Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Some foreshadowing in the new episode?

Hierok

@Hierok

Apologies for being a bit rushed there, but watch the spoiler use there. Edited the title a bit. :)

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

@Hierok

Apologies for being a bit rushed there, but watch the spoiler use there. Edited the title a bit. :)

Yeah sorry. Didn't think about that. Just so hyped for the idea. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

I would love to see him, but I am going to go on a limb here and guess his name was just an Easter Egg. The very fact they used him in this particular way in this particular setting, just hints to me that they have no plans on using him in the context of the show and tossed his name out there as a surprise for older fans. Of course I could be wrong and would love to be... but I just get that vibe from it all. Only time will tell, but for now I am not going to get my hopes up.

• Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, RareBase said:

Then maybe Spike's resemblance to the heroic dragon in the other book was foreshadowing as well? Heroic grown-up Spike VS Grogar season finale possibly?

I want to believe.

I've had a long standing theory that Spike was one of the enemies of Equestria that was sealed up 1000 years ago. Luna/Nightmare Moon was sealed on the moon for her Envy, Discord was sealed in stone because of his Chaos, Tirek was sealed in Tartarus due to his Cruelty, Sombra was sealed in the depths of ice for his Betrayal of the Crystal Empire, and The Dragon Lord Spike was sealed in an EGG for his Greed. An Egg that was opened 1000 years later upon the activation of the new bearers of the elements of Harmony. It would explain why Celestia refuses to tell Twilight about where Spike came from, and why he grows so powerful when he participates in the act of greed. He grew to Godzilla proportions with a meager pile from Ponyville, imagine how massive he'd be with an ACTUAL hoard. 

Honestly its probably only going to amount to Fanfic material I've used quite liberally, but it would be neat to see if it's actually confirmed in one way shape or form. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 6

If it's foreshadowing I'm all in! I'm a bit biased though. Back in 2014 I wrote RP Lore for Sheep as my first 'staff assignment' on MLPF. I threw in a little nod to Grogar and subtly connected him to Sheep history and their *almost* suppressed fear of him. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, RareBase said:

Then maybe Spike's resemblance to the heroic dragon in the other book was foreshadowing as well? Heroic grown-up Spike VS Grogar season finale possibly?

I want to believe.

Oh I hope not! I really wanted Spike to be saved for when Scorpan comes back to the show! But hey, it's still Spike at his greatest so I can't complain there! ;)

• Brohoof 2

Just now, MegaSean45 said:

Oh I hope not! I really wanted Spike to be saved for when Scorpan comes back to the show! But hey, it's still Spike at his greatest so I can't complain there! ;)

Unless Scorpan comes back in the same episode as Grogar. Why not?:please:

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, RareBase said:

Unless Scorpan comes back in the same episode as Grogar. Why not?:please:

That would be really awesome. Scorpan vs Grogar?

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Hierok said:

That would be really awesome. Scorpan vs Grogar?

Yeah that's not a bad idea at all! Scorpan gets discovered by, I dunno... Twilight, Spike, or Starlight? Or all three of them? Cause he's the key to defeating Grogar? And then the next season comes, and Scorpan has to make peace with Tirek! That would be two whole seasons planned! :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
18 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Yeah that's not a bad idea at all! Scorpan gets discovered by, I dunno... Twilight, Spike, or Starlight? Or all three of them? Cause he's the key to defeating Grogar? And then the next season comes, and Scorpan has to make peace with Tirek! That would be two whole seasons planned! :D

Scorpan is found by Spike with Big Mac and Discord on a guys night. Discord doesn't want him around, but the mane 6 are interrested and keep him around.

Scorpan vs Grogar. Scorpan loses, but on the last moment the mane 6 save him and they defeat him together. He is trapped in Tartarus. *Cliffhanger= Chrysalis watches from a distance.*

Scorpan wants to make sure Tirek stays in prison, but wants to talk with him. It is not an easy talk and Scorpan is sad about the faith for his brother.

Chrysalis frees Tirek and Grogar and they began to attack. They'll be defeated. Chrysalis by Celestia. Grogar by mane 6 and Luna. Tirek by Discord and Scorpan.

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, RareBase said:

I want to believe.

I noticed this "dragon that looks like [Spike]" had wings and was able to fly according to the end of the story. If it's foreshadowing, then maybe Spike still has a chance to fly someday?

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Truffles said:

I noticed this "dragon that looks like [Spike]" had wings and was able to fly according to the end of the story. If it's foreshadowing, then maybe Spike still has a chance to fly someday?

Perhaps, he's the only dragon we've seen without wings so far, but we haven't seen any other dragons that appear to be his age, and growing naturally/growing by greed seem to be separate. So, maybe the wings just grow later on.

I want to see him get flying lessons from RD and Twilight, that sounds fun.

• Brohoof 2

24 minutes ago, Truffles said:

Flying spike. Jeez, that's going to be fun 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

I like it. 

Twilight's fantasy in the premier was actually a premonition and Starlight and Suburst accidentally release an entity 'lost' in time which turns out to be Grogar, who releases Tirek when he realizes he can't conquer Equestria on his own, and the Mane Six and Spike have to recruit Scorpan to assist. Spike's origin is revealed to be connected to Grogar as the son of the storybook hero. 

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I like it. 

Twilight's fantasy in the premier was actually a premonition and Starlight and Suburst accidentally release an entity 'lost' in time which turns out to be Grogar, who releases Tirek when he realizes he can't conquer Equestria on his own, and the Mane Six and Spike have to recruit Scorpan to assist. Spike's origin is revealed to be connected to Grogar as the son of the storybook hero. 

Exactly what I was thinking, and to add to that, Spike's egg was discovered by Scorpan after the storybook dragon has fallen and given to Celestia before he leaves Equestria! Yunno, us talking about is going to jinx it! Best to keep our mouths shuts until we know for sure! ;)

• Brohoof 2

In his folly, Shadow Lock has removed all memories of Grogar from Equestrian history but he has forgotten the old stories told to foals, stories that do not necessarily have a written version. Thus the memory of Grogar remains in this world. He is the presence lurking under your bed, the shadow stalking you on a lonely road, the strange noise outside your window in the middle of the night. Each frightened beat of your trembling hearts makes him stronger. Each panicked thought related to him paves the way for his return. Shadow Lock has failed. Tambelon shall rise.

Now let me tell you a few things about our water filters and globalism ...

• Brohoof 4

11 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

In his folly, Shadow Lock has removed all memories of Grogar from Equestrian history but he has forgotten the old stories told to foals, stories that do not necessarily have a written version. Thus the memory of Grogar remains in this world. He is the presence lurking under your bed, the shadow stalking you on a lonely road, the strange noise outside your window in the middle of the night. Each frightened beat of your trembling hearts makes him stronger. Each panicked thought related to him paves the way for his return. Shadow Lock has failed. Tambelon shall rise.

Now let me tell you a few things about our water filters and globalism ...

Who is Shadow Lock? And what has he to do with mlp?

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Hierok said:

Who is Shadow Lock? And what has he to do with mlp?

Shadow Lock is an edgy unicorn antihero/main villain inside the latest issues of IDW's main MLP comic series that are allegedly connected to the current season. He wants to erase all memories of particular historic events and he seems very desperate in his attempts.

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Shadow Lock is an edgy unicorn antihero/main villain inside the latest issues of IDW's main MLP comic series that are allegedly connected to the current season. He wants to erase all memories of particular historic events and he seems very desperate in his attempts.

If it's an edgy villain, I rather don't want him in the show. But if he is the key to a more epic villain, then is an edgy character always better. Makes the epic villain more epic :twi:

8 hours ago, Hierok said:

If it's an edgy villain, I rather don't want him in the show. But if he is the key to a more epic villain, then is an edgy character always better. Makes the epic villain more epic :twi:

The chances of Shadow Lock appearing are minimal. Having a contained prequel story with loose connections to the show, this comic is only a supplement for the more engaged fans. This way the casual viewers aren't forced to read it just so they can understand what's going on. The big question here is if Grogar is indeed the connection between IDW and the show. It's a bit of a stretch. Hence the Alex Jones reference in my first post :P

• Brohoof 3