Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cartoons better than MLP.

CastletonSnob

I like Star Wars Rebels a lot, but it's so different than MLP I can hardly compare the two. As a cartoony cartoon, MLP wins easily. As an action cartoon, Star Wars wins. (And admittedly I am biased when it comes to Star Wars; it's my other great love). :rarity: 

• Brohoof 2

I either like a cartoon or i don't. I am not much into playing favorites and trying to decide which one I like better over another. Since they all have different things I like about them, and many are scattered across different years as well as it can vary by a given mood I am in at a certain time, I really can't place one over another. Right now of the current "active" cartoons that are airing MLP is probably my favorite... although Stephen Universe has gained a lot of my attention as well. To also be fair, I have not been checking out a lot of other modern cartoons recently so who knows what I might be missing?

None, I enjoy a few other shows, but none of them nearly as much as MLP. With most of them my interest comes and goes, while MLP I've had on the brain since I found it, and haven't lost interest at all.

Edited by RareBase

I was gonna say Megas XLR but then you said running today and then I realized that I haven't seen any other running shows currently out 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, as of late, there have been cartoons I've been into more that MLP. If we're just talking currently running, I'd say Steven Universe, The Amazing World of Gumball, The Powerpuff Girls 2016 (yes, I actually like this show), We Bare Bears, SpongeBob (I'm actually looking forward to new episodes again), The Loud House, Harvey Beaks, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Milo Murphy's Law, and Hanazuki: Full of Treasures. I realize that's quite a few shows, but I'm not as into MLP as I used to be, and that's actually not even half of what I watch anyway.

Steven Universe, and Star Vs. are two of my favorite picks. I'd like to get into The Loud House too, I hear it's good.

Does anime count? Then My Hero Academia.

I'm not as big on MLP as I used to be, but there aren't that many other toons on these days that I'm all that much into. The only one currently running that I could really say I like more and find better than MLP in some aspects is The Amazing World of Gumball. The show goes a lot further with its humor but I still find most of MLP's characters more enjoyable.

As for other shows that are now gone but ran concurrently with MLP, I'd have to give mention to Gravity FallsWander Over Yonder, and The Legend of Korra.

• Brohoof 2

I too love "The Amazing World of Gumball" for its humor, laughed a lot watching this show, especially because of Nicole :D . But is it better than MLP ? I wouldn't be so sure about that, although some of the last episodes have been incredible, but perhaps it lacks those great villains which made most of MLP's season's debut and finale memorable. I've yet to see a villain as charismatic as Discord or a fight in a cartoon as amazing as Twilight vs Tirek (even though Nicole vs Yuki was very entertaining in TAWOG).

Also, I don't think it's fair saying this cartoon is better than MLP considering how different they are in many aspects, but "Rick and Morty" is definitely the best cartoon I've watched. It's funny, intelligent, unexpected, it's literally got it all. Then again, it's not aimed at the same audience at all, but there isn't a single episode I found bad or even average.

On April 22, 2017 at 9:48 PM, VG_Addict said:

We all love the show MLP. But what cartoons running today would you say are better than our pony show?

So, shows that currently run? They could be reruns, for example? Or do you mean shows that are actively progressing with more episodes ever few weeks?

I think MLP:FiM is most assuredly a top-tier cartoon. But there exist a few others that can surpass it (imo).

Current:

• Steven Universe (yes, that is all)

Of all time:

• Samurai Jack (I have not seen the newest season, so I cannot vouch for a continuation in the quality witnessed in the old show)
  • The PowerPuff Girls (original show, not this 2016 nonsense; I really consider this to be more "on par" with FiM instead of flat out surpassing it)
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (anime still count as cartoons, fools :P Higurashi had a "not so amazing" anime adaptation. It is one of the worst ways to experience this series. BUT Higurashi is just so freaking good that a subpar anime adaptation cannot suppress its magnificence)
  • Death Note (better anime than the manga imo, and absolutely amazing)
  • Elfen Lied (saddest anime I have ever watched. very freaking emotional)

• Brohoof 2

In terms of current stuff, I simply don't watch enough to make a proper judgement, but when counting everything? The first 3 seasons of Spongebob. The subtle humor in those episodes is amazing, same with the comedic timing and the characters. I laugh at least once a day remembering a quote from the show. XD

I think it depends on my mood but:

• Steven Universe
  • Ninja Turtles 2003
  • Korra
  • 90's X-men
  • Gargoyles

• 2 weeks later...

As far as current animated shows go, I've recently been more into Rick and Morty rather than MLP:FiM. I'd also say Samurai Jack, but I haven't watch the newest episodes yet; I still need to watch the rest of the original seasons (which I'm more than halfway through).

for anime:

- One Punch Man;

- The boy and the Beast (it's actually a movie, but is so gorgiusly animated)

For carttons:

- Star vs the forces of evil;

- Gravity Falls;

- Gargoyles (disney)

- Old Ninja Turtles series;

- The Boondocks (higly well animated, but tremendusly vulgar and funny about it).