Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Soothing sounds?

Halberd

~*Mods, feel free to move this topic if it's not appropriate for this subforum.*~

Are there any sounds you find particularly enjoyable? It can range from anything to sounds that make you sleepy, or help you concentrate. I guess you could also call this phenomenon "white noise" or even "ASMR."

I have a few of my own. Having been a swimmer in high school, my enjoyment of being in water stems from the sounds that occur when I am underwater. Hearing the sounds of water brings back feelings of nostalgia. I can almost sleep to it. But really, it just makes me wish I had a swimming pool nearby to indulge in my past activities.

There is also the sound of a hair dryer. While I don't personally use one, my neighbor does. And it's pretty loud. Fortunately, it's enough to put me to sleep if I'm having trouble.

• Brohoof 2

I know this is gonna be weird, but Mass Effects Doctor Liara T'soni's voice.

I can imagine her as a mother, yelling at male shepard for letting their daughter get dirty after a bath xD.

Edited by Spartan

I find rain hitting our tin roof to be a pretty relaxing sound. I love it when I can go to bed and I know it's raining, it sounds so nice. I also like the silent ambiance of a library, the only sound being people randomly flipping pages, silently typing or some distant chatter with a librarian.

• Brohoof 5

Water lapping or crashing on the shore

Wolf howls

Rain and low thunder. 

Crickets chirping

Morning Doves

Birds singing in the morning. Except this one little mocking bird, sometimes it makes car alarm noises. Lol

Whale songs

• Brohoof 3

I actually really like the sound of rain.

Just sitting in my bed, under my sheets and covers, hearing the sound of rain as I drift to sleep, makes for a pretty pleasant experience.

• Brohoof 3

Probably any sound of nature.

Most of all, I like the sound of rain, the howling of the wind, and rustling of leaves and branches.

• Brohoof 3

I love listening to relaxing spa music, especially if it includes the sounds of nature. Rain puts me right to sleep! Enya's music also helps me to wind down when I'm feeling stressed. :) 

The sound of a thunderstorm is one of my favorites, especially with the rain hitting a roof. Not only is it relaxing for me, it also is comforting in a way. it gives me a sense of safety indoors, feels nice. I also like the sound of a hair dryer, not for sleeping, but for zoning out. Another one I like is the sound of wind in a winter storm. Does about the same thing a thunderstorm does for me.

• Brohoof 3

I love the sound of airline jets, up close, far away or from inside one. Strange I know, but somehow soothing for me. I also love the sounds of distant trains, cricket song, crackling fires and really violent thunder storms (provided they're not knocking out the electricity or causing damage). The louder the thunder, the more cozy it is inside where it's warm and dry and I can cuddle with my plushies. :twi:

• Brohoof 3

I really enjoy the sound of birds chirping softly and the sound of running water in steams... It is so tranquil.

• Brohoof 2

It is usually classical music, especially of a piano, a slow and soft violin, or a pipe organ melody, that is soothing to my ears. They (especially the pipe organ melodies) also stimulate my imagination as I create beautiful scenes from the music within my mind.

My favorite sounds deal with the road. I love general car noise, I love the sound of rain while in a car. I enjoyed the sound of the highway when I used to live by one. The noise of tires splashing through puddles is extremely satisfying. Turn signals are nice, especially the clunk after you made your turn.

I also thoroughly enjoy birds and crickets early in the morning.

• Brohoof 1

Rain on the windows, crashing thunder, howling wind, the rushing of the sea, things like that. I also like the sound of a fire crackling, or crickets and cicadas if I happen to be somewhere those live.

I like the faint sound of the a/c running through the vents during sleep. It's soothingly pleasant after a hot day.

The sound of ice floating and hitting a glass cup sounds great like tiny jingles of bells, pleasantly satisfying.

Distant sound of wind on a steep mountaintop gives me a aural chill and the sound of an nearby waterfall gives the sound of peacefulness but yet delivers a satisfying tone to the ear.

Sometimes the sound of the road, tires and engine puts me to sleep as it drones on alongside during a trip.

Propeller powered airplanes swarms the skies in the afternoon and the sound they emit distantly echoes through the neighborhood.

Multiple small birds calling each other through the trees nearby brings comfort and a sense of life.

Faint sounds of yard working equipment endlessly working puts an sound of lively and busy ambience. 

The sound of an computer's hard drive, fans and the clicking of my mouse sometimes puts me to sleep after looking at the screen for awhile. 

I used to use an app that had different 'soothing' sounds to help a person sleep. White noise made me think more, but there was one of a train on tracks hat I found weirdly soothing. I think it's because I related it to a night train where everything it's quiet and snuggly >_>

• 2 months later...