Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your least favorite part about the Brony fandom.

Raven Drakeaurd

Overall just the amount of complaining whenever something in the show that doesn't go according to what fans had wanted. They say that they're leaving the fandom because the show's not good anymore and that it has "jumped the shark" for how many countless times. Understand that the show isn't perfect and catered only to appeal to Bronies who somehow wants everything to go like they want it. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, the sense of moral superiority that a lot of people in the fandom have is pretty high up on the list. Also those who try to get others to watch the show by tricking them into beliving that the show is something else than what it really is.

• Brohoof 3

15 hours ago, Raven Drakeaurd said:

I was wondering what Bronies dislike about Bronies and being Bronies.

Sorry that I just opened this forum to trolls.

Hi, as this thread is about the general fandom, it has been moved to Sugarcube Corner.

Complaining about parts of Fandom. Complaining about little things in the show. Complaining about ships and head-canons you don't agree with. Complaining about OCs (When they are not used in RPs, meaning that they don't effect other people in any way.). Complaining in general. Why do we complain so much?

Discussion is okay, critique is okay, opinions are okay, but when it turns to just complaining, that.

Edited by The Cerberus

There some people in the fandom that give fandom the bad name, I have some who p*** me off, remeber a brony upset of me for disliking a pony he likes and some agree, it annoyed me.

Also there some arts , videos and music and most fanfics and some in tumblr I dislike and even some upset me. Also Pinkinena is not Pinkie Pie.

It's kinda cheating to post in my own thread but screw it, my biggest issue with the Brony community is the nebula of trolls that have formed around it disturbing my safe-space, now that was a joke, but kinda wasn't, the Brony community was built on a foundation of being kind to others, the unofficial Brony motto has been "we do not discriminate, we do not hate, we accept you no matter your flaws, and help and be kind to each other and help others, whether they are friends or not." That's what this fandom is based on (and watching colour-full Ponies of course.) And the trolls seem to love to hate us for being just nice people, and while I do agree, some people in the Brony community can be sheltered and kinda odd, that could be said about most of these trolls as well, but we don't say that (I do, but I digress.) We just say "oh, you think we are autistic and are self-intitled mummies boys? Good for you, now please, you're stopping me from posting all the Ponies." But still it happens and still, we go on.

I kinda went off the rails for this one.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Raven Drakeaurd said:

the unofficial Brony motto has been "we do not discriminate, we do not hate, we accept you no matter your flaws, and help and be kind to each other and help others, whether they are friends or not." That's what this fandom is based on

I'm going to have to disagree with that statement. The only thing this fandom is based on is our mutual interest in a cartoon for little kids. Nothing else, and certainly not on kindness and such things. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Gestum said:

I'm going to have to disagree with that statement. The only thing this fandom is based on is our mutual interest in a cartoon for little kids. Nothing else, and certainly not on kindness and such things. 

But if you look to this fandom, you must admit the most of us are very kind and playful to each other. I think it is a big part of this community. ;)

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Gestum said:

Well, the sentiment is said often.

4 minutes ago, Hierok said:

But if you look to this fandom, you must admit the most of us are very kind and playful to each other. I think it is a big part of this community. ;)

Not really. Sure there's nice and kind people in this fandom, but there's just as many (if not more) horrible persons in it.

4 minutes ago, Raven Drakeaurd said:

Well, the sentiment is said often.

That doesn't make it true.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Gestum said:

Not really. Sure there's nice and kind people in this fandom, but there's just as many (if not more) horrible persons in it.

Maybe I am naive, but for so far I've seen there are mostly nice people here. Yes, of course, I also met one or two people who are less nice

• Brohoof 1

The ones that make art with the characters promoting a hateful or authoritarian regime of any kind, though I take a particular disdain to Fascists.

The ones that do you know what. I'm not saying any more than that because it's beyond cringy. It's downright disgusting. X(

The ones who are constantly bickering about the show "jumping the shark." Seriously?

Edited by Nerdy Luigi
It's because I'm an idiot sometimes -_-

I got tired of the "OMG the show has jumped the shark!" and "the show is dead!" stuff a while back. Basically the same as this:

On 4/21/2017 at 10:11 AM, Oleks said:

Also, the thing I don't like about all fandoms: fans are always complaining about changes. All that "the new/last season is the worst" (after every new season) and "the show is no longer what it used to be" stuff. I understand that not everyone likes the new things, but very often this just gets ridiculous.

@Oleks is right, every fandom does this. I know people who refuse to even acknowledge the prequel and sequel trilogies of Star Wars. Like give me a break, I'll accept your opinion but don't demonize the rest of us who still enjoy it, you know?

• Brohoof 2

Bronies are not very good at being funny.

A lot of the humor (from MLP animations at least) comes from using other memes/jokes, puns, or LULRANDOMXd and PC kind of stuff.

Edited by FlootahBabby
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know. I never came across anything that would bother me. I just visit this forum and regularly talk with only one brony.

you people should inform me what's bad/wrong with bronies or the fandom.

18 hours ago, Raven Drakeaurd said:

the unofficial Brony motto has been "we do not discriminate, we do not hate, we accept you no matter your flaws, and help and be kind to each other and help others, whether they are friends or not."

You forgot to add "unless you don't agree with us, of course". 

As one of the resident optimistic members of the community and the fandom, it may be surprising to be the one to say this, but I have to agree with @Gestum and @Yamet. At least in part. When they point out that the flaws inherent in humanity are on display within the fandom, it is simply looking at the reality of it. 

There are fandoms I have belonged to who have been a tad worse in some aspects and a tad better. Anecdotally, I feel that this fandom tends to trend more egocentric, and has more individuals who just can't let some things go. There are a few groups of like minded individuals who put this fandom to shame in terms or practicing a real 'love and tolerate' message. 

All in all, it's a fairly harmless fandom, and fun as hell, but it isn't utopia by a long shot. 

• Brohoof 7

The over-critical fans who don't even try to find a little good in an otherwise bad episode.

Even in the "worst" of episodes, I try to find a moment or two that's either memorable or entertaining to me.

Examples based off of Episodes I've heard were hated by majority( 1 per season):

Swarm of the Century: Dash's tornado and A.J. rounding up the Parasprites into a ball were cool attempts, even when they failed to rid the pest problem

Mysterious Mare Do Well: Making a masked hero who just used unicorn magic look like she has wings (both aren't shown together) made great foreshadowing in highsight considering what would happen to Twilight later

Just for Sidekicks: Angel Bunny getting the big gem to stop Spike's growling stomach. (Spike didn't get to use a single gem in his cake, so I say he's punished enough and NOT a Karma Houdini)

Rainbow Falls: The looks on Dash’s face in several scenes

Princess Spike: A sleepy Twilight says, "Just put the hay in the Apple and eat the candle."

Newbie Dash: Dash's impressions of the Mane 5 were pretty good!

• Brohoof 1

I guess what I least like is how closed is the fandom with respect to other fandoms, on the one hand I understand it, is a fandom very attacked by prejudices. But the fact that you can not receive constructive criticism without anyone coming to defend this show as if it were a demigod, It seems ridiculous to me. This show has its good things and its bad things, but I think that constructive criticism has to be welcome, from this fandom or from wherever it comes.

I certainly think this is one of the least toxic fandoms there is.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...