Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

YOU have to babysit Flurry Heart! What do you do?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Just gonna say this right now and real quick; DROP THE REFERENCES TO SUIICDE. Jokes are fine and all, but considering the sensitivity regarding issues to suicide and the history of people being public with these threats here please refrain from using statements like "I'd kill myself" and the like.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, this is a contract I'd cancel immediately. Babysitting sounds like an inconvenience already but I bet it'd be even worse with Flurry. Her magic scares me!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Scream.

But am I allowed to throw her off the Crystal Castle like Shining Armor did to Cadence? That makes it okay, right?

Edited by Lunar Glow

(edited)

tumblr_lw21udQcVi1r3k1m8o1_500.gif

BUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Nah but seriously, I would refuse the offer. Not qualified for handling babies as you can tell by this post already :lol:. Besides its just a baby pony. It has a chance [to] grow up to be a somewhat likable character at the very least.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Adding the word ‘to’ in [ ]
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd play her some Mozart, because leading experts say playing Mozart makes babies smarter less likely to nuke the sitter. 

Edited by Narcissus

I dumped the baby on the spot and I ran away. I ran away, I ran away, danger stared me in the face and I ran away, I'm hoping Princess Cadance smokes two packs a day, 'cause I dumped baby Flurry Heart and I ran away.

I don't know. I want to say that I could handle it. (Meaning: I'd be able to find whatever assistance is necessary to make it work.) But if I'm expected to do everything by myself, I don't think that'd be possible, even for my OC. Though, after Sunburst guided BBBFF and Cadence through calming magic usage, I think Flurry Heart wouldn't be such an extreme handful. So, maybe I'd take the job?

I would instantly refuse. I already have this unsavory (to most) urge to drop kick the child, I don't think I'd be a very good babysitter. Mostly because I hate children to begin with before they are a certain age. The moment children can talk and actually have a decent, full sentence conversation with you, and can wipe their own arse, I'm good, that's fine. But babies? And especially one as selfish, annoying, and out of control (which is totally brokestick on this character, another reason why I despise her), I wouldn't even dare. 

I don't even think poor PrinceShining Armour and Princess Cadence deserve this.

I would first try to get out of it. Then try to get Twilight or somepony to help me who preferably has magic but at least could deal with the diapers.

Other than that all I can do is distract her with shiny things and candy and hope for the best.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:01 PM, Memento Mori said:

I would instantly refuse. I already have this unsavory (to most) urge to drop kick the child, I don't think I'd be a very good babysitter. Mostly because I hate children to begin with before they are a certain age. The moment children can talk and actually have a decent, full sentence conversation with you, and can wipe their own arse, I'm good, that's fine. But babies? And especially one as selfish, annoying, and out of control (which is totally brokestick on this character, another reason why I despise her), I wouldn't even dare. 

I don't even think poor PrinceShining Armour and Princess Cadence deserve this.

Have you seen the trailers for "The Incredibles 2"?

• 2 years later...

I have zero interest or experience in caring for children of any age in any context, so that's an obvious hard pass. One would expect that a member of royalty would have easy access to experienced babysitters when the need should arise.

And as for "A Flurry of Emotions", I just realized: On top of Twilight haphazardly trying to balance babysitting with her pre-existing obligations (which wound up making a huge mess when Flurry Heart didn't get the attention she wanted), she was also bringing a baby into a hospital ward full of kids suffering from a likely contagious disease. Not a real smart move there.

Edited by HedonismBot