Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

feedback How can I improve my female drawings? (PG-13)

Sarge Sixteenbit

I keep getting ignored or getting down votes on my images without them explaining why (usually the downvotes happen on knowyourmeme.com). Meanwhile, other people who do practically the same thing get praised to hell and back.

I need some feedback in order to improve

Here are some recent examples

vanilla_is_the_new_easter_bunny_by_sergespring_break_applejack_by_sergeant16bit-blaze_the_cat_in_jim_jams_by_sergeant16b

The way the legs on the left and right picture connect to the bodies doesnt look natural, it looks like it curves inward instead of outward where the butt should be

Looking at the first and second I feel like their legs are too cylindrical and aren't curvy enough. for applejack its something you'd expect because she is more masculine.
Its not just a matter of booty will get you up votes.. ok it kinda is. but women generally have more around the thigh area in comparison to other parts of the body so it doesn't look natural at the moment.

It's basically what those above me said: They don't look very natural. And no matter how seductive a pose, it's not very appealing if it looks unnatural. Try to study female anatomy, look at real life references and draw from them to get the hang of how anatomy works. But don't give up! When you learn where you went wrong, you can learn to improve from it! :)

14 hours ago, Ruffled Daydreams said:

The main thing is to add more curves, and make the anatomy better. try searching up "anime girl bases" and such. basically just tweak your anatomy and such.

I tried referencing MMD models for the images seen above. For the sketch i just posted, I referenced photographs.

Here's the fingished product of that, by the way.

summer_sunset_shimmer_by_sergeant16bit-d

• Brohoof 1

I feel like the body parts (leg and arms, possibly head) are way to big and humanoid. I like the AJ one, though your coloring and possibly shading need to improve. I hope that this doesn't seem rude, but I sometimes use this thing called an "art level". Where based off of the drawings, I calculate the level. The levels are from 0 to 100. I feel like you're at a 45, not to be rude. Your art needs improvement and that's ok, I feel like that you can do better. :)

• Brohoof 1