Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Fallout faction is the best

heavens-champion

Which Fallout Factions are the best:

Brotherhood of Steel, Enclave, Super Mutants of the Unity, Commonwealth Minutemen, New California Republic, Caesar's Legion, Followers of the Apocalypse, the Railroad, or the Institute?

Edited by heavens-champion

latest?cb=20110501150842

Screw them all! Go full anarchist with the Yes Man ending. :P

But in all seriousness, I'd probably go with the Followers of the Apocalypse and Mr. House. Their goals are pretty humanitarian from what I recall. I think they could do a lot of good for the Wasteland. The Institute from Fallout 4 would be a worthy contender given their technology, but unfortunately I don't trust them due their penchant for enslaving Synths and meddling in people's affairs. I also thought Elder Lyons' Brotherhood was good for the Wasteland before Maxson took over. Regular Brotherhood are too xenophobic and isolationist.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs
  • Brohoof 2

In the DC wastes, the Brotherhood of Steel (of course in 2277). They are very generous to the people of the wasteland, and also very democratic compared to the traditional Brotherhood, where everyone in it thinks they're superior to everyone else. That's why I hate the Mojave brotherhood. I always destroyed that bunker.

In the Mojave (2081), I'm not entirely sure. I can tell you, though, definitely NOT Caesar's Legion, and probably not the NCR (I don't entirely trust them). I usually went the anarchist route in New Vegas, because I never really trusted any of the factions. Of them, I think House is the best, though I feel he has ulterior motives...

I haven't yet played Fallout 4, but from what I imagine, the best faction in the Commonwealth (On a side note, they aren't THE Commonwealth...
They are one of thirteen commonwealths in the states...) (2087) (that somehow supposedly yields the worst ending? What?) is the Railroad. I like the idea of treating Synths like people, because I feel that they deserve freedom because they are conscious. Though I still despise the Institute.

Edited by Nerdy Luigi

• 2 weeks later...

The super mutants from the first fallout are so interesting, maybe not the best in terms of morals (hell in the first game the master intended to make the human race extinct by castrating them) and whilst he may have not had much screen time, The Master is on the best villains because he's given so much character in the few moments you have with him, and the addition of character in the sequels, except 3 and 4 who just made them into orcs instead of super strong/intelligent humans

NCR, all day everyday. Mainly because I'm a goody two shoes and like to play the traditionally "Good" faction, but also because none of the others appeal to me.

I haven't played any other of the games then Fallout 4, but from that game the Minutemen were the best in terms of morals and such, and the institute when it comes to goals.

Only problem with the Minutemen though is this:

• Brohoof 1

My favorite faction in New Vegas is without a doubt The Legion.  It might sound a bit strange strange, but an faction ruling with an iron fist is just what the Mojave need. 

And my favorite faction from Fallout 4 is the children of atom, mostly because they're the most interesting.  

Objectively speaking i wan't to say perhaps the New California Republic is the "best" mostly because they are a nation that derives its core Democratic values from the former United States. The NCR has plenty of things wrong with it such as corruption, violent imperialism, and war crimes but despite the faults of the NCR they seem like the only faction truly dedicated to rebuilding humanity on a grand scale. They have a strong national identity, a stand military force , cities, infrastructure, trade routes, government, justice system, currency, economy, healthcare system, etc. Everything a country needs to ensure it survives as a nation. The NCR more than anything represents hope. While the majority of factions are selfish savages squabbling to carve out a meager existence the NCR stands to improve the quality of life for all of its people and ensure safety and rule of law within its borders. In a time where hope can be a fleeting thing the NCR stands to prove that the potential of pre-war civilization was not all burned away in nuclear fire. If i lived in the Fallout universe i would be honored to lay down my life for the New California Republic. 

• Brohoof 1

I will go with the Brotherhood of Steel, although the NCR comes in close second but they aren't spreading as fast and attempting too kill as many super mutants who are destroying our great national pastime of Baseball, yes I know dear America, the Enclave are my favorite 3rd because they are really interesting.