Just now, CT-1138 said:

I LOLed so hard! :lol:

Good, I aim to please. :orly:

e384378c67db6341f78db92fc1e87164.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
(edited)

I'd like this episode even if Flurry wasn't so cute, but the fact that Flurry is THE MOST ADORABLE THING EVER actually helps balance the way this depicts parenthood. Like, much more than in "Baby Cakes" or "The Crystalling," I get it. So few narratives of this type succeed in explaining why anyone should want to have children at all, but Flurry is just too precious. On one level, she's kinda terrifying, but on another level, I want to protect her. 

I'm just hope we get a good Shining and Cadance episode which doesn't revolve around the baby. They're such sweet characters but they've never gotten the character development that they deserve. The art moments are cute here but they're the weakest part, if only they don't resonate with the couple's essential personality traits the same way Twilight's bits resonate with her perfectionism. It kind of annoys me that they apparently literally can't think of anything else, as it seems like a direct impediment to them receiving the character development which has been withheld from them for far too long. Oh well, I adore this one nonetheless. 

And for all my problems with this season, I do love the specific way it uses the mane six as secondary characters. Pinkie here isn't treated any differently from Cheerilee, and that's both great because it means more Cheerilee, and interesting because it makes Pinkie feel like a more organic part of the town. As much as I love season 8's school concept, it's kind of a shame that it prevents the show from going further in this direction.

93/100

Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really like this episode. If the only thing the episode had was Flurry Heart being cute, it wouldn't have worked, and although the are a lot of moments of Flurry Heart being cute, there's more to it than that. There are a lot of really good jokes here like the "sorry" stamp and everything about the art gallery. 

Score: 8/10

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I didn't like this episode at all. I generally dislike episodes where the main character acts irresponsibly and causes everyone trouble. I also don't like Flurry Heart that much. She just never felt adorable to me, and all I've seen her do is cause trouble. I do think Twilight is the one ultimately responsible for the mess in this episode, but still.

In this episode, not only did Twi cause trouble for herself, but also for everyone around her. All this could have been prevented if Twi just listened to Spike. She just ignored him when he was being reasonable, multiple times.

I know it's just a fictional story, but I just can't enjoy episodes like this. :yuck:

• 2 weeks later...

I thought i would hate this Episode, but it was actually really funny, specially since Flurry Heart is a little bit more clever than in previous Episodes and actually saw some Problems and tried to solve them, so its nice that she isnt a complete baby anymore, so the Episode was not as annoying then previous Episodes with her.

Also Twilight did a good job at being a babysitter for the most part. Thats pretty much all i have to say for this Episode. I liked it.

• 3 months later...

This is a very cute episode. That's not all that's here as there are some other good things like Cheerilee making another appearance, Spearhead, and some other jokes, but most of the episode is reliant on Flurry Heart being cute. And in that sense it succeeds. The story isn't too interesting and there aren't that many good jokes, but ones there work and the cuteness factor does help the episode quite a bit.

Score: 7/10

• 1 month later...

I am not the biggest fan of flurry heart but this episode portrayed her nicely.

The episode is a normal slice of life episode, nice humor and a predictable plot. Nothing really special here but nothing bad either. It was nice to see shinings and cadences relationship in normal situation. 

The best part for me was the story about grogar which twilight read to the children, it was clear in that moment he will show up eventually, if we consider the shows history with ancient villains. Nice foreshadowing there. 7/10

• 1 year later...

Flurry heart was utterly adorable in this. I enjoyed seeing the amazing, soft and cuddly nurse Redheart in this one too. I like the parts where Shining Armour meets his friend. The parts with Twilight and flurry are pretty good, although the mention of Grogar was amazing...too bad they ruined his character later on in the show.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I wasn't too crazy about Flurry Heart from the get-go because I thought she's Poof 2.0, but this episode is pretty harmless and she's pretty cute and innocent, too. Once again, nice character growth for Twilight.

• 3 weeks later...

It's an adorable episode to be sure where nothing majorly happens: Slice of life, humor, some baby magic that's it. Sweet and Simple. Nothing wrong with this. I certainly think this is good episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Looking back on this episode, Flurry Heart really grew on me and I started to like a little bit more. This episode? Not so much. Twilight was so inconsiderate towards Flurry and it makes me feel sorry for Flurry Heart since she want to play with her aunt in law.

While, there are some cute moments here and there, but I thought this episode was mediocre and very frustrating.

• 2 months later...

I just don't get why there are so many people who think that Twilight was in the right for yelling at Flurry Heart when obviously ANY baby's gonna get scared when a grown-up yells at them, especially in a super harsh way. I've actually talked to some people about that, and they've been in full agreement with me. Besides, there's no telling how upset Shining Armor and Cadance would be if they found out Twilight yelled harshly at their baby.

Edited by BlueEyedPegasus
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I had a good time with this episode, but I liked Flurry Heart from the moment she was first introduced.  I found myself kinda identifying with Spike a few times here, although he seemed a bit ooc, as usually Twi is the responsible and orderly one of the pair.  I think Twi wouldn't have acted quite so irresponsibly if more opportunities to spend time with Flurry were available.  This episode inadvertently suggests she rarely has a chance to spend time with her, much less quality time.  I think every one of us would have done the racing shopping cart thing as kids if we had Flurry's abilities.  Was cool to see Spike toward the end finishing what was supposed to happen to begin with.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kinda cute. I gotta wonder though…they never said anything about if the foals were contagious. I think there shoulda been a mention for nerds like me so we knew she wasn’t taking a risk in the baby getting sick. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2022 at 10:33 PM, Adariousmist said:

I had a good time with this episode, but I liked Flurry Heart from the moment she was first introduced.  I found myself kinda identifying with Spike a few times here, although he seemed a bit ooc, as usually Twi is the responsible and orderly one of the pair. 

Eh, not really out-of-character - I'm pretty sure there have been other scenes of Spike acting as the voice of reason.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:08 PM, Gale Wind said:

Kinda cute. I gotta wonder though…they never said anything about if the foals were contagious. I think there shoulda been a mention for nerds like me so we knew she wasn’t taking a risk in the baby getting sick. 

The fact that so many of them got sick at once would be pretty strong evidence that this Horsey Hives is in fact contagious.

• Brohoof 1