Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cartoons better than MLP.

CastletonSnob

For things currently running, Steven Universe and Voltron Legendary Defender are better, and Miraculous Ladybug is close.

For past shows, Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.

These are all very different shows so comparing is hard (and I didn't even include anime) but these shows are better in my eyes than My Little Pony (not by too much though).

This does remind me of an interesting thing I thought of though, and that's that there are essentially two kinds of cartoons: Kids to preteens cartoons and adult cartoons. There are very few aimed at the audience of teens. The few I could think of are Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, and Voltron Legendary Defender. Lots of people would consider these as kid shows, but they are definitely directed more towards teens than kids. There aren't that many of them though, with the overwhelming amount directed at kids and majority of the rest at adults.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gravity Falls is so entertaining that I still go back to watch some of the older episodes even if I've already seen all of them. Since the other cartoons I watch haven't exactly made me do that as much, I can just assume that Gravity Falls is my favorite cartoon.

I tend to like shows with an ongoing storyline a little more, like Steven Universe or Gravity Falls.

I still think FIM is a better show than I ever would've expected it to be.

I don't like cartoons much, but I'd say spongebob since it brings back so many memories.

Current ones... I can't say better, but on par with is Teen Titans Go.

No longer on the air.  Sorry My Little Ponies, but the original Power Puff Girls Will always be the best.  (I personally don't acknowledge what Cartoon Network is currently airing.) 

• 1 year later...

Jo-Jo's Bizarre Circus is 1000000000000000x better than My Little Pepe.

I haven't really kept up on cartoons, but I assume that Spongebob and the aforementioned Jo-Jo's Bizarre Circus are probably better.

(edited)
  • Old SpongeBob
  • Steven Universe
  • The Simpsons (back when it was really good)
  • Samurai Jack
  • We Bare Bears
  • Rick and Morty

I think that's about it for shows that are actually out. When Hazbin Hotel and Long Gone Gulch come out they also have a good chance to be also be on this list. Though anime-wise, I'd also consider One-Punch Man about as good as MLP. :P

Edited by DusksuD

SpongeBob before Season 5

Teen Titans before this Teen Titans Go! nonsense

Sonic SatAM

Spider-man: The Animated Series

Hey Arnold!

Invader Zim

• Brohoof 2

As for running shows, I'll say Young Justice by far. Better storyline, characters and such. If movies count, the entire DCOMU.

But for something a bit more 'for kids', as they say it, and in the circle Miraculous Ladybug and Ninjago.

For past shows, Teen Titans, Justice League (Unlimited lacks quality by an inch) and Batman Beyond.

Anything that is remotely made on Cartoon Network? 

• Amazing world of Gumball
  • Adventure Time
  • Regular Show
  • We Bare Bears
  • Samurai Jack
  • Unikitty
  • Yong Justice

I already posted here long ago but I didn’t mention the Barbie series’ (Life in the Dreamhouse and Dreamhouse Adventures) which are among my favorites (assuming CG shows count). I also love Miraculous Ladybug too but I don’t know if it can compete on the level of the ponies.  The thread seems to want current shows so i'll exclude my all-time favorites, Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs and Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers (but I wanted to sneak in a mention of them anyway). :D 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Maybe Ninja Turtles and Penguins of Madagascar, but that's a big maybe. FiM ranks very high up for me.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

Penguins of Madagascar is one. It had good writing, great voice actors (including Tara Strong at one point), and interesting stories throughout it's 3 season run.
Rugrats. Need I say more?
Ed Edd n Eddy. This show was one of the most entertaining shows Cartoon Network ever created. So funny, great voice acting, and great writing and stories throughout its run.
Rick and Morty. Not gonna say more, but this show is probably the weirdest, most funny cartoon out there.
Alien News Desk. This show is one of the most bizarre shows i've ever watched. Really funny and from the minds that bring us SNL.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...