aspect of her seemed to pop up from nowhere and has overstayed its welcome. It makes her seem corny, especially in last week's "team-building", when I thought the whole point was for them to have relax and have some lighted-heart fun for a change.

Anyway, other than that, Twilight, Pinkie and Spike were still gems this episode which exceeded expectations.

Edited by ShadowPhoenix
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Batbrony said:

He also had some fun bits with Flurry Heart, like this bit with the Cake Twins where Flurry and Spike desperately tried to intervene to no avail and get the Cake Twins to stop fighting...

1418629__safe_screencap_pound+cake_princess+flurry+heart_pumpkin+cake_spike_a+flurry+of+emotions_spoiler-colon-s07e03_animated_checklist_fight_hot+air+.gif

I had missed this little scene of her trying to get Spike's attention - I specifically watched the episode for a second time just to find it! This is the one of the few times the two of them have ever interacted with one another, and I love her body language here - it's probably her funniest scene in the series so far. It's like she's saying, "See? See? See? For the love of mommy do something about this ya purple scaly thingy!" :lol:

It's also cute that she sees Spike as an authority figure who can get stuff done. Some of that is probably her noting how he helps Twilight, but it also might be because she remembers him as the one of the ones who helped bring Sunburst and Thorax into her life?

In any case, the eternal question remains unanswered: Is he more like her uncle or more like her cousin? :orly:

2 hours ago, Batbrony said:

What was even more fun was the art show itself, namely because of Spearhead, Shining Armor's old Royal Guard buddy.  This guy was a blast!  As I said earlier, he's that rare type of "dude-bro" who, rather than being insufferable, was kind of awesome and hilarious; he wasn't full of himself, he just loves being a dude bro in every sense of the word, and I totally dug that.

Perhaps he should be introduced to Tree Hugger? Seems like the two of them might hit it off with their skewering of the English language! :lol:

• Brohoof 8

i THINK i MIGHT LIKE THIS EPISODE. I never was a fan of Flurry, but there are some cute moments with her, though I feel like she shouldn't be able to know such powerful magic as a baby, and know what she's doing (like with the  Cake twins, the grocery cart, the bed lifting. Just feels too fast. why does a baby need to be taught spells, anyway?

I like  Cadance's "that's what I said. Isn't that what I said?"line

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, this episode is a lot more impressive than it should've been. The synopsis and theme alone sound like an accident waiting to happen, but DHX actually pulls it off quite soundly.

Twilight and Spike are at their A-game. Spike's the straight man who has to remind Twilight of her schedule, and Twilight not only tries to listen to Spike and her checklist, but also take care of Flurry Heart. Clearly, she loves her niece. A lot of the actions seen, including Twilight playfully blowing on FH's tummy, are common.

One problem with Baby Cakes is how clichéd and dull the plot is and how generic the Cake twins were. Flurry Heart has plenty of personality. Even at her age, she's incredibly intelligent, yet she still can't deduce very complicated thinking, like finding an extra balloon rather than split it (thanks, @Jeric ;)). Sure, she had a tantrum, but it was quick and with reason. When Twilight isn't laying with her, she feels left out. And when her whammy's missing, she freaks out and searches for it in a major panic.

Shining, Cadance, and Spearhead are awesome. SA and Cadance show very clearly how much of a royal pain it is to take care of a baby through their tired eyes, split hair, and slip ups. Spearhead has that classic surfer/casual dude accent and archetype, but to echo @Batbrony, he's incredibly likable and not stereotypical. He really enjoys art and how art, especially modern and abstract art, can bring out emotional responses to people. He understands how individual art is and relishes it.

I'll echo J in a chat between he an I on Discord. Based on how the beginning was written and Spike reacted by how his friends's names sounded similar, it may be implied that the writers were probably trying to convince the viewer that Spearhead was going to be generic and flat. This can create an initial impression of who Spearhead is. But then, you get hit with, well…"a whammy." If that's true, clever. ;)

Spike is the victim of some slapstick, but unlike many episodes before it (including Newbie Dash), it was quick, he clearly showed no pain, both he and Twilight were equally victimized, and Spike does get his moment at the end.

The two morals are great, too. "Spend quality time with those you love," and "don't ask to babysit on short notice."

The two issues here are some pacing (particularly in the climax after Twilight yells at her) and the fact that Twilight brought her to other sick foals at the hospital. They're small, but noticeable.

Other than that, great ep! Keep it going! ^^

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 7

46 minutes ago, Truffles said:

I had missed this little scene of her trying to get Spike's attention - I specifically watched the episode for a second time just to find it! This is the one of the few times the two of them have ever interacted with one another, and I love her body language here - it's probably her funniest scene in the series so far. It's like she's saying, "See? See? See? For the love of mommy do something about this ya purple scaly thingy!" :lol:

The motioning with her forelegs was wonderful! I read it as "Look you! You're older! You have to do something!" Plus, bopping Spike with a block was just cute!

54 minutes ago, Truffles said:

Perhaps he should be introduced to Tree Hugger? Seems like the two of them might hit it off with their skewering of the English language! :lol:

Dream episode...Tree Hugger, Spearhead, and Maud on a quest of some sort. That would be a blast!

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

The motioning with her forelegs was wonderful! I read it as "Look you! You're older! You have to do something!" Plus, bopping Spike with a block was just cute!

Agreed on both counts. Also, that expression - I can't say I've ever seen a panicked baby look this cute before. XD

• Brohoof 1