Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The New Element Of Harmony

~Natural Beauty~

(edited)

"Oh yea you already mentioned that well it's nice knowing I'll be alive." given the way the guards had laughed when he said interview, Gah! I'm probably gonna end up in the hospital myself She thought to herself at least he didn't take my element who knows what he would have done with that. "Criminal empire huh? Guess that was pretty great well probably worse than what you've got now. But Congrats on that." Maple looked over at ravage "You've got yourself a good guard there. He reminds me a lot of myself... in more than one way."

Edited by Maple Bat
there not their

Techno was wondering how he could follow Ennex and the group. He then saw the next elevator 50 meters up the hallway...

TU: Apparently that elevator gose up to the building next door to Ennex's office. I'll head up there and see if I can somehow get into his building.

Techno then went up the elevator... 

(edited)

Once the elevator came to a stop, the group found themselves in one of the many floors of Ennex's Manehattan tower.  This particular floor was mostly empty, all windows covered in dark tint.  A single bench rested in the center of the room.  A tan-colored mare with a broken horn was waiting next to the bench, small saddlebag not quite covering her purple broken-heart cutie mark.

"Ah, Sakuya," Ennex greeted the mare.  "Allow me to present Reflected Sunlight."  He waved a hoof at his captive.  "She will be our guest for this afternoon.  I trust you have some... refreshments prepared?"  The mare turned her head to grasp the bag in her teeth, and set it down next to the bench.  "Excellent.  If you would not mind, go down to city hall and handle my appointments for today.  I will be," he nodded at Maple, "busy for the rest of the afternoon."  Sakuya nodded, walked past them an entered the elevator.  "Now than, Miss Sunlight," Ennex turned to her and indicated the bench, "please have a seat.  We have much to discuss..."

Edited by nx9100

Maple sat down "I know. You expect a lot from me, but first my end of the bargain" She nodded at the desk "And for a drink I'll take an apple." That Unicorn didn't look ok She thought A broken horn usually hurts. She noted this sakuya character seemed dangerous because she felt she had to be.

"Let me see what we have here..." Ennex said, looking into the bad that Sakuya left behind.  He removed a small flask.  "Ah!  This should do nicely.  Here, a form of apple cider with some... spices, I believe."  He passed it to her.  "Now then, to our conversation.  According to sources provided to me by the King, YOU are one of the leaders of the so-called 'rebellion'."  His eyes narrowed.  "Would you care to elaborate on that?"

"I'm fine for now. Thank you." She wasn't thirsty enough right now to warrant the risk but he seemed nice enough to try some in a minute "Yes I am a leader. I just tell people what to do usually picking locations that damage resources or what have you. They trust my judgement and they're really more of friends than soldiers."

He nodded in response.  "I understand.  Friendship grows into loyalty to your fellow rebels.  Close bonds can mean much when facing a life or death scenario.  It encourages better cooperation between you."  He grinned.  "I do not suppose that you would be kind enough to identify the other leaders?  Perhaps a single pony that is in charge of the whole operation, hmm?"

Maple decided to drink some of the cider. Whats the worst that could happen She thought. "Can't say." She told him "As you said friendship develops into loyalty and I'm extremely devoted to killing your so called queen. Let me ask you something though. How does it feel being a worthless pawn in this effort? I know that my friends are planning to break me out of here just don't know when. However if I was to capture or execute you I don't believe Sombra or chrysalis would care." Don't think that's gonna convince him alone, I just need to make him realize...

(edited)

What Ennex and Ravage didn't know is that Techno was now following them around and spying on them. Techno was now waching them from an abandoned floor in the building next door to the office...

TU: There's something strange about that cider that I don't like. It's emitting a magic like radiation that means.. It's potentially a potion!

By the time he released it was a potion it was already too late as Maple had already taken it...

TU: That's not good. She's already taken a sip of the cider and now he's probably going to have her system wiped from it.  She is probably going to shut down in a matter of seconds now. I actually may be able to save her but still I don't know if it's going to be a good idea. Like maby they'll see me standing in the window in this building waching them. 

Edited by Techno Universal

5 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

Maple decided to drink some of the cider. Whats the worst that could happen She thought. "Can't say." She told him "As you said friendship develops into loyalty and I'm extremely devoted to killing your so called queen. Let me ask you something though. How does it feel being a worthless pawn in this effort? I know that my friends are planning to break me out of here just don't know when. However if I was to capture or execute you I don't believe Sombra or chrysalis would care." Don't think that's gonna convince him alone, I just need to make him realize...

"...if I was to capture or execute you I don't believe Sombra or chrysalis would care."

At those words, Ravage moved to place himself between his master and their captive, but Ennex waved him off.  "You are correct, they most likely wound not care.  To them, we all," he held out his hoofs to indicate everypony, "are expendable.  Sombra simply wants to be in charge of everything, and Chrysalis simply wants slaves to feed emotions to her changlings."  He shrugged.  "I accepted that when I decided to support them.  My position as a major corporate owner, plus my underworld dealings, allowed me to attach myself to them.  It gained me a governorship, so not to bad a bargain, so far."  He started to slowly pace around.  "However, I am not simply a pawn in this game.  I am one of the players.  The so-called King and Queen think I am working for them, and in daily running of Manehattan, I am."  He stopped, now several paces from her.  "Tell me, Reflected Sunlight, how much do you know about...... Nightmare Moon?"

She got angry beyond belief but on the exterior she kept calm "I'm not proud of my past..." She said a small touch of anger slipping into her voice. "I know of Nightmare moon yes. Why bother asking Luna's Disappeared so she's irrelevant." She took another drink of the cider trying to calm down.

His response... Maybe I can sway him to help us... Still a bad chance but better than I thought She thought smirking.

Techno then could sense Maple's anger and it made his stomach sink and made him start to panic in his head...

TU: Is she getting angry because of the potion. I guess that's what it's doing to Maple but what's alarming is that it's making her so angry to the point where it's approaching the physical universal interval limit. That means... It it slips into her jealousy that means she could become a nightmare from of herself! Because of everything around her that she could use she would not only take over equestria but she would do everything she can to go beyond this universe and that could truly break everything! It seems that's exactly what they are trying to do with making her into a nightmare form this way but they should seriously consider that they would likely get themselves killed in the process. Ennex truly must know about the jealously overload glich to be doing such a thing.   

(edited)

Ennex watched her drink more of the cider, once again thankful to have a zebra-trained lieutenant.  Such wonderful potions!  "Luna has vanished," he agreed, "but that is of little concern.  There are, stories, about how she became Nightmare Moon."  His eyes wandered out the window, looking up into the sky.  "Such wonderful powers she possessed.  Especially one."  He turned back to face her.  "Nightmare Moon still exists.  While not corporeal, and therefor cannot be 'found' in the literal sense."  He slowly stepped closer to her, and Ravage could have sworn he saw an evil glow in his master's eyes, but assumed it was a trick of the light.  "But she still remains.  She speaks to us, speaks to me."  He walked past her.  "Each night, when I am alone in my sleep, I can hear her.  Speak to her.  The 'King' and 'Queen' think they are in charge?  They have no idea what real power is."  He turned back to her, eyes wide with determination.... or madness.  "You believe me to be a 'worthless pawn' to Sombra and Chrysalis, but the truth is the reverse.  I am using them.  Let them sit on the throne, and deal with the masses.  Once I have the power of Nightmare Moon, I will be able to control them just as she controlled Luna."  He focused on her.  "And I do NOT need some pathetic rebellion derailing my plans...."

Edited by nx9100

TU: Great! Now Ravage wants to make himself into his nightmare from. That means he'll need to exploit his system to trigger the glich and I can't allow that. I need to find a way that I can tap into their systems remotely from here.

Techno couldn't find anything in his system that would work in that sense...

TU: And it looks like I have nothing in that sense. I guess I'll just need to watch what they do next. 

Back in ponyville in the rebellion's HQ a dragonequus stood up to meet with a pony who gathered info for him. He read the new reports and saw something that made him lose hope Maple Bat captured by Enemy leader hope of her return is low. "I... I need to fix this..." The Dragonequus past a group of ponies "Lieutenant Orchestra? Where are you heading?"one of them said. "Just going on a walk in the chaos realm. And I told you call me Woody." He then closed the portal and opened one close to Ennex's office. He heard a loud thud as he knocked on the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Maple was still angry. She had gotten so mad at his words she didn't even want to drink her cider anymore.

9 hours ago, nx9100 said:

"Once I have the power of Nightmare Moon, I will be able to control them just as she controlled Luna."

"THAT'S IT" She snapped standing up quickly smashing her hoof into the floow "You have no idea who you have been pushing and now I don't care I'm done lying." She stood up quickly and picked up ravage with her magic not caring how tired she would get from it and walked right up to Ennex "First you insult me and the rebellion calling us stupid. Then you DARE insult my father saying the effects of your pitiful potions would cause "chaos"! You say you can harness real power but I bet you'll be consumed by it and die..." She paused "And now you insult Lady Luna saying you even compare to her in any way. My name is Maple Bat! I am the daughter of Kindness and Chaos" She started getting really tired from using her magic "I'll see the end to this war and If... If you think you'll win.You're... dead... wrong." Before collapsing she threw Ravage down onto the floor. Not knowing what would happen now she laid there on the ground unconscious. Around the time she fell, there was a knocking at the door.

Once he was free, Ravage quickly recovered and made ready to subdue Maple.... when the knock on the elevator door caught him completely by surprise.  Ennex too looked up, never expecting such an intrusion.  His face was stern.  Playtime was over.  "Rebels," he said, looking at Ravage.  The bodyguard nodded, and quickly positioned himself between the elevator and his master, the three guards forming up around him...

(edited)

"Can you hear me over there... Woodland Orchestra here. And yes I'm alone" He said introducing himself as he opened the door. "I'm here to negotiate the return of my sister. Whether that be violently ot not is up to you." She saw her laying on the floor and thought that's what that thud was. "So what I'm thinking is I take her home and you can get something out of this too. After all you got lucky given how angry she was that she didn't seriously hurt anyone."

Edited by Maple Bat

Ravage and the guards tensed when the dragonequus entered the room, but waited for any signal from their master.  Ennex simply stood and studied the newcomer for a moment, choosing his words carefully.  Finally, he nodded.  "But of course, she may return with you.  We were just about finished with our conversation, anyway."  He glanced at her unconscious form.  "However, you are correct, I WILL be wanting something in return."  He grinned.  The potion was about to activate anyway, he thought.  Now it can torture her and her friends will have to watch!  "Give me the name of the rebel leader, the one who inspires and guides the entire group, and she can go free."

"Oh... That'd be her." He said nodding towards Maple hiding Zecora's existence "Well me as well but I'm no leader. I sing if the army feels uneasy or nervous. It help me us my magic too. I'm really just her strategist."

Maple woke abruptly. With a sharp pain in her stomach, She cried out in pain she wasn't sure how to respond to it other than just scream.

"Maple!" Woodland moved everyone out of the way by using is magic. "Are you ok what did they do to you. What did you do to her?!"

His eyes widened, grin spreading from ear to ear.  "Ah, Sakuya's potion has finally taken effect.  Excellent!"  He watched he cry out.  "And do not insult me.  She is far too young and inexperienced to be the primary force behind your rebellion.  I have the anti-potion... but it will cost you.  And you already know the price...."

"I don't need that thanks anyways." He began to sing a mystical sounding tune casting a healing spell on Maple seeing as it had no effect he had no choice. "I'm telling you the truth she's a strong leader. She works really hard and never lets her friends down it's not a rebellion its a bunch of friends trying to change the world."

Maple began to stand up even dying of pain. "I told you... I'll see this war through... and you won't win." She limped over to the elevator "I'm leaving with or without your anti-potion. You call me young which I am but I have experience after all my brother is an amazing strategist and I'm a inspiration. That's why I earned that nickname "Reflected sunlight" because I'm a beacon of hope in a world of darkness."

This is when Techno couldn't watch any longer and he snapped...

TU: That dose it! They've done enough and now it's time they have to deal with me. I'll go in there invisible and I'll try to do a couple of things that appear to be supernatural.

Techno then turned invisible and silently teleported over to the office. He then started talking to Maple via his mind so nobody else could hear him.

TU: Psst. Maple it's me Techno and I'm in the office right now but I'm invisible right now. Remember your not alone as the only hope in the darkness as there's me to. Now I'll try to pull off a sneaky trick with giving you the anti potion. If I do it the potion would quickly shoot over to you aiming straight for your mouth as it would try to force you to drink it. It's just I want the whole thing to be quick so they don't notice I'm here. We could also try to take them down together plus I've got the device here with me but it's invisible like I am. We could take the Ennex and Ravage down together but the only issue is that the device doesn't work on Ennex but it might if I make a sneak attack with it as that's exactly how Ravage took me down all those years ago.

He watched her struggle to the elevator, enjoying the obvious pain her muscles were in.  "It appears that normal forms of persuasion are ineffective on you," Ennex replied.  "I admit, I may have underestimated you.  While I still believe that there has to be somepony serving as your true leader and guide, I will concede the point for now."  His eyes drifted to the dragonequus.  Ennex was no fool, he new of the stories about Discord and his reality-warping powers, and while he didn't know if this one was a strong, he had no intention of provoking it.  Not now, at least...

Suddenly, he noticed Ravage tense.  "Another is here," reported the bodyguard, eyes scanning the room, "we should go."

"One moment," Ennex said, and turned back to the siblings.  "I will grant you one last chance," he told her, "end your rebellion.  All it will do is cause more suffering.  Once have control over the King and Queen, I will bring order to all of Equestria.... and we shall have peace..."

Techno then got an idea...

TU: Wait did Ravage just say reality warping powers. More like dimensional warping so maby I have something in my system that is relevant to that...

Techno took a look through his system to find a spell dataset for creating an managing pocket dimensions...

TU: Now this is perfect! I could hold Ennex and Ravage ransom so they have to surrender control of Manehatten if they want to get out of the pocket dimension. It wouldn't matter about time as the dimension would be completely separate to this place so whenever we come back we would pretty much arrive at the same time as us leaving. I guess we should do it then!

There was then a sudden flash of light in the office for everything outside the windows to be replaced by black and empty void. Everyone was now inside a pocket dimension where the office was the whole dimension and there was nothing else beyond the office. Techno then revealed himself and his device...

TU: You where never expecting this won't you Ennex and Ravage? To suddenly end up getting trapped inside a pocket dimension. I'm pretty much the only one here that can possibly get us out of this dimension and I'll only let you out if you surrender power of Manehatten. Seriously if I leave and take my friends with me. You two will be tapped here for eternity. Plus this dimension is nothing more than this office floor and don't bother trying the elevator as it's locked in place and it cannot get you anywhere. So are you going to make the right choice or are you going to remain here for trillions of years to come.

They all stood silently for a moment, as Techno's words sank in.  Then, Ennex did the one thing Ravage never expected...

He laughed.

"Well done!" he praised Techno.  "Such a marvelous ploy!  See how he leaves us without a choice, Ravage?" he chuckled.  "Oh, how I wish I could accommodate you.  Alas, I am afraid that I cannot."  He turned to Maple.  "This is why you rebels are simple-minded.  Always thinking of the moment, never the next step.  Or the next twenty steps."  He laughed again at Techno.  "Do you really think it would be this easy?  Come now, how could a simple earth pony such as myself possibly survive all these years running a criminal empire?  Or even prove useful to Sombra and Chrysalis?  I may not have magic, but what I do have is intelligence.  One in my position must always plan for every contingency, no matter how unlikely.  For example," he waved a hoof around the room, "while I might be trapped here, Sakuya is not.  Since the day she got her cutie mark, I have been grooming her, preparing her, teaching her.  She is my backup.  If I disappear, she takes over and continues my plans.  Not to mention my twin brother, and the conditioning he does not remember having."  Determination flashed in his eyes.  "And you can bet on the revenge Sakuya will take out on the population should I vanish.  That was my father's most important lesson: always, always, cover your bets...."